do you use the radio beacon?

for camping10%10% - 2
I'm one of those retards putting my beacon in mainbase5%5% - 1
I use it to help my squad and team advance and flank80%80% - 16
no5%5% - 1
Total: 20
thepilot91
+64|6238|Åland!
and if you do : how do you use it , as far as I've seen , everyone who uses the beacon either places in the maibase so the other players can listen to the radio ... or they use it at their sniping spot to be able to respawn there.

yes I do also use the beacon for camping, but mostly for advancing , I find it a huge advantage to be able to but down a spawnpoint hidden behind enemy lines go knife a sniper or to and then mow down people , and being able to take flags/m-coms "by surprise".

opinions
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5686|SQUID
I always put it up close to an objective for my squad, or in/near/behind their spawn on rush, it's really very useful. I try and pick a place that lets me stay in a good area and gives squadmates a nice position to start off. It's really powerful as defender on Metro especially.
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5955
Have been using that thing a lot recently. Fuck the sniper rifles, get the UMP45, sneak behind the enemy and plant it down - it's a game winning bit of kit.

On Metro (depending which team) at the start of the game either run as far as you can into the enemy's first flag and plant it. Then wait for them to capture one further up and simply catch them as they run to it.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6695
camping and mainbase
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6407|Earth
I pretty much only use it on Metro to put under the second set of escalators under the B flag just so I can keep running up from behind and killing the eight people who are sitting there staring at the first set of escalators.
Signature
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5955

pyscofrawg wrote:

I pretty much only use it on Metro to put under the second set of escalators under the B flag just so I can keep running up from behind and killing the eight people who are sitting there staring at the first set of escalators.
This.
thepilot91
+64|6238|Åland!

pyscofrawg wrote:

as russia I love getting one as far as russia can go towards US spawn (assuming they have atleast platform) , and then go support with some c4s
Roc18
`
+655|5793|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
>playing recon
thepilot91
+64|6238|Åland!

thepilot91 wrote:

pyscofrawg wrote:

as russia I love getting one as far as russia can go towards US spawn (assuming they have atleast platform) , and then go support with some c4s
like:

(not metro...but still)
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6579|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Either i use it for me and my squad, or i setup in a sneaky place and claim some dogtags over and over and over.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6716|US
I don't usually play recon, but when I do it is usually to get a spawn closer to the enemy flags (flanking preferably)
BVC
+325|6697
I place it in a spot close-ish to an objective regardless of whether I'm sniping or grunting (go go UMP45 recon!).

I try to open up another flank for my team if possible, and try to hide it so that people around the enemy objective don't have a line of sight to it, to protect both the spawners and the equipment.

If I see enemy beacons (or other equipment) I destroy it straight away rather than camping it.  I play for wins not kills.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

Pubic wrote:

I place it in a spot close-ish to an objective regardless of whether I'm sniping or grunting (go go UMP45 recon!).

I try to open up another flank for my team if possible, and try to hide it so that people around the enemy objective don't have a line of sight to it, to protect both the spawners and the equipment.

If I see enemy beacons (or other equipment) I destroy it straight away rather than camping it.  I play for wins not kills.
Reducing enemy tickets by killing beacon spawners contributes more to the whole winning thing than shooting it.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
Especially as defender on rush.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard