Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
the animations are literally worse than cod2 animations. and the graphical style looks horrifically aged.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Well that's what happens when you try to squeeze a game with >2011 capabilities in a system released 6-7 years ago then port it onto PCs.

They need to release the next gen consoles soon, consoles have hit their limit and MW3 is the perfect example.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6288|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Roc18 wrote:

Well that's what happens when you try to squeeze a game with >2011 capabilities in a system released 6-7 years ago then port it onto PCs.

They need to release the next gen consoles soon, consoles have hit their limit and MW3 is the perfect example.
Tech limits are no excuse...

COD has done nothing to push the limits of consoles since COD4 was released, it doesn't have ">2011 capabilities" it is still stuck at the same 2007 capabilities COD4 had...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

Roc18 wrote:

bf3 is on xbox360, no? looks pretty good. mw3 looks utterly terrible. you can't blame shitty animations and terrible, flat textures on 'the console limitations'. gears of war 1 looked better than this.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
im happy that MW3 is the same as MW2 so no one buys more of activisions shenanigans.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
but cammy did
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5038|Massachusetts, USA

Uzique wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

bf3 is on xbox360, no? looks pretty good. mw3 looks utterly terrible. you can't blame shitty animations and terrible, flat textures on 'the console limitations'. gears of war 1 looked better than this.
BF3 started it's development with PC as the front runner, then halfway through they switched to consoles (bigger market.)

CoD has been strictly consoles with PC ports since 2007.

How do you not understand this?
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
bf3 has always had a console version developed for it. you completely misunderstand the importance of that interview soundbite. the 'development focus' changed half-way through, which meant bad news for pc gamers as their version received a lot less attention and hours of testing/development. bf3 and frostbite ALWAYS had a console version developed for them, though. you are the one that has completely misunderstood that interview - go and read it again. at the end of the day they still had to develop a console engine that ran graphics near to the equivalent of pc's dx11 capabilities... and they did something along those lines. you are completely misconstruing what the lead developer meant when he said that they had to reprioritise and reassign more staff to console to meet publisher deadlines, so fuck off with your retarded attitude, kid.

Last edited by Uzique (2011-11-09 07:14:57)

UnkleRukus
That Guy
I didn't misunderstand the point.

PC was the front runner for BF3, and halfway through it was put on the back burner. With console leading it now. You pretty much just elaborated my point so good job and thank you.

My other point was, CoD is designed to run at 60 FPS on any console, and a lot of PCs. Something BF3 cannot do. That was one of their only marketing advantages, and the reason why the game looks the same as it did 4 years ago.

EA Spent millions on trying to out market Activision, which they did a good job of doing (despite EA and Activision being shitty publishers.). Selling 5 million copies in the first week. We have yet to see what COD will do.

Stop throwing shitty insults in there too, you don't know everything and neither do I. It's a simple discussion.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
bf3 aimed its pc versions at latest hardware, yes. but it's not hard to run it at 60fps (minimum settings) on most new pc's. i don't see how that validates your argument for/against call of duty at all. call of duty 4 looks better than mw3, only the later modern warfare games whore up significantly more cpu usage. why? there's literally no gain. they're shoddily designed and optimized, that's the flat fact, here. nothing to do with production values compared to bf3/dice.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

2 rounds of multi last nite .... but that was to be expected .... BF is my go to when I want to enjoy doing some killing ... COD is where I go when I just want to watch the world burn
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
UnkleRukus
That Guy

Uzique wrote:

bf3 aimed its pc versions at latest hardware, yes. but it's not hard to run it at 60fps (minimum settings) on most new pc's. i don't see how that validates your argument for/against call of duty at all. call of duty 4 looks better than mw3, only the later modern warfare games whore up significantly more cpu usage. why? there's literally no gain. they're shoddily designed and optimized, that's the flat fact, here. nothing to do with production values compared to bf3/dice.
I'm more or less with you zique. I too remember the heydays of call of duty 2 and 4. The good times, the well made maps. It has gone downhill drastically, just like battlefield has. It's the stupid fucking "dick swinging" contest that Activision and EA have been engaged in for the past few years. It's destroyed the things we once held sacred in our teens.

Both BF3 and MW3 are shoddily designed, there is no doubt about it. BF3 has a god awful browser system. More bugs than BF2 had on it's release. More overpowered weapon systems than BC2s release.

MW3 I have no say on, simply because I refuse to purchase it for 60 dollars. I already purchased BLOPs last year, and MW2 the year before that. Why do I want to buy the same thing over and over again, I learned my lesson.

That being said. CoD is fun when you're with a bunch of friends just fucking around. CoD is not fun when you start to take it seriously, and trying to be the best player ever.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
the heyday of call of duty 2 and 4? lol. it was the heyday of call of duty ONE and two. call of duty 4 was the beginning of shitty compromise. no guns had recoil. perks and killstreaks. mostly shitty maps. terribad design decisions. call of duty 4 only had a heyday because there was a later generation (i.e. you) that missed the boat for call of duty 1, and made-do with the shitty console crossover that was modern warfare (it really wasn't that good).
UnkleRukus
That Guy

Uzique wrote:

the heyday of call of duty 2 and 4? lol. it was the heyday of call of duty ONE and two. call of duty 4 was the beginning of shitty compromise. no guns had recoil. perks and killstreaks. mostly shitty maps. terribad design decisions. call of duty 4 only had a heyday because there was a later generation (i.e. you) that missed the boat for call of duty 1, and made-do with the shitty console crossover that was modern warfare (it really wasn't that good).
I didn't miss the boat on CoD1. I was too busy playing with my school mates on counter-strike to even bother with it.

Christ, even when someone agrees with you. You still have a mind to hate. You're gonna go so far in life.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4970|Dundee, Scotland.
Finished single player

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Soap dies

It's meh. Multiplayer is decent for sit-down-and-mong gaming.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
This is actually about MW3 btw...

Also, the bit just after Soap tells Price that you know Makarov, and then it flashbacks to "Ghillies in the mist" when you have to take out Zkhayev, and you're sat in a 4x4 with Makarov, I was like 
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

Sorry other mods, but this has been entertaining.  Locking down for now though.  Don't have the time to clean up right now.

Thread cleaned ... please stay on topic.. 
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
Multiplayer is ridiculously easy. 5 10:1 me matches back to back
baggs
+732|6206
Camm, are you playing on PC?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
thatd be a bigger waste than buying it on console
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
baggs
+732|6206

RTHKI wrote:

thatd be a bigger waste than buying it on console
no one cares what your opinion is, cunt. when i want your opinion i'll give it to you.

Last edited by baggs (2011-11-09 15:56:59)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

Camm wrote:

This is actually about MW3 btw...

Also, the bit just after Soap tells Price that you know Makarov, and then it flashbacks to "Ghillies in the mist" when you have to take out Zkhayev, and you're sat in a 4x4 with Makarov, I was like 
How could Captain Price have met Makarov if he Spoiler (highlight to read):
died in 1945?
Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Snipers are also 1 hit kills again. I saw a bunch of guys running around like the sniper rifle was a semi auto assault rifle getting kills easier than my automatic M4 with Sleight of hand and quick aim.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6693|Devon, England
Played a couple of hours tonight. Was exactly what I expected, tbh.

I was shocked at there being 16 maps, though.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA

FFLink wrote:

Played a couple of hours tonight. Was exactly what I expected, tbh.

I was shocked at there being 16 maps, though.
Yeah I find that impressive.  I wonder how many they plan to release with DLC.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard