FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6404|'Murka

Wondering if we can implement a "Response Via E-mail" capability. Other boards I'm a member of do it, not sure how difficult/possible it is to do with our set up here. Essentially, if you're set up to receive an e-mail when there's a reply to a given thread, you not only get the content of the reply, you can also post a reply to the thread by simply replying to the e-mail.

Could limit a user to a certain number of threads that can be followed in this way, if volume is a problem, I would think.

Some networks block our lovely forums, but leave webmail open...do the math.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6730|Oxferd Ohire
sooo. like subscription 2.0
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6279|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Ugh I always hated forums that spam my e-mail inbox...

As long as it's optional I have no problem with it......
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6730|Oxferd Ohire
subscriptions are optional..
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6404|'Murka

RTHKI wrote:

sooo. like subscription 2.0
Yep. Next step. You don't just get a notice that "X has replied to thread Y" via e-mail. You get the notice, and it includes the content of the reply. Plus, when you reply to the e-mail, it posts the reply to the thread.

Maybe more like subscription 3.0
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

That's a good idea, but a massive PITA to do.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard