Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Propofol .. check with dr Conrad Murray.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

Kmar wrote:

Propofol .. check with dr Conrad Murray.
https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5286/5318863144_7ed8a508a8.jpg
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT

gurdeep wrote:

this thread would be a lot shorter if everyone just had a little toke
get me a card
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6461|UK
I only have trouble sleeping if I've actually completely battered my sleeping pattern. Just put your phone out of reach think of the word slow take deep breaths. I've heard stretching also helps too.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

wah1188 wrote:

slow take deep breaths. .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
I usually don't have too much trouble falling asleep, though I am a rather light sleeper so it can't be too loud. A very dark room with some droning background noise like an air conditioner is helpful for me. Outside of that, it's just my fucking idiot of a roommate being loud as shit and waking me up.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Kmar wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

slow take deep breaths. .
http://vimeo.com/12729057
I loved, I lost
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5966|London, England

why does this thread continue after adams first post
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Sure it's a dependence if you have trouble sleeping once again when you stop taking it. I agree that it's better than other nasty options.
If you were having trouble sleeping before you started taking it, then it's not a dependence thing. You're simply returning to the same state you were in before you started taking it. You weren't dependent on it before you started taking it, were you?

Nic wrote:

The mental dependancy was laying there wondering if I was gonna need it to get to sleep, and that thinking would keep me awake.
Mental dependency =/= dependency. True dependency/addiction is a chemical thing where your body requires it to function normally.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
I have heard that your body can have trouble making on its own it if you are taking it for to long.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Nic wrote:

I have heard that your body can have trouble making on its own it if you are taking it for to long.
Already addressed. Simply not true.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney

Adams_BJ wrote:

Turn the lights off and go the fuck to sleep.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
Lay flat on your back. Envision your body becoming blacked out, as if it doesn't exist anymore. Start at your toes, work your way up your legs, past your abdomen, down one side of your arms and back up the other side, have it continue working upwards until it encompasses your head. I can't do fully blacked out because my eyes need a point of focus, so in my mind's eye, I leave the pinpoint of light coming through my mouth. My eyes focus on that point and I fall asleep.

Yes, it sounded very weird typing that out, but it helps me reach total relaxation before sleep. I can be asleep within five minutes of my head hitting the pillow after doing this.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

FEOS wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Sure it's a dependence if you have trouble sleeping once again when you stop taking it. I agree that it's better than other nasty options.
If you were having trouble sleeping before you started taking it, then it's not a dependence thing. You're simply returning to the same state you were in before you started taking it. You weren't dependent on it before you started taking it, were you?
I'm not saying it's a dependency on the material itself (which should produced naturally), I'm saying that it sounds an awful lot like a dependency on the supplement. If it works, it's a damn sight better than some of the other medicinal alternatives out there, but it's no long-term substitute for getting your schedule, diet, health and environment in order and going to sleep naturally. When it becomes one, you're depending on it.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD

Jay wrote:

Lay flat on your back. Envision your body becoming blacked out, as if it doesn't exist anymore. Start at your toes, work your way up your legs, past your abdomen, down one side of your arms and back up the other side, have it continue working upwards until it encompasses your head. I can't do fully blacked out because my eyes need a point of focus, so in my mind's eye, I leave the pinpoint of light coming through my mouth. My eyes focus on that point and I fall asleep.

Yes, it sounded very weird typing that out, but it helps me reach total relaxation before sleep. I can be asleep within five minutes of my head hitting the pillow after doing this.
I'll actually try that, thanks bro
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Jay wrote:

I forget where I read about it, but the idea is to become so relaxed it's like your body doesn't exist at all. Pretty sure it's some form of meditation but I don't remember the source. Anyway, it works for me. When I first started, I had to think about it and it took a few minutes to get total relaxation of my muscles. Now I can do it in about five seconds.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
gurdeep
­
+812|4756|proll­y

Jay wrote:

what is this i dont even
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6344

Jay wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Jay wrote:

I forget where I read about it, but the idea is to become so relaxed it's like your body doesn't exist at all. Pretty sure it's some form of meditation but I don't remember the source. Anyway, it works for me. When I first started, I had to think about it and it took a few minutes to get total relaxation of my muscles. Now I can do it in about five seconds.
It sounds like autogenic training.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard