KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6634|949

i ordered a baby/toddler gym off amazon.  Today i got the package...it was a 30lb bag of dog food.  They better fucking send me my real shit before christmas.  Fucking amazon
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England
Weird. I've never gotten the wrong item delivered by amazon
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6634|949

im amazed at the intelligence of someone that packs a 30 lb bag of dog food then throws in a packing slip that says "baby/toddler gym" on top of said bag of dog food.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

im amazed at the intelligence of someone that packs a 30 lb bag of dog food then throws in a packing slip that says "baby/toddler gym" on top of said bag of dog food.
I suspect they know who you are and they're fucking with your mind.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6719|Riva, MD
Apparently Best Buy actually price-matches with Amazon and a few others: http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/my- … ad-closely
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Ugh …

https://i.imgur.com/vJdFJTQ.png
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6675|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
57 messages from an Ewok?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I'm on the train back to my hometown to attend a wake and it's amazing how shitty this branch is. The rich people further up the line demanded that the branch not be electrified in order to be less attractive to commuters, and thus stave off development. So now I'm stuck on a train that is going to offload me a half hour closer to Manhattan  by car than my house, but requires a transfer and fifteen additional minutes than my normal commute. And the trains only run once per hour. FWP
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Pocshy2.0
+23|3373

Jay wrote:

The rich people further up the line demanded that the branch not be electrified in order to be less attractive to commuters, and thus stave off development.
Sounds like a top level conspiracy against the wealth creators in this country. Which team are you playing for these days?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
Now that he has a kid, darwinist libertarianism seems less appealing. Give it a few years and he will be a Clinton democrat.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
spent the last two days in bed or hunched over the toilet with either the flu or some mild food poisoning. finally i'm back at work and now my shoulder is in constant pain for no apparent reason.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

Jay wrote:

The rich people further up the line demanded that the branch not be electrified in order to be less attractive to commuters, and thus stave off development.
Sounds like a top level conspiracy against the wealth creators in this country. Which team are you playing for these days?
I don't live on the branch anymore, but they're not only cutting their own throats and devaluing their own properties, but my mom's too. They're using the government to protect and further their own interests at everyone else's expense.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

They're using the government to protect and further their own interests at everyone else's expense.
That's how the free market works Jay.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

They're using the government to protect and further their own interests at everyone else's expense.
That's how the free market works Jay.
So dumb
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
In a free market people with money have more power than people without money - who could have foreseen that?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

In a free market people with money have more power than people without money - who could have foreseen that?
Cronyism is not the free market. The second you involve government in the market it stops being free.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Besides which, the train line in question is government owned.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So various groups lobby the government, the outcome did not meet your expectations - sorry, this does sometimes happen with any political system.

What was it you wanted - developers to be able to develop land for profit and people to have cheap houses with convenient - govt funded - mass transportation on the doorstep?

Sounds like one set of people with money and another set of people with money fought it out and one side won - isn't that how the free market is supposed to work?

An alternative -the status quo - is that people can buy whatever land they like, develop it how they like and provide their own transport to wherever they like with no govt involvement at all - you know, Libertarianism in action.

So what was it you were complaining about again? - The govt not laying on cheap transport for your convenience?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

pirana6 wrote:

spent the last two days in bed or hunched over the toilet with either the flu or some mild food poisoning. finally i'm back at work and now my shoulder is in constant pain for no apparent reason.
Could be muscle strain. Go easy on it for awhile (if you can). Light shrugs and careful neck rotation exercises, but don't overwork it or you may sabotage needed collagen deposition. If you haven't yet, consider a doc if it persists.

After being bedridden, it's easy to pull muscles. Ouch.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

So various groups lobby the government, the outcome did not meet your expectations - sorry, this does sometimes happen with any political system.

What was it you wanted - developers to be able to develop land for profit and people to have cheap houses with convenient - govt funded - mass transportation on the doorstep?

Sounds like one set of people with money and another set of people with money fought it out and one side won - isn't that how the free market is supposed to work?

An alternative -the status quo - is that people can buy whatever land they like, develop it how they like and provide their own transport to wherever they like with no govt involvement at all - you know, Libertarianism in action.

So what was it you were complaining about again? - The govt not laying on cheap transport for your convenience?
You've now made three different arguments. Please attempt to be consistent. I ride on a train that was originally built with private money but taken by the state. If you would like, you can see the glowing reviews it receives online. So yes, I ride on a government owned train, just like I drive on government owned roads. So what? Have I ever been an anarchist that rejects the state completely? I pay taxes, I expect minimal services.

Now kindly fuck off. This was never a debate.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
Rich people don't owe you services.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6634|949

just say "Thanks Obama" and move on, Jay.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Thanks Rockefeller
-Frederick Bastiat
MajorSpittle
+7|3093|Oregun
Jay seems pretty sensitive about admitting his dependence on the state to take care of him.

Maybe he needs an Obama car

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard