Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6692|Canberra, AUS
whether this is the right thing to do foreign policy wise i have to think about it, but these fuckers deserve it more than most.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
eleven bravo
+1,399|5276|foggy bottom

mcgid1 wrote:

I could be wrong about this, but didn't US action in Vietnam start with the US sending a few advisors trying to help supress an insurgency?
you might be on to something bigger than both of us here
Tu Stultus Es
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733
Finally a stepping stone to end the african shit whole. Shit that is going on in DR Congo and Sudan is fucking horrendous.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6676|BC, Canada

eleven bravo wrote:

trying too hard hurricane
This, and Kmars post.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6731|Purplicious Wisconsin
100?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6676|BC, Canada
You think your military is bad enough that they need more to take out a few guys? Such confidence in your country.
War Man

Nic wrote:

You think your military is bad enough that they need more to take out a few guys? Such confidence in your country.
Not denying how good my military is, just feel 100 is just pushing it abit.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6676|BC, Canada
Why?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6754|Oxferd Ohire
cause a marine is a one man army
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6731|US

Spark wrote:

whether this is the right thing to do foreign policy wise i have to think about it, but these fuckers deserve it more than most.
Agreed.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

RAIMIUS wrote:

Spark wrote:

Agreed.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5490|Ventura, California
I'm all for it.

What type of personnel is being sent there? 100 men isn't much. I hope they can make a big difference.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
War Man

Nic wrote:

Why?
It just seems just too small, rather it be slightly more, like the 200 area.

Anyway, why aren't we also bothering to save other fucking countries while at it, why just Africa? If we are gonna be fucking policeman, we may as well deal with Syria, Iran, and other countries.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5602

Why Syria?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733

Macbeth wrote:

Why Syria?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6428|'Murka

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

That said, I wonder what kind of national interests are being protected by this move. My guess is there's some company doing business in Uganda that is being jeopardized by the LRA
By 2015, we'll be getting at least 25% of our oil from Africa. Plus there are other natural resources there, as well.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733

FEOS wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

That said, I wonder what kind of national interests are being protected by this move. My guess is there's some company doing business in Uganda that is being jeopardized by the LRA
By 2015, we'll be getting at least 25% of our oil from Africa. Plus there are other natural resources there, as well.
America doesn't even get 25% of its oil from the middle east lol. Isn't it mostly domestic, canadian and mexican oil?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6123|eXtreme to the maX
Pretty sure China has locked in most of it already.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733

Dilbert_X wrote:

Pretty sure China has locked in most of it already.
China is locking in on Australia as well.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6428|'Murka

Cybargs wrote:

FEOS wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

America doesn't even get 25% of its oil from the middle east lol. Isn't it mostly domestic, canadian and mexican oil?
What?! We don't get ALL Of our oil from middle eastern despots?! Someone should really tell Dilbert. He'll be heartbroken.

Just read that statistic (about Africa) in a Foreign Policy article for class. It's one reason why the Bush administration was pushing Africa policy so hard: to give more options away from middle eastern oil sources.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5053|Massachusetts, USA

War Man wrote:

Nic wrote:

Why?
It just seems just too small, rather it be slightly more, like the 200 area.

Anyway, why aren't we also bothering to save other fucking countries while at it, why just Africa? If we are gonna be fucking policeman, we may as well deal with Syria, Iran, and other countries.
You must not be familiar with the atrocities happening in the Congo region. Those people make Iran look like a bunch of fucking kittens.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3869489.stm

Good representation of what's happened in the region in the past few years. That's just one out of countless stories and articles.

Last edited by UnkleRukus (2011-10-16 11:51:28)

If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
rdx-fx
+955|6608
Not surprised that 100 soldiers got deployed to some shithole.
Happens all the time.

Exceptionally surprised that it made the news.

Anyone (outside the military) ever hear of Operation Gothic Serpent before Ridley Scott made a movie about it?
How about Op. Provide Comfort II?
Iris Gold?
Any of the South American deployments in the last 40 years?
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6016|...

FEOS wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

FEOS wrote:

What?! We don't get ALL Of our oil from middle eastern despots?! Someone should really tell Dilbert. He'll be heartbroken.

Just read that statistic (about Africa) in a Foreign Policy article for class. It's one reason why the Bush administration was pushing Africa policy so hard: to give more options away from middle eastern oil sources.
I wonder why Africa is seen as a better source for oil. Much of what I've seen of the oil business in Africa and the people who live around it is bad. Really bad. Because of the internal division they probably won't use it as a bargaining chip against foreign nations (which, I reckon, is the reason why countries are looking for alternatives to ME oil), but on an ethical point of view it's much worse.

You could run into a lot of trouble there.

Last edited by Shocking (2011-10-16 13:53:30)

inane little opines
Reciprocity
+721|6598|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Hunting barbaric africans sounds like good practice.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6016|...
A continent full of tribal shitholes, yay.
inane little opines

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard