cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6688|NJ
I was going to join the Army but I stopped because I didn't want to give up my US citizenship for anything. I thought it was really unpatriotic that I'd have to give up what I was fighting for... Remember when you sign you become property of The US government. I've worked hard my whole life to actually get nothing. I make a decent income but it constantly gets diddled away to pay for poor neighborhoods and to pay bloated police incomes.  This is not the america that our parent wantted..
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

You don't lose your US citizenship when you enlist. If you are a dual citizen you will lose the citizenship that is not from the country you are enlisting for. If you joined a foreign army you would lose your US citizenship. It's the same here, my Platoon Commander, (who is also my best mate,) is a dual citizen, (NZ/Germany,) and had to give up his German citizenship when he was commissioned. It is possible to get it back, it just requires a bit of paperwork, (at least in NZ, it may be harder in the US.)

As to "becoming the property of the US Government"... well, yeah that's what happens when you join the army, you become a soldier. Are you saying you'd rather be a mercenary and fight for a corporation rather than the government of your country? Your call but I thought you were concerned about being unpatriotic.

I really don't know what you're talking about here.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
Depends on the laws of the 2nd country. USA doesn't require you to give up your citizenship if you signed up overseas, unless its an enemy of America, but some countries will require you to rid of your USA citizenship if you want to join their military (officers and enlisted are different as Ty pointed out).
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
Well I wouldn't say a safe home, a large amount of freedoms and an environment in which you can make a comfortable living is nothing. Perspective...
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6141|'straya

jord wrote:

Well I wouldn't say a safe home, a large amount of freedoms and an environment in which you can make a comfortable living is nothing. Perspective...
He should go live in Somalia, then he can complain his country hasn't given him anything.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

I hear there's an opening at Apple.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
Well you do also get a large amount of freedoms there. ~Someday I'd like to set up an engineering company and employ gorillas to perform repetitive tasks for a banana an hour.

Need a fort though, and a few armed gaurds.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Those words are dead dead dead.. seriously.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard