Pocshy2.0
+23|3377

Dauntless wrote:

Sounds good Pocshy, I don't think they'd be contacting references unless they were about to hire you

I'm thinking of leaving my job, my notice period is 2 months and I'm pretty confident I'd find a new job in that time so I'm considering handing my notice in this week, before I've secured a job.
But maybe my confidence is misplaced and it's a stupid idea...
What's the rush for? Why put in notice before you have another secure job?
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6688|Disaster Free Zone
Because having a 3 or 6 month break between jobs is fucking awesome.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6749|London

Ahh I don't know, I just hate it there now and want to get out as soon as I can. Been saying I'll quit quit for a while but haven't because it's comfortable ya know?

I'm kind of impulsive and maybe I need to do it this way to kick start me into taking a job hunt seriously.
I could definitely survive without a job for a while but not sure how employers view an employment gap on a CV? I suppose I could just say I was 'finding myself' travelling or something. Gap yah.

I updated my CV last week and had two recruiters call me without sending it anywhere, one of them is chasing me as I haven't got back to him on a job he thought I'd be good for so that's a good sign I suppose.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Pocshy2.0
+23|3377
If you're getting recruiter calls I would say any prolonged suffering will be short. My advice would be to suppress your impulses and stick it out for the additional 2-3 weeks on top of the mandatory 2 months.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6688|Disaster Free Zone
No, leave asap. Life is about living and enjoying it, not working.
uziq
+492|3458
i disagree. very hard to enjoy life and that platitudinous advice when employers look at 2-3 month gaps of unemployment on your CV and think you are candidate herpes.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6749|London

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

If you're getting recruiter calls I would say any prolonged suffering will be short. My advice would be to suppress your impulses and stick it out for the additional 2-3 weeks on top of the mandatory 2 months.
You're the level head I need, but not the one I deserve...

My notice letter is all typed up and ready to go but... I think I'll give your suggestion a try because it seems to make a lot more sense than anything I said

Thanks mate x
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6629|Little Bentcock
What do you do Dauntless?
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6749|London

I work in IT / technical development for a 'luxury' fashion brand
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6629|Little Bentcock
Can you make an error in the computer and send me some samples.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6749|London

When we do a sale our prices are often far below cost price so wouldn't even need to make an error but you're like in Australia and stuff

soz m8
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6691|United States of America
Luxury fashion? Do you have any of those mens shirts that are just all about nipple exposure? We'll all use them as BF2s shirts.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3377
Canadian economy is officially in a recession. Fucking great for me while I look for a job. Basically means hiring freezes at governments will almost be a certainty. I'm thinking if I don't get either of the 2 jobs I'm waiting to hear from I'm pretty much drinking from shit creek at this point.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

i heard the water is good though?

Isn't the whole "official notice of recession" just deal with negative growth over a few quarters? I can't recall the specifics and I'm too lazy to look it up, but does the government really take action because of that? I always had in my mind that it's mostly just a harmless (if ominous) term.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3377
So the 'official' definition of a recession in Canada is 2 consecutive quarters of contraction. I say 'official' because with the election going on the Conservative Party is fighting hard to redefine "recession" so as to make their economic record look better.

As for whether different governments will take action based on 'official recession', it depends on how their economy is structured. Pretty much every gov west of Manitoba will be taking action (usually a hiring freeze, sometimes layoffs to boot). If you have anything to do with oil or gas, your ass is grass. Here in Ontario I might not be totally fucked, but the biggest problem I face is that now all of those workers out west will be looking to move east where the grass is ever so slightly greener. It means every job I apply to just doubled their application numbers. It means when I come in with 2-3 years experience, the guys from out west come in with 5+.

I'm looking up recipes for shit sandwiches right now.
uziq
+492|3458
i think you're over-reacting a little bit. the latest economic news doesn't entail a 'shut down everything' approach to recruitment. pretty sure even the public services can look forward with a view for long-term personnel investment.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3377
You're right about the overreaction. It might not be the end of my days. But it also should be noted that Canadian public services are crazy about cutting bloat. We don't value retaining employees for when things improve; we fire bureaucrats the day the news comes out to show that your government is taking every possible action to remain as efficient as possible. Alberta (where the oil and gas are) have been cutting bureaucracies for months now spurred on by the low cost of oil.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3726
Don't listen to these guys.

Panic.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Pocshy2.0
+23|3377

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Don't listen to these guys.

Panic.
Pre-heating the oven for the shit pies as we speak.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

A girl i know is convinced the world is ending on 9/13.  It has to do with the Jewish Shmita and don'cha know, 9/11 terrorist attack and stock market crashes are all based around it so better pack your bags and find Jesus.  She is hypomanic (diagnosed) and stopped taking her normal pills (which i am happy about) and found God as a replacement, but goddamn if she isn't delusional.

Anyway, she told me to cash my 401K, get a bug out bag and head for the hills.  Researching "how to live in a barren post-apocalyptic wasteland" as we speak.  Anyone want to go halfsies on a shipping container we can bury in the desert?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6112|eXtreme to the maX
I'll go halves, I can provide the desert.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5364|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

A girl i know is convinced the world is ending on 9/13.  It has to do with the Jewish Shmita and don'cha know, 9/11 terrorist attack and stock market crashes are all based around it so better pack your bags and find Jesus.  She is hypomanic (diagnosed) and stopped taking her normal pills (which i am happy about) and found God as a replacement, but goddamn if she isn't delusional.

Anyway, she told me to cash my 401K, get a bug out bag and head for the hills.  Researching "how to live in a barren post-apocalyptic wasteland" as we speak.  Anyone want to go halfsies on a shipping container we can bury in the desert?
She'll be an easy lay right now. Go!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5364|London, England
Except dick, crazy etc...
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3726
People in hypomanic episodes have higher sex drives and lower impulse control. So you can definitely sleep with her.

But when you come down from one of those episodes, you are stuck with intense guilt, shame, and regret regarding the things you did or way you treated others. Doubly so if she ends up in a depressive episode instead back on her normal pills.

I would suggest you not screw her. It is like screwing a girl way too drunk to logically consent. Do you really want that on your sub?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

oh i was already screwing her.  She's too fucking crazy.  She's found god so obv. that means she needs to be chaste for the lord to save her when frogs and bats jerusalem bugs start reigning down like a shoop da whoop from God.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard