Pocshy2.0
+23|3371
So you blame De Blasio for more bums, but support him in not taking them off the streets?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Not the mayor's fault that the cops don't want to do their jobs.
How many ways can I tell you that you're stupid before you take the hint?

Bloomberg and Giuliani essentially criminalized being homeless and had them locked up all the time for petty reasons. De Blasio’s administration has reversed these policies, as most sane people don't view homelessness as a crime. Unfortunately, he's done nothing to offset it and they lay around in and about Penn Station like a plague. It's another good intentions zero thought moment brought to us by nyc's best and brightest political minds.
Whatever dude. You aren't as smart as you think you are, John G@lt.

The mayor not supporting the police running roughshod over the homeless is a good thing. Of course more could be done to help them. But people like you would bitch and complain about the cost, and taxes, and inconvenience and million other things the same way you complain about a few tourists.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2015-09-17 11:42:44)

https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

So you blame De Blasio for more bums, but support him in not taking them off the streets?
No, the bums were always around, but hidden. Now they're visible and he hasn't upped the social services required to help them. At least when they were carted off to jail they got a bed and meals.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Pocshy2.0
+23|3371
Hide the bums, got it.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America
Have you tried... killing the poor?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

Hide the bums, got it.
I know Macbeth is your only friend but you really don't need to troll for him. It makes you appear to be as stupid as him. I'm surprised your oversized ego hasn't made that connection.

Anyway, De Blasio had good intentions when he stopped criminalizing homelessness but like with most things with his administration, not a whole lot of thought went into the "ok, what's the next step?" part. If you're going to stop throwing them in jsil you need to increase spending and outreach for public services so we don't have thousands of people visibly suffering on the streets.

They're actually getting less aid now than they were before. That was my point.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Pocshy and I only communicate on here. He seems much more popular than you.

Honestly, you are the only person marine, lowing, Uzi, Dilbert, Turq, GS, and Flaming Maniac all agreed on not liking.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Pocshy and I only communicate on here. He seems much more popular than you.

Honestly, you are the only person marine, lowing, Uzi, Dilbert, Turq, GS, and Flaming Maniac all agreed on not liking.
Aww you're breaking my heart here
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
the sugar will do that
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Pocshy2.0
+23|3371

Jay wrote:

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

Hide the bums, got it.
I know Macbeth is your only friend but you really don't need to troll for him. It makes you appear to be as stupid as him. I'm surprised your oversized ego hasn't made that connection..
Jay, when everyone else is stupid, it's really you.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

Hide the bums, got it.
I know Macbeth is your only friend but you really don't need to troll for him. It makes you appear to be as stupid as him. I'm surprised your oversized ego hasn't made that connection..
So you think de Blasio has done a wonderful job with the homeless issue in nyc?
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
bum fights is the solution to all problems.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Pocshy2.0
+23|3371

Jay wrote:

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Based on my limited knowledge he's at least taken a step in the right direction. Rarely is a solution so effectual that a problem dissolves during the tenure of a single mayor.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6324|Graz, Austria
Randall Winston was the best mayor of NYC.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

Based on my limited knowledge he's at least taken a step in the right direction. Rarely is a solution so effectual that a problem dissolves during the tenure of a single mayor.
Amazing.

You should've ended your statement at "limited knowledge".
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
Isn't removing criminalisation a step towards letting the free market solve the problem?

You like libertarianism and free-market theory - except when it impacts you negatively - then you like big government and social controls.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Isn't removing criminalisation a step towards letting the free market solve the problem?

You like libertarianism and free-market theory - except when it impacts you negatively - then you like big government and social controls.
I'm a libertarian at the national level. I firmly believe that a nation of 320 million people spread across half a continent is ungovernable, and that all power except common defence, and a minimal justice system to settle disagreements between states, should be devolved to the state and local level. This is a local issue.

Have you been inside a homeless shelter? They're not safe. There are constant assaults, rapes and thefts and so people avoid them and sleep on the street instead. On top of this we have severely mentally ill people out on the streets because funding for the mental hospitals was slashed and the patients were released.

Don't tell me shit takes time. His priority was the dubious benefits of universal pre-k and he's diverted billions in funding to have them built expeditiously. Trust me, I know, my office has designed dozens of them in the past year.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Either you're a libertarian or you're not, you can't pick and choose who gets liberty and who doesn't.
Either the theory works or it doesn't. If it doesn't work at the micro level it won't work at the macro level and vice versa.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Either you're a libertarian or you're not, you can't pick and choose who gets liberty and who doesn't.
Either the theory works or it doesn't. If it doesn't work at the micro level it won't work at the macro level and vice versa.
Christ you're obtuse.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Jay isn't a libertarian. He is just selectively selfish. Have you ever heard him advocate for something that didn't implicitly benefit him?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Christ you're obtuse.
No, this is simple stuff, you're simply a self-interested hypocrite.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2015-09-18 17:29:44)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Christ you're obtuse.
No, this is simple stuff, you're simply a self-interested hypocrite.
What are you talking about? I genuinely care about the homeless here and don't want them to suffer. Winter is coming.

Have you ever volunteered in a soup kitchen? I have. I've also built houses with Habitat for Humanity. I know it's not the cool thing to do on this forum, but I care.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
We're talking about political theories, not how you salve your conscience.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
Why does watching a comedy movie by yourself feel like the loneliest thing you can ever do?
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone
Didn't know it did.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard