FloppY_
­
+1,010|6293|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

west-phoenix-az wrote:

do it

They'll probably recycle the Humvee from GTA IV, hope not though, your suggestion looks much cooler...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6396

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2011-11-07 12:53:47)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
FloppY_
­
Amazing, it takes down bad guys just by standing there

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-07 12:55:59)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

FloppY_ wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

I hope they put in a civilian/retired police interceptor version of the Crown Victoria since I have one in RL, they'd probably call it the King Henry or some other British king name like Edward or James
So far all 3D GTAs except VC have had some form of Crown Victoria clone as the default Taxi & Police interceptor, GTA IV had two versions, the impala and the Crown Vic. It was also available as a civilian car in GTA SA called "Premier"...

GTA III

GTA SA

GTA IV

I don't see a reason to change the tradition unless they decide to go for those modern concepts recently introduced or the impala from GTA IV...
Well, judging by the trailer they're sticking with copying the Crown Vics as the Ford(Vapid in GTA) cop car of choice rather than the new "Taurusceptor" that's replacing it now.

I'd just like a real civilian model with civilian colors and everything, not with all the taxi crap on it.  As it is in GTA IV, the closest you can get is the Washington which is a copy of the Lincoln Town Car, which is the same platform as a Crown Vic but I'm a picky motherfucker

There was already a civilian version and taxi version of the Impala in the game too.  And hopefully they stick with the same look for those in GTA V, it looked like a nice cross between the last three generations of Impala.

It's interesting because the Police Cruiser in the game really does feel a lot like my Crown Vic does in real life, they did a good job on it.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-11-07 13:03:31)

FloppY_
­

_j5689_ wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

I hope they put in a civilian/retired police interceptor version of the Crown Victoria since I have one in RL, they'd probably call it the King Henry or some other British king name like Edward or James
So far all 3D GTAs except VC have had some form of Crown Victoria clone as the default Taxi & Police interceptor, GTA IV had two versions, the impala and the Crown Vic. It was also available as a civilian car in GTA SA called "Premier"...

GTA III

GTA SA

GTA IV

I don't see a reason to change the tradition unless they decide to go for those modern concepts recently introduced or the impala from GTA IV...
Well, judging by the trailer they're sticking with copying the Crown Vics as the Ford(Vapid in GTA) cop car of choice rather than the new "Taurusceptor" that's replacing it now.

I'd just like a real civilian model with civilian colors and everything, not with all the taxi crap on it.  As it is in GTA IV, the closest you can get is the Washington which is a copy of the Lincoln Town Car, which is the same platform as a Crown Vic but I'm a picky motherfucker

There was already a civilian version and taxi version of the Impala in the game too.  And hopefully they stick with the same look for those in GTA V, it looked like a nice cross between the last three generations of Impala.

It's interesting because the Police Cruiser in the game really does feel a lot like my Crown Vic does in real life, they did a good job on it.
I always loved the Crown Vic. clones in GTA because they do J-turns and other "stunts" like champs

Crown Vics are a little cool imo, but I wouldn't like to own one in real-life though, especially not one that has been a Police or Taxi service vehicle...
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

FloppY_ wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

GTA III

GTA SA

GTA IV

I always loved the Crown Vic. clones in GTA because they do J-turns and other "stunts" like champs

Crown Vics are a little cool imo, but I wouldn't like to own one in real-life though, especially not one that has been a Police or Taxi service vehicle...
Fortunately mine wasn't either of those, it's an LX model with all the features you could get on an 02:

https://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/166181_1446763863705_1671420013_882395_639032_n.jpg

I test drove a few ex-Police Interceptors when I was looking for a Crown Vic but unless you get a retired detective vehicle, they have no features and the suspension and seating upholstery are worn to hell and there's always a shitload of stuff in the back that doesn't work right or is missing from trying to convert the door locks to work from the inside and upgrading the seats from just being a large puke sponge to better leather or cloth ones that match the front seats and actually have seatbelts.
FloppY_
­

_j5689_ wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Fortunately mine wasn't either of those, it's an LX model with all the features you could get on an 02:

I test drove a few ex-Police Interceptors when I was looking for a Crown Vic but unless you get a retired detective vehicle, they have no features and the suspension and seating upholstery are worn to hell and there's always a shitload of stuff in the back that doesn't work right or is missing from trying to convert the door locks to work from the inside and upgrading the seats from just being a large puke sponge to better leather or cloth ones that match the front seats and actually have seatbelts.
Paint the grill black, install aftermarket foglamps behind it, put on some black industrial wheels and put a bar on the front, instant nice driving from everyone around you

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-07 13:29:16)

west-phoenix-az
+632|6396
You need to install the spot lights and mount a laptop on the dash

FloppY_ wrote:

Paint the grill black, install aftermarket foglamps behind it and put a bar on the front, instant nice driving from everyone around you
black out the wheels too

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2011-11-07 13:26:47)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
FloppY_
­

west-phoenix-az wrote:

mount a laptop on the dash
Is that seriously legal in the US

Any navigation units and big-screen head-units capable of video-playback must have a failsafe installed that disables the "cinema" features while the vehicle is driving or it's illegal and an instant MOT failure here....
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD
Who says I need any of those to have fun with it?

I just move into the empty lane and speed up ~10 MPH and then watch everybody behind me get way smaller in the rearview as they all immediately start doing the speed limit while I'm doing around 10-15 over.  It never gets old

FloppY_ wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

mount a laptop on the dash
Is that seriously legal in the US

Any navigation units and big-screen head-units capable of video-playback must have a failsafe installed that disables the "cinema" features while the vehicle is driving or it's illegal and an instant MOT failure here....
That's the same over here, all the in-dash DVD systems require you to install a wire to your parking brake to make sure the parking brake is on when you try to use the DVD function.

Most people always mount it to a grounding switch or to the car itself though so the ground can either be flipped on and off or it's always grounded since any ground at all is all the need(same way parking brakes work).  Plus many units have hidden menus where you can override the parking brake feature

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-11-07 13:42:13)

west-phoenix-az
+632|6396
be a lot cooler if you did
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

west-phoenix-az wrote:

be a lot cooler if you did
No way, I always get pissed when I see other people that have an LX model that they installed spotlights and other silly police crap onto.  They never do a good job installing the shit either, there's always a mess of tape on it, or it's made out of cheap shitty metal/plastic, or it's mounted way too high up, not to mention Crown Vics actually don't even come pre-wired or pre-"holed" for the spotlight.  On Police Interceptors, they are 3rd party installed after being bought from Ford, same with light bars, radio equipment and dividers.

A person would have to manually cut up the perfectly good A-column and install the light(harder than it sounds from what I've read), seal it all up, and then run wiring for it(or not even, just have a useless ugly spotlight sitting there).  Unfortunately a lot of people do just that on the Crown Vic forums, they should've just gotten a damn Police Interceptor instead of modifying an LX which is a rarer car that was intended for a more classy kind of look.  I would hate having that dumbass spotlight sticking out into my space(although there is plenty of space ) or out of my car.  I would've just removed it if I'd actually bought a P71 that had it

The honeycomb grill I can still appreciate though, since it does look pretty badass and it allows more air to cool the engine and power it with and it's a bolt-on swap, same with putting a ram bar on I think, it uses longer bolts to the frame or something like that.  My biggest qualms are with the stupid light as you can see, lol

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-11-07 14:58:14)

TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5912|CA
There was a mod for GTA IV PC that converted the Police Cruiser (Crown Vic model) into a civilian car, except I can't seem to find it.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York
The Crown Vic is no longer being made, so I dunno if you'd see it in civvy form in GTAV. Not that older cars just suddenly disappear

I think the LAPD uses the Charger, Impala and Caprice as their main vehicles. Probably still use Crown Vics too but I'd assume they're phasing them out.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

Poseidon wrote:

The Crown Vic is no longer being made, so I dunno if you'd see it in civvy form in GTAV. Not that older cars just suddenly disappear

I think the LAPD uses the Charger, Impala and Caprice as their main vehicles. Probably still use Crown Vics too but I'd assume they're phasing them out.
Yep, last Crown Vic(read Real American Car) ever to roll off the assembly line at the St. Thomas plant on 9/15/11, exported to fuckin Saudi Arabia:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/db/Lastcrownvic.jpg

I think it still makes sense to have them in Civilian form in GTA V, especially since that means there would be more retired Police Interceptors floating around.  And not so many departments are quick to phase out the Crown Vic, they're very easy to maintain for several reasons I won't bother to get into but there's more than a few of them for the Crown Vic to make up ~70% of the Police fleets in America and 60% of the taxi fleet in New York City.  Some guy in NYC has a lot FULL of brand new taxi-spec Crown Victorias just so people won't have to switch to the new shitty Nissan thing any time soon if they don't want to.  And pardon my Aspergian tangents, I just love this fucking car

Btw, here's an LAPD CVPI:

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3554/3397288283_e9ddb88b96_o.jpg

Tell me that's not the most policiest looking police car you've ever seen, lmao

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-11-07 16:47:27)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6749|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

I still think you should have bought that impala.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
FloppY_
­

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I still think you should have bought that impala.
https://image.hotrod.com/f/9022913/2007_hot_rod_power_tour_day_4_pictures_31_z+1967_impala+side_view.jpg
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6748|OctoLand
Holy Fucking Shit I Only Just Found Out About This

Where?
When?
Why?

Fuckkkkkkkk Yes
I know fucking karate
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6748|OctoLand
OH MY FUCK. LOOKS AMAZING

Looks like they actually listened to the feedback from GTA IV

OHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY
I know fucking karate
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6748|OctoLand
How long do I have to wait for this? fukkkk
I know fucking karate
FloppY_
­
Pr­olly holiday 2012

October 27th is a possible option since that's the 10th anniversary of Vice City... but noone knows...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-07 18:00:55)

Reciprocity
+721|6588|the dank(super) side of Oregon
an entire fucking page about fucking crown vics?  heaps of shit.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6748|OctoLand

FloppY_ wrote:

Pr­olly holiday 2012

October 27th is a possible option since that's the 10th anniversary of Vice City... but noone knows...
But from the trailer it looks almost ready

1 year, fuck that....If they wanted the big bucks they should have targeted xmas this year...SO ...LONG...TO...WAIT.
I know fucking karate
FloppY_
­

justice wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Pr­olly holiday 2012

1 year, fuck that....If they wanted the big bucks they should have targeted xmas this year...SO ...LONG...TO...WAIT.
The trailer features cars that are copied directly from GTA IV, I sure hope they freshen them up if they insist on recycling

Besides, doubt we saw even a 10th of the entire playable area in the trailer...

Patience, young one...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York

justice wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Pr­olly holiday 2012

It sounds like they were just polishing it up/adding small parts like mini-games and things from this article, so I don't think an April/May 2012 release would be completely surprising. But knowing Rockstar North, they want it completely refined by the time it's released. Holiday 2012 seems more likely.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard