Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
When my - Irish - technician gets excited he literally starts dancing on the spot.

I C A N T T A K E M U C H M O R E O F T H I S
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England

pirana6 wrote:

Jay wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

mines $220 (per month) and it's one of the cheapest places in western washington. gotta pay to play
That's crazy. It better have a 3000 lb anchor on it
26' long is why
26' isnt even that big. I'd expect to pay that much for a slip, not a mooring.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
my apologies I use slip and mooring interchangeably. i meant slip.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Oh, that makes sense then
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
FWP: I want a boat
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
I usually spend thanksgiving with my parents. But they are going to Florida on thanksgiving and didn't invite me. I don't know where to go or what to do.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6475|6 6 4 oh, I forget

They are afraid of you, since you are becoming a federal agent. They just want to take some distance from you with their secret drug corporation.
MajorSpittle
+7|3093|Oregun
I've worked at the same job for 11 years now with no promotion yet all the people I trained have been promoted and they still come to me asking me how to fix problems and their fuck-ups.  When I took the job I was over qualified and pissed off the lead engineer in my area by pointing out some of the stupid shit he was doing with typical Spittle charm.  He got promoted to head of the division and I have been told he has been stomping on management when I am submitted for advancement even when I have multiple divisional awards.

I am too lazy to change jobs because of the money, job security, ease of my job.  I am on my 3rd year of not submitting input on my review and actively telling people I don't give a fuck when they want me to solve their problems.  Not so surprisingly my last review was only a 2% raise and I was told I am near the top of my pay scale so they can only do so much.

I have heard there are people that like their jobs, and I have had a couple jobs I enjoyed but there isn't shit for security in those positions.

Anyone ever been in a position like this?
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3961|SL,UT

MajorSpittle wrote:

Anyone ever been in a position like this?
yes.
i changed jobs, by applying for similar jobs.
i got a six thousand dollar a year raise, 100% health, better hours, less stress and a shorter commute.

stop bitching and put yourself out there.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.

Steve-0 wrote:

stop bitching and put yourself out there.
Burnzy, if you hadn't noticed, bitching is all people do here. We need to make it the motto of bf2s.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6675|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Bitch, please.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721

Speaking of work issues. I have been with my current job since 2008 and I have been getting wage increases and training and have gotten really good at my job. I have been applying to different jobs while I wait for Customs to get back to me and have gotten some offers.

I applied to work as an Insurance Adjuster for Geico. Sounds like a good job. So they did a phone interview, and then an intelligence test, and then told me I passed both and they would schedule a face to face interview. If you read this far you probably hurt your eyes. The HR lady said that in 7-10 days they will contact me to schedule that interview.

Instead they called today for an interview a day after they contacted me to tell me I passed and not the 7 days like promised. I am not prepared for a next day interview. I am going but do not look forward to this.

What do you think?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
They called you sooner than you prepared because they likely need people and therefor, based on what they know about you so far, want to hire you.

Also, wtf do you keep looking for different jobs for? And why are you going after a job, just because it sounds good? Don't you want to go for a job because it's a career you find interesting and fulfilling? You seem so casual about jobs.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
What is wrong with looking around to see what you can get?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
ultimately nothing, but ideally everyone should be doing a job that they find interesting and to a certain point, fun.
also it doesn't look wonderful to employers to see candidates who completely change careers every few years.
lastly, while you may get pretty good at each of these things, you'll never really be great at them. so when you're 50 you'll make yet another career switch into, say being a chef, but since you didn't start when you were 15-25 like most people you'll always have a low-paying job. essentially you're starting over each time. fine when you're in your mid-20's. not fine (financially) when you're in your mid-50's.

then again, do whatever makes you happy. that's the most important.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
I work on cars for living. Switching to auto insurance adjuster isn't a big switch of careers. It  is still in the larger field of automotives? I don't see it as a major career change since I would be applying and building on the same knowledge base as my current job.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
He's got that white collar job or bust prejudice. Be a steam fitter. Dudes make $350k.
-Frederick Bastiat
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
Yes but don't you talk regularly about becoming a cop or customs agent or border patrol agent?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721

pirana6 wrote:

Yes but don't you talk regularly about becoming a cop or customs agent or border patrol agent?
Yeah, but I am not going to go all in and wait on CBP. At least if that doesn't pan out, I will still have some sort of life forward momentum going.
uziq
+492|3454
why did you get your degree?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
History. I make history everyday
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

I got my degree because I wanted to eventually study International Humanitarian Law.  That didn't quite work out the way I expected.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
After the economy crashed and I couldn't afford NYU, I gave serious consideration to becoming a mortician.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2015-11-18 17:02:10)

MajorSpittle
+7|3093|Oregun
I just went out to my Motorhome because I remembered I had some Whisky out there and discovered that the roof is leaking where the satellite dish is.  It has been raining like a mother fkr the passed 2 weeks here and my RV pad isn't covered.

ffs, now what do I do.  No local covered RV storage available nearby.  Looks like I will have to buy an RV condom for the damn thing just for this winter until I can reseal the whole roof.  There goes $300 of good drinking money.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
*past

Just get a tarp

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard