GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5953|CA
I've got to go, guys, but I appreciate all your thoughts on the subject.

Thank you.

Somebody close this shit down.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6559|Long Island, New York

GravyDan wrote:

I've done quite a bit of hiking Poseidon, and it really does have that "detached from your problems" feel.  I appreciate your kind words and your advice.  Miami really isn't that great anyhow, unless you like hot chicks, sunny days and good times.
I'd do more myself, but Long Island's biggest mountain is akin to a hill When I'm in Albany I'm definitely going to hike the Adirondacks though. And @ Miami - I would've loved to go there, but honestly I just looked at the situation and I'm taking advantage of the situation I'm in.

I'm trying not to make this about myself as much as possible, it's just I know exactly how you're feeling. I had chronic depression for... I guess around 7 years? When I got over it last time, that was indeed the last time. I didn't need pills to do it. I get that some people do, but I'm not going to go make myself sound like a Pfizer rep and tell you that you need to shove pills down your throat to feel better when, based on what you've said and my own personal experience, it's not really necessary. I took Wellbutrin for extreme anxieties in 10th grade, and even that didn't work.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6653|949

i know that feel, br0

When you are doing anything other than something you actually enjoy, you're miserable, almost like you're wasting your life doing bullshit that in the grand scheme of things mean absolutely fuckall.  It's a fleeting thought, something you think about sometimes but doesn't consume you.  I think it's the same catalyst that causes mid-life crises in older folk...like, "what the fuck am I doing with my life", without the actual depression and misery that you'd have if you truly were a bum on skid row begging hurricane for a cheesburger in exchange for a blowjob
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6680|BC, Canada
Are you at a spot in your life where you coyld take a leave of absense and just dissapear for a bit? Just get away from everything that makes you, you for a bit?

If not, a hobby, like the others said. I find stuff like building nice computers, working on my mountian bike or car to be great for my mental state. Just creating something of quality feels good to me.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5953|CA
I would blow Hurricane for a cheeseburger regardless.  And I don't eat cheeseburgers.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6307|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

GravyDan wrote:

I used to laugh and laugh every time I saw a six year old, no armed diamond miner.  Now I can barely manage a chuckle.
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6793|PNW

Macbeth wrote:

To be honest, it sounds like a 'chemical imbalance' (god I hate that term). If you can't pin down why you hate your life it's probably some biological reason. Don't listen to people on the internet who tell you to go get hobbies and crap. That won't work. See a doctor, seriously.
Chemical imbalance and psychology go hand in hand. By adopting new behavior, you alter your brain chemistry. Finding things that keep you busy and interested is extremely important if you think you're fighting depression. If it can be fixed without drugs, why not?

Depends on the level of depression, though. Advanced enough and someone should see a psychologist. Difficult to tell from looking at text on the internet, but I'd be curious to know if the OP's friends have noticed anything.

e:

Somebody close this shit down.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard