bennisboy
+829|6647|Poundland
Lol at finny saying crysis didn't need a powerful pc to run when it came out
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black

bennisboy wrote:

Lol at finny saying crysis didn't need a powerful pc to run when it came out
I never mentioned when it came out at all. I was comparing the two games. Crysis needs nothing compared to what GTA:IV needs.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.
ill be getting a ps3 for it, its really a console game.
Stimey
­
+786|6120|Ontario | Canada
­
­
­
­
­
­
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

jord wrote:

ill be getting a ps3 for it, its really a console game.
yeah, tru dat
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

Stimey wrote:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/3553/article/rumor-exclusive-gta-5-info-leaked-by-rogue-games-journalist/
Rockstar have included many, many more interior locations such as a shopping mall, college campus, police station, a huge hospital and there is also a vast underground sewer network which one mission later in the game involves a jet ski chase that culminates in a Fugitive-esque waterfall jump ( there are nods to the ridiculous but awesome Ballad Of Gay Tony missions)
Good. Huge disappointment in GTA IV when a city based on Manhattan only had clothing stores, restaurants, one hospital and very few other locations as interiors.

Cars can be upgraded/repaired and it has been considered to have a car have fuel forcing the player to fill her up.
Might get annoying, but people said the same about tolls in GTA IV. They weren't that bad.

2: The dating aspect of the game is gone. You still have a cell-phone but only people you will meet in the game will call you to ask you to do a mission or to ask you to do something else before the mission.
Thank fucking god. So useless in GTA IV.

4: it is possible to rupture a fuel line and if you shot at the trail of gasoline it will lead straight back to the car blowing it up.

mini games such as bowling, darts, etc have all gone. You can play basketball, weight train, arm wrestle, gamble and cage fight, enter triatholons, water races, cannoing, ab-saling, rock climbing, base jumping, ski diving. More to be confirmed.
Good.

10: The cops are much, much, much more realistic. If you kill somebody when you know there are no cops around you will not run the risk of a one star as often as you would in GTA4. The cops will use smoke and tear gas, dogs, riot gear and rams to knock down the doors of buildings you are hiding in.
YAY

12: You become better at things as the game progresses. If you only ride motorbikes then you will increase your skills, same as individual weapons
Loved that in GTA SA. Glad it's back.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
1: Glad the experience they obtained over the years has allowed them to be able to fully take advantage of console hardware and allow them to make the map so huge.  It's also nice that the world has become living and breathing, where things are always going on and people aren't just walking/driving places forever.

2: I wonder how crawling is going to work.  It's also nice to hear that they improved the reload animations, I'm sure that means other gun animations have been improved as well.  I didn't like how the magazine stayed on the gun in GTA IV while reloading and the slide didn't actually move on pistols either.

3: There already were ladders, and by "overhand climbing", I wonder if they meant freerunning or at least more realistic climbing where you can actually grab onto the next thing.

4: Not happy about dogs if that's true that they're actually in there, and the fact that he's unsure of whether or not they're killable in the game contradicts what this guys says later about the police using dogs in buildings.

5: Planes and buildings, a match made in 72 virgin-filled heaven.

6: Always nice to have more interior environments although I wouldn't have imagined so many added at one time.  The sewer system is especially going to be taxing on the system but I get the feeling it's going to be a one mission only type of thing.

7: Again, great that it's a living breathing city, but I still like it better when fences magically re-appear when you come back so I hope it stays that way in regard to fence repair

REAL JUICY INFO:

1: Glad to have car upgrades back finally, I can't wait to see the new stuff they've added and what vehicles can finally be upgraded.  Not completely sure on the gasoline refilling idea, it wasn't a pain in the ass in Mafia II but there wasn't particularly a need for it to be there either other than the reflect the economic state of the times for historic accuracy, which GTA doesn't really need to do.

2: I think the dating aspect was kind of nice, they had some really useful abilities if they liked you enough, Kiki(the black chick ) could take away up to four stars from your wanted level if you called her.

3: I hope they know how to make flamethrowers and gaymores realistic if they're gonna put them in.  Being able to pick up random things and use them as weapons is a feature surprisingly ahead of its time. The museum and old weapons you can steal from it is a pretty funny feature too

4: Being able to rupture a fuel line sounds really farfetched, if anything maybe they could bring gas tank fill holes back, but I think they left them out in the first place because it unbalanced multiplayer.

5: I don't see why the would get rid of bowling and darts just to keep a few other things and add a shitload more that almost doesn't sound feasible to be put in the game in the first place.

6: I think I liked it better the GTA IV way where you can only customize your clothes tbh.

7: Burglary as missions only makes sense I guess

8: Of course they're not gonna put children in the game, there's a reason why they've always been missing in this game and they're always invincible in other games

9: I hope using people as human shields doesn't become a core part of the game like it was in Saint's Row II(or so I felt)

10: Finally the cops give you more breathing room just to fuck around when they're not around.  I like the idea of riot gear and battering rams, but not so much dogs and tear gas.

11: Setting up a barricade inside of a place is pretty damn awesome

12: Not sure if I want the skills system to come back or not but we'll see.

13: Further proving what I said about customizable weapons

14: Surely the person you break out in the mission will be someone from San Andreas, that would only make sense I feel like

15: I'm tired of rain but I guess they have to add it.  Earthquakes is a humorous and realistic addition, it'll be nice to see how that goes, but I hope they don't abuse the shit out of it.  It should really just be a a special one-time mission things or something like that.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
https://i.imgur.com/UjsAz.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
Maybe they'll have some decent clothing.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Stimey
­
Map looks hyoooooooooooge

good ^^
­
­
­
­
­
­
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
wouldn't it be funny if GTA:V turned up with a map so big it needed loading screens and still had shit graphics, lol
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
Hope we get police bikes and the ol' SUV.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
These are so blurry it's most likely a deliberate leak from the development team to stir up some hype....
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
Finray we've discussed this, the graphics are not shit. Stop impersonating Roc
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

I don't even see the appeal of GTA anymore. Randomly shooting into crowds, running people over, and murdering hookers got old after my 15th birthday.

Besides the GTA games were never great to begin with. Every one was just a bunch of random things little games, functions, and activities thrown together and placed into a open world. Pretty much 'throw a bunch of poorly designed and working functions into a single game, add some adult content - reap millions'. I rather play a game that does a few things right than many things wrong.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

RTHKI wrote:

Finray we've discussed this, the graphics are not shit. Stop impersonating Roc
they are
Stimey
­
I still don't understand whats so bad about the graphics.

They aren't spectacular but they are very acceptable to above average when compared with other games released in 2008
­
­
­
­
­
­
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Stimey wrote:

I still don't understand whats so bad about the graphics.

They aren't spectacular but they are very acceptable to above average when compared with other games released in 2008
I agree with that. They're not bad if you can max them, but on a console or on anything below medium they were quite awful in comparison to other games. Add that to the fact they were hailed as fantastic from the get-go, nope. Entirely underwhelmed.
FloppY_
­
/picard
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.

Macbeth wrote:

I don't even see the appeal of GTA anymore. Randomly shooting into crowds, running people over, and murdering hookers got old after my 15th birthday.

Besides the GTA games were never great to begin with. Every one was just a bunch of random things little games, functions, and activities thrown together and placed into a open world. Pretty much 'throw a bunch of poorly designed and working functions into a single game, add some adult content - reap millions'. I rather play a game that does a few things right than many things wrong.
Kinda the wrong thread to click on then. You don't see my chiming in on a starcraft/minecraft thread do you.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5905|CA

Macbeth wrote:

What are you smoking?  GTA has always been about providing a large, open world and engaging story for the player to enjoy.  What you do with it is entirely up to you - and that freedom is what makes the game so good.
Stimey
­
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/31122/1320448227779.jpg

CONFIRMED
­
­
­
­
­
­
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
Didn't Rockstar themselves say that the game was only going to be Los Santos, this must be an old San Andreas map or something
FloppY_
­
I believe Rockstar themselves confirmed to reporters today that it is Los Santos only... That could be concept art or something...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

_j5689_ wrote:

Didn't Rockstar themselves say that the game was only going to be Los Santos, this must be an old San Andreas map or something
They did... although Las Venturas could be essentially a side portion of Los Santos, with Los Santos being just a gigantic city. If the license plates say "San Andreas" as they do however, it doesn't really make much sense to have LV in the main game. Perhaps they'll add those cities in through DLC much like TLAD and TBOGT.

I think those maps are bullshit, btw.

Edit: Hey look, I was right!

UPDATE: Looks like this is a fake, folks. Kotaku friend Michael McWhertor has dug up some of Toronto Jack's older Tweets which had previously hyped GTA V as a game subtitled Los Santos, set for release on November 11, 2011. That kind of erroneous info is unlikely to have come from a real insider.

Last edited by Poseidon (2011-11-04 20:36:16)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard