Tripulaci0n
+14|6153
Hi All

I recently unlocked the smoke grenades for the n00b tube and I must say, they have more or less completely replaced any other under barrel attachment for me.

They provide some very thick cover that the IRNV scopes can't even see through and you get 4 or 5 of them to start. More than enough to lay down a wall of smoke to cover a bomb plant on Rush, for example.

Hope to get some kind of discussion going about the smoke grenades, share some tactics, etc.

Anyone else use these bad boys?
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6657|The darkside of Denver
I havent got them yet.  But they were under utilized in BC2, they're great for covering offensive maneuvers.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6688|Devon, England
Wait wait wait.

What? These exist?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6664

Mortar smokes are easier to use.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5750|Roma

Tripulaci0n wrote:

Hi All

I recently unlocked the smoke grenades for the n00b tube and I must say, they have more or less completely replaced any other under barrel attachment for me.

They provide some very thick cover that the IRNV scopes can't even see through and you get 4 or 5 of them to start. More than enough to lay down a wall of smoke to cover a bomb plant on Rush, for example.

Hope to get some kind of discussion going about the smoke grenades, share some tactics, etc.

Anyone else use these bad boys?
I use them everytime in metro or any city rush maps.
Ask other 1-2 guys to get smoke nades, cover the place with smoke rush in, arm the mcom and ask the engineers to start firing rpgs through the smoke.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6524|London (At Heart)

Yeah they are pretty awesome, I haven't used them myself but I've got some friends that do when we team up. Very very very effective
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6620|Little Bentcock
I use the smoke mortars
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5951
I'd love to see an entire team with smoke nade launchers. Would look pretty epic from the sky.

I'm glad they've used the BC2 smoke model as opposed to the BF2 one. I remember chucking them as assault on BF2 and they were practically useless. If i remember rightly it was a tiny cloud of see through smoke that lasted around 5 seconds....
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
How do u unlock dis smoke?
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5951

Superior Mind wrote:

Assault + n00b tube. You'll eventually unlock the smokes
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5681|SQUID
Great in BC2, when used right, or just covering your  "teammates" in smoke :]
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England

The A W S M F O X wrote:

Was always fun killing people with smoke grenades

Last edited by Jay (2011-11-10 10:27:20)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Tripulaci0n
+14|6153

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Assault + n00b tube. You'll eventually unlock the smokes
I have like MAYBE 20 kills with the tube, probably less I dont use it very often. It's one of, if not the first unlocks you get for it
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5681|SQUID

Jay wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

Was always fun killing people with smoke grenades
Those things were deadly, on Arica harbour inthe city I was firing them off into the US spawn, randomly got a headshot through the smoke with one :]
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6340
Good to annoy useless snipers camping in your base too.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6511|AUS
The smoke grenades are an effective way to break a deadlock on metro conquest over the ticket booth flag (which happens a fair bit).
Get your squad ready and fire the nades about 20-30 feet in front of you and charge through the chokepoints while continuing to rapid-fire the smoke rounds just in front of you to maintain cover.

I never bothered to unlock the underbarrel launcher ('cause it's a friggin' noob tube) but once I got sick of getting blocked out on metro it was a more worthwhile unlock as it has it's use on that map in particular due to the all too common deadlocks on the stairs at the side of the ticket flag.

It's also a handy way of pushing players into the alley flag on bazaar.

Sisco wrote:

Good to annoy useless snipers camping in your base too.
Oh so very true.......
The can't sit back and snipe if they can't see shit all.

Last edited by (27th)Kaptyn (2011-11-11 11:12:05)

JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6539|Sammamish, WA
Smoke grenades have always been one of the most under-used weapons...so fantastic for breaking up line of sight. Think of their great uses while trying to breach past the ticket counter in Metro.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6789|Jupiter
I used them in the beta for Rush matches on Metro, very effective for advancing or even defending if needed. Enemy plants bomb you smoke and run in and defuse.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England
They should make it last a few seconds longer but it's still good, I felt like a twat having to noob tube so many poor fools just to unlock it though.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5471|Ventura, California
I plan on using them as 1-hit-kill weapons once I get the XIM3 for a M&K.

I often sat afar off and fired smoke grenades to cover my team on Rush. Was awesome.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard