Chardee MacDennis
Green Man
+130|4575|Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Superior Mind wrote:

Chardee MacDennis wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

wtf is the point of this forum?
And how many times have you been perma banned? Why do you bother returning?
once

answer the question

Last edited by Chardee MacDennis (2011-11-26 08:18:55)

What is your Spaghetti Policy Here?

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6714
You're asking me that question? Fuck off.
Chardee MacDennis
Green Man
+130|4575|Always Sunny in Philadelphia
it answers your question.
What is your Spaghetti Policy Here?

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5706|SQUID

Uzique wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

Uzique wrote:

there's a generic, all applicable fps skill, sure. the ability to point and click at things - basic hand-eye coordination. that's about all the 'skill' you need. movement nuances in this game are non-existent, and individual guns and weapons have no subtlety or learning curve whatsoever. the only skill you need is the skill that 90% of pc gamers already have from previous fps games.
To me, I play the game mostly to see how many kills I can get before dying. Thats my macro game, the micro is the little things, what guns to use, how to use them etc. I think the real skill is judging the map flow, opponents, your strengths vs their weaknesses. In BF3 these parameters are seriously flawed. There are too many supremely powerful weapons and vehicles available, combined with poor map design and basic strategy, you can dominate using very base skills and tactics. Sadly this game rewards simply camping at choke points using weapons with little to no actual skill to use. In BF2 it was a magical combination of actual playing skill using movement, experience with weapons, map knowledge and teamwork. BF3 decided to move away from that and throw megapoints and awards at you for doing unremarkable things. My style of play was a challenge in BF2, and was rewarding. Now it's dissapointing how easy it is to rack up huge scores and KDR while really doing nothing noteworthy. The only skill in this game is trying to make it just a tad as exciting as playing BF2 was.
it's the exact same experience for me. as for the 'macro' games... this sort of cognitive ability when it comes to spatial awareness and multi-levelled task processing (which is genuinely what neuro-scientists and researchers into games call it) is something that becomes second nature after a very short while. anyone that has played battlefield 2 for 100 hours can manage just fine with mentally figuring out which flags to go to, or where to run/flank/avoid on the map according to the likely distribution of players. this sort of macro is literally no hard work at all for a seasoned fps player: it's the battlefield modern day equivalent of knowing where the health and armor and weapon spawns are (and their timers) in quake-era games. nothing has changed there - especially the demands. it's much easier, in fact.

micro game has no finesse, as we have already established.

so therefore for me an average round consists in either a) using kits i know are rape to get the most lulzy high-score possible (and almost always 90% of the time coming top as mvp, with little satisfaction or real sense of achievement) or, conversely, the b) option of using a retarded kit that is more 'purist' and 'old school' but technically puts me at a huge handicap, for the sense of artificially-created 'challenge'. this option normally becomes very frustrating and sometimes downright unenjoyable when you have an entire enemy team stacking night-vision and f2000/suppressor combos. there's no point.
I guess that shoud've been put as the micro game, but we already know that. I think a better example is this:

When I get a silly KDR using OP weapons and tonkatuff level tactics in this game I laugh, because it's so stupid this game exists as a claimant to BF2. In BF2 when you did well against good opponents (high level clan players/known good players) you would note that and be proud (this sound's nerdy but it's true), and you know, you would obviosuly jerk off to the BR.
Roc18
`
+655|5812|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Alot of this shit like 3d spotting, Retarded unlocks, health regen need to go  for this game to have any type of decent skill curve. + Better map design so I'm not playing in a tunnel half the time (Davamand, Metro for example)
Roc18
`
+655|5812|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

gurdeep wrote:

is there any way at all to be pr0 in the chopper these days? like can a good crew go FLAWLESS VICTORY?
Yes, the helicopters are much more effective than in BC2. 50cals on tanks dont do shit against them anymore for one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard