_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6728|Riva, MD
Weird, people commented on it helping a lot in inclement weather, particularly with going up hills and when paired with snow tires.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5597

I am really not using my three monitor setup to multitask correctly. I forget that they are there 90% of the time.
Brasso
+1,549|6642

Macbeth wrote:

I am really not using my three monitor setup to multitask correctly. I forget that they are there 90% of the time.
are they all horizontal or what?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5992|Toronto

_j5689_ wrote:

Weird, people commented on it helping a lot in inclement weather, particularly with going up hills and when paired with snow tires.
Well, snow tires will make one hell of a difference with or without the LSD.
I like pie.

Macbeth wrote:

Fat people disgust me and America is full of fat people
squishy hug!!
apparently kids are fatter in mexico with 1/3 either obese or otw and diabetes is now the number one killer <could queso be the devil???>

TSI wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Well, snow tires will make one hell of a difference with or without the LSD.
Snow tires, worth it.  Some people change them out seasonally as the snow tires equal less gas mileage.  blizzaks for my ride.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6400
when i think of snow i dont think of blizzaks
see what i did
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5992|Toronto
Yeah, snow tires ftw. My suggestion is to get a full set on winter rims, and swap out when the snow hits.
@Kimmmmm...: they don't necessarily get worse mileage, but they do wear out quicker on tarmac. Cars genrally get worse mileage in the cold, simply because their thermodynamic efficiency decreases.
I like pie.
west-phoenix-az
+632|6400
yeah kimm get your shit together
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6728|Riva, MD

TSI wrote:

Yeah, snow tires ftw. My suggestion is to get a full set on winter rims, and swap out when the snow hits.
@Kimmmmm...: they don't necessarily get worse mileage, but they do wear out quicker on tarmac. Cars genrally get worse mileage in the cold, simply because their thermodynamic efficiency decreases.
Supposedly in Winter, all the stations switch to shittier gas too in most areas but I can't remember why.  I think it was to prevent acid snow, lol

There's Winter rims too?  I was just gonna maybe get some police steelies from the junkyard and run the winter tires on those.  Upon Googling it, they look like the same thing, just a bare solid steel rim that's painted black(to resist rust and probably salt corrosion too).

My mom told me winter tires aren't necessary in this area because we don't get snow a lot(the temps are always there but snow just doesn't happen often) but I told her they're expecting above average precipitation this winter and she also has to drive all over the place for her new job so she's starting to reconsider, lol.  I'm sure they pay for themselves every time you don't drive into a guardrail and total your shit.  Can you just put two of them on the front of a FWD car or does it have to go on all four?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5369|London, England

_j5689_ wrote:

TSI wrote:

Supposedly in Winter, all the stations switch to shittier gas too in most areas but I can't remember why.  I think it was to prevent acid snow, lol

There's Winter rims too?  I was just gonna maybe get some police steelies from the junkyard and run the winter tires on those.  Upon Googling it, they look like the same thing, just a bare solid steel rim that's painted black(to resist rust and probably salt corrosion too).

My mom told me winter tires aren't necessary in this area because we don't get snow a lot(the temps are always there but snow just doesn't happen often) but I told her they're expecting above average precipitation this winter and she also has to drive all over the place for her new job so she's starting to reconsider, lol.  I'm sure they pay for themselves every time you don't drive into a guardrail and total your shit.  Can you just put two of them on the front of a FWD car or does it have to go on all four?
you don't need winter tires.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6511|so randum
if you don't get snow (jnumbers) you don't need winter tyres lmao. if it's just a little dodgy slow down, leave enough space and don't drive like a dick and you won't crash
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
west-phoenix-az
+632|6400

_j5689_ wrote:

I don't put any kind of sauce on anything though, not hotdogs, nuggets, fries, chips, nothing
https://boards.420chan.org/ani/src/1340565601163.gif

Spoiler (highlight to read):
sometimes places charge for "extra" sauce, fwp
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6202|Roma
I thought winter tyres were just better in wet, wintery conditions full stop? Not just for Snow.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
shhhnow
west-phoenix-az
+632|6400
was going to respond to a post, but its been deleted
fwp
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5190|Sydney
I'm not going to get the extra overtime I thought I was because it will be calculated against one of my Sunday shifts I took as an extra shift, which is at 1.9 and overtime is 2.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6728|Riva, MD

FatherTed wrote:

if you don't get snow (jnumbers) you don't need winter tyres lmao. if it's just a little dodgy slow down, leave enough space and don't drive like a dick and you won't crash
When we do get it, it's usually enough to make a difference, that's the thing about it.  Doesn't help things that my car is RWD and front-heavy.  Not that I'm complaning, it's just gonna take some figuring out as a new driver and if needed then assistance never hurts if the price is right

PrivateVendetta wrote:

I thought winter tyres were just better in wet, wintery conditions full stop? Not just for Snow.
That's what I read, somebody on the Crown Vic forums said the rubber is formulated differently for winter tires to purposely not heat up as much as all-seasons so they won't melt snow/ice and make traction worse.

One of the first things I plan to do anyway is complete the set of tires I have now, I have year old BF Goodrich all seasons on the rear and then I still have the awful Walmart Continentals on the front that came on the rear with the car when I bought it(caused me a shitload of trouble when they were installed in the rear) so I'll have nice fresh tires on the back and reasonably new ones on the front.

west-phoenix-az wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

I don't put any kind of sauce on anything though, not hotdogs, nuggets, fries, chips, nothing

Spoiler (highlight to read):
sometimes places charge for "extra" sauce, fwp
My brother tells me I eat "kid-food", I get bland basic stuff that doesn't have a lot of flavor by most people's standards.  That's what I'm comfortable with, there's so much strong-tasting shit that just doesn't taste good like barbecue sauce and ketchup, they're just overwhelmingly strong nasty tastes that overpower whatever they go on.  Maybe it's just an autism thing, some really autistic people actually feel pain when they eat strong-tasting or certain textured foods, for me it's just preference of taste luckily.  One of the exceptions is Old Bay, I can't get enough of that on anything, I can't believe people eat seafood without it in most of the rest of the world.

When I watched that Adam movie, I was laughing my ass off when he opened up a freezer/fridge full of mac n cheese, because I have a whole small cabinet of ~20 ravioli cans that I keep stocked up whenever possible

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-10-16 14:22:45)

west-phoenix-az
+632|6400
do you put mayo or mustard on sandwiches?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6728|Riva, MD
I don't really eat any sandwiches except peanut butter sandwiches.  I keep the mayo when I get McChickens though, it's like my favorite part of it.  All my black friends get it with no mayo and put Mac sauce on it instead, weird but I think I would try it if somebody actually bought me one.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6511|so randum

PrivateVendetta wrote:

yeah, but it sounds like his winters are less extreme than ours and we cope just fine
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6202|Roma
They still recommend winter tyres here, but that might be them trying to sell more tyres.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6728|Riva, MD
In Quebec, it's law that everybody has to have them on between December 15th and March 15th or you get like a $150 ticket or something like that if you're caught without
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6511|so randum

PrivateVendetta wrote:

They still recommend winter tyres here, but that might be them trying to sell more tyres.
pretty sure it is. if you were living in deepest darkest scotland i could maybe get it though
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6727

_j5689_ wrote:

In Quebec, it's law that everybody has to have them on between December 15th and March 15th or you get like a $150 ticket or something like that if you're caught without
Probably because Quebec snows a shit ton.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard