FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Yeah cars handled very well in GTA IV

I don't really want a 1st person perspective, always use 3rd person because it gives the best overview and precision...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD

RTHKI wrote:

cars were fine in 4.
A lot of people don't like the added realism related to drifting in GTA IV, it's so much harder to successfully do for most people

RTHKI wrote:

i want an in car view. any besides 3rd person in the other games was shit
It would be nice to have a real 'behind the steering wheel' view if only just to have that option since there's so many other useless camera types, I think the closest you could get was like a dashcam in GTA IV.  But in a game like this, 3rd person really does work the best
Stimey
­
+786|6112|Ontario | Canada
Yea I like behind the wheel views.

I played through the entirety of Driver SF behind the wheel.

Might not work so well for chase missions etc where you have to shoot but would definitely be cool to have for cruising.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6623|New Hampshire, USA
i thought thebaircraft mechanics in san andreas was done very well for a game where they were just a side addition.  The variety, the multiple airports, and especially the skydiving mechanics made it for a very good addition
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York

_j5689_ wrote:

According to the GTA Wiki, not sure if all of it's true, but I'd guess it's what they pulled from the trailer:

"GTA V will includes dogs, planes, airships/blimps, jet-skis, mountainous countryside, convertible cars, mines and wind turbines."

Not happy about the dogs part, it's more realistic but I've always hated having to kill dogs in games, not only because they were hard to aim at but because it just felt morally wrong.

Planes, yay for effect?  Honestly I never really cared too much for planes except they made it faster to get around, which kind of dulled the feeling of the world being large to me in San Andreas, I didn't really like that.

Airships/blimps will fuckin cool I'm sure, it moves slow in the air so it has to have some kind of interesting purpose.

Jetskiis: Finally can move around faster than the speed of smell in water again

Mountainous terrain is gonna make for really interesting gunfights

By convertible cars they must mean cars that actually can be converted instead of just staying soft-topped or top-down all the time.

Mines in GTA must mean claymore spam, lol

Wind turbines are a feature?  I'm sure they'll add something to doing aerial stunts at least but I wouldn't call it a feature, lol
You could kill like 20+ animals in RDR... I love dogs as much as the next person, I just don't really think it's that big of a deal considering you could kill and skin horses as well in RDR.

Stimey wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Release on fifteen DVD's.
I don't think Rockstar likes having to do multi-disc releases, supposedly they had to dumb down GTA IV when they realized they would've had to have multiple discs on the 360
LA noire was 3 360 discs...
Different developer, and different play style. LA Noire had an overall plotline, but was broken up into cases. 3 discs for a game like that was fine.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6652|The darkside of Denver

Poseidon wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

According to the GTA Wiki, not sure if all of it's true, but I'd guess it's what they pulled from the trailer:

"GTA V will includes dogs, planes, airships/blimps, jet-skis, mountainous countryside, convertible cars, mines and wind turbines."

Not happy about the dogs part, it's more realistic but I've always hated having to kill dogs in games, not only because they were hard to aim at but because it just felt morally wrong.

Planes, yay for effect?  Honestly I never really cared too much for planes except they made it faster to get around, which kind of dulled the feeling of the world being large to me in San Andreas, I didn't really like that.

Airships/blimps will fuckin cool I'm sure, it moves slow in the air so it has to have some kind of interesting purpose.

By convertible cars they must mean cars that actually can be converted instead of just staying soft-topped or top-down all the time.

Wind turbines are a feature?  I'm sure they'll add something to doing aerial stunts at least but I wouldn't call it a feature, lol
You could kill like 20+ animals in RDR... I love dogs as much as the next person, I just don't really think it's that big of a deal considering you could kill and skin horses as well in RDR.

Stimey wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

I don't think Rockstar likes having to do multi-disc releases, supposedly they had to dumb down GTA IV when they realized they would've had to have multiple discs on the 360
Different developer, and different play style. LA Noire had an overall plotline, but was broken up into cases. 3 discs for a game like that was fine.
Digital Download only.  You read it here first.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD

Stimey wrote:

Yea I like behind the wheel views.

I played through the entirety of Driver SF behind the wheel.

Might not work so well for chase missions etc where you have to shoot but would definitely be cool to have for cruising.
I think the biggest thing with a behind the wheel cam is how you do it.  It's so much more realistic in a hindering way, the way that you have blindspots and everything, that it's just not feasible as the primary view.  But if they worked on it a bit and added things like being able to look around to see things around you and making the three crucial mirrors functional and maybe even sharpening up the interior textures to match everything else in the game, you're right it would make a nice cruising view
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York
I also think the main character will almost definitely be the older guy. I don't think it's Tommy Vercetti as he was born in '51, so having a 62 year old main character probably isn't the idea Rockstar is going for. It could be Claude, although I doubt it. He was a silent protagonist in GTA III, it'd be a pretty radical shift to suddenly have him full of dialogue.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD

Eagle wrote:

i thought thebaircraft mechanics in san andreas was done very well for a game where they were just a side addition.  The variety, the multiple airports, and especially the skydiving mechanics made it for a very good addition
I don't think aircraft was just a side addition in San Andreas, you had to complete flying school just to progress the story and many missions after that still required you to be a pretty skilled pilot.

Maybe in previous games it could've been considered a side addition but I think it was definitely a core feature of San Andreas

SonderKommando wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Digital Download only.  You read it here first.
lol, I wouldn't be complaining, I love Steam.  I've never digitally downloaded any entire XBox/360 games on the 360 but I never hear anybody bitching about it so it's fine as long as you got the hard drive space, and I do.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5781|Catherine Black
Graphics look fucking awful, a la GTAIV.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FloppY_
­

Finray wrote:

I doubt we are looking at the finished result this early Finray
Some of the cars in the trailer have even been copied directly from GTA IV

It doesn't look that bad either tbh, colours are clearer and it isn't as brown'n'bloom as GTA IV
If you must blame someone blame the ageing consoles the game is being developed for and then ported to PC...
SonderKommando

Finray wrote:

you're fucking retarded sometimes. Camm needs to slap you up a little.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

SonderKommando wrote:

Finray wrote:

Care to expand on that instead of just blind flaming?
Stimey
­
How are GTA4's graphics bad?
­
­
­
­
­
­
FloppY_
­
On lowest settings maybe
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6561|Mountains of NC

FloppY_ wrote:

On Scot settings maybe
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
SonderKommando

Finray wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Finray wrote:

Saying the graphics are bad (although its an opinion) comes across as ridiculous considering the scope in which the engine is rendering the visuals.  It just makes you look silly IMO.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

I still haven't finished IV, and I've had it for some time. It's so bland and boring and repetitive. I hope GTA V brings back the style, hilarity, and just-over-the-top-ness of San Andreas.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria

menzo wrote:

i love how the colour is not grey
And not cyan/yellow either.

menzo wrote:

classic GTA
I love that humor.

_j5689_ wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

So you have no moral issues with killing human beings? lolk
I don't really feel like arguing about this again so I'm just gonna say yes
I relentlessly kill everything that stands between me and my safehouse.

FloppY_ wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Yeah all that stuff is in the trailer.

I like Jets. They do make the world feel smaller, but they're also a lot of fun to fly.
I liked the P51-Mustang inspired prop-fighter in San Andreas, it was awesome to zoom around in...
My all-time favorite aircraft is the Sea Sparrow (amphibious helicopter) from GTA VC/SA.
It has a machine gun built in and I always felt like Magnum P.I. when flying it.

FloppY_
­
I have no doubt there will be Bigfoot and "FOLLOW THE DAMN TRAIN CJ" easter eggs in the game....
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

How come the trailer reminded me of The Sims...?
FloppY_
­

Ryan wrote:

How come the trailer reminded me of The Sims...?
Because it had colours?

Not too many tripple-A titles have that feature these days

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-02 13:29:26)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
because its not showing explosions and blood everywhere
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

SonderKommando wrote:

Finray wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Saying the graphics are bad (although its an opinion) comes across as ridiculous considering the scope in which the engine is rendering the visuals.  It just makes you look silly IMO.
It's on the same engine as GTAIV.

FloppY_ wrote:

On lowest settings maybe
Even on max settings it still looked awful.
Stimey
­
­
­
­
­
­
­

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard