Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
So far I'm enjoying it.

It is a rehash of MW2 though

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-11-08 21:55:26)

Stimey
­
+786|6122|Ontario | Canada
rehash?

more like the exact same game.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Roc18
`
Ok I played for like 2 hours.

This game has no skill curve. You see an enemy, point/click and the bullet hits its target with no bullet drop or recoil most of the time. Alot of the maps seem like they were lazily made, they're all too bunched and doesn't require you to think about where you're gonna flank or hide since the spawns change very often and constantly. And this is in pretty much all game modes.

But with that said this is Classic Call of Duty, running around point, click, kill. Rinse and repeat. Wont be playing alot but it's nothing special. The maps are the worst thing about this game. Seems like a step back from black ops in that department.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-11-08 22:37:52)

TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
Everyone says it's rehash/copy paste job etc. but seriously, what did you expect? The CoD franchise has built its name on releasing yearly editions with the same familiar feeling and pace of action, and I find it strange that everyone is suddenly up in arms that there is nothing radically different.  Most of the current audience (read: console players) didn't want any drastic changes in the first place.  Combining elements of CoD4 with MW2 and the balancing of Black Ops was probably the best move they could of made with MW3. Unfortunately the yesteryear of CoD1 and CoD2 on PC are over, and the entire community that was built around those titles have been essentially abandoned for the casual gamer willing to spend $60 so he can play xbox with his buddies from school/work.

As much as you may hate it, Activision's formula for CoD works and makes them profitable - each year the latest CoD title breaks last year's sales records. However, we can already see how CoD is quickly burning itself out, and how EA is attempting muscle their way into the mainstream FPS market through Battlefield (which I also don't think is a good idea - in the perfect world EA would of left Battlefield alone to the PC audience and perhaps focus on ramping up Medal of Honor to combat CoD.  We saw their feeble attempt last year, and to be honest I think the main flaw is at a fundamental level - Quake 3's engine simply feels more fluent and easy to use then DICE's sluggish Frostbite engine.)  What I'm unsure of at this point is how much longer Activision can keep the hype train going on CoD until it becomes so saturated and hated they move onto a new franchise. How many more years of annual CoD releases can we play?

Last edited by TopHat01 (2011-11-08 22:38:48)

Roc18
`
Honestly I think it's at that burn out point. They better come out with something special next year or else COD may be dead. People will slowly realize it's the same crap over and over.
Stimey
­
+786|6122|Ontario | Canada
but like at least from MW1->MW2 there was some progression etc etc.

this one has the exact same fucking menus
same multiplayer world objects
same fucking killstreak unlocks

its literally like at the board meeting theyre just like
"Okay everyone take a year and 9 months of vacation then we'll shit out some new maps and they'll pay millions for it"
­
­
­
­
­
­
Roc18
`
I'm getting sick of all this unlock shit. I don't want to re unlock everything everytime I feel like using a new gun I ironically just unlocked. You have to unlock Guns then unlock the attachments for them and unlock perks, strike packages, proficiencies, death streaks.

FUCK UNLOCKS

I wish a game would come out where we don't have to unlock anything.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-11-08 23:54:22)

Roc18
`
OXM UK: 9/10 - Like it or not, it's heartening to know that the most popular game on the Xbox 360 is also one of the best.

Edge: 9/10 - Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare trilogy stands as this generation's defining FPS series - and Modern Warfare 3 is an emphatic, feature-packed and sometimes stunning final act.

OXM: 9.5 - When everything here is this well-executed and offers so many enduring thrills, it's hard to knock it too much. MW3 absolutely delivers.

GamesRadar: 9/10 - If you're looking for a new kind of shooter, look elsewhere. Modern Warfare 3 succeeds by doing more - much, much, much more - of what's always worked spectacularly for the series. We still can't get enough.

Guardian: 5/5 - The Infinity Ward engine is far from cutting edge - the overall look of the game has not moved on enormously since MW2. But the vision, the choreography, the sense of scale and detail - they are awe-inspiring at times.

Telegraph: 5/5 - Modern Warfare 3 is a shining example of refinement and improvement. It's familiar, sure, but here familiarity doesn't breed contempt, just respect and reward for those who've dedicated so much time to the series. And for new players, it's the perfect starting point, more accommodating and encompassing than ever.

AusGamers: 9.6/10 - Don't go hating on this because it's Call of Duty. This is Modern Warfare 3 - the final chapter in an epic tale, and part of a series that changed the first-person shooter landscape forever. It's an absolutely solid title, the best entry in the series and something that should keep you playing for some time to come. More than worth the investment.

Destructoid: 9.5/10 - Whether you like what it does is a matter of personal taste, but the skill and experience brought to the table is hard to refute. Modern Warfare 3 gets it done, and it gets it done damn well.

GameTrailers: 9.3/10 - If you're expecting a huge departure from what's come before you'll be disappointed, but fans will get exactly what they're looking for. World War III shouldn't be this fun.

1UP: A- - I'm glad to say the multiplayer remains addicting and is more balanced than ever.

VideoGamer: 9/10 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 doesn't do anything new, but it also doesn't do anything wrong. For better or worse, this is a slick and well-metered trio of modes that make an entertaining package, but Sledgehammer Games and Infinity Ward are simply looking to augment previous games rather than expand the series into pastures new

Joystiq: 4.5/5 - Modern Warfare 3 is a great Call of Duty game, just as every other entry in the franchise is a great Call of Duty game. However, it shares more than quality with its predecessors - it, like its forefathers, leaves you waiting for something perfect.

IGN: 9/10 - Despite its flaws, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 takes the fantastic series we've come to love over the years and iterates on it with great success. The multiplayer is hands-down the best it has ever been, with more features, more modes and a ton of new levels and ways to interact via Call of Duty Elite. The singleplayer campaign and Spec Ops mode add value to the overall package, creating something that may not be perfect, but is too damn addicting to pass up.

GameInformer: 9/10 - When it comes down to it, Modern Warfare 3 meets expectations. The core elements of multiplayer and the campaign remain fundamentally unchanged, but the game serves as a great example of how many subtle tweaks can add up to an improved overall product.

GameSpot: 8.5/10 - This is some of the best online shooter action around, and with the daunting challenges of Spec Ops and the exciting, globe-trotting campaign, Modern Warfare 3 stands tall as another great descendant of the game that changed a generation.

GiantBomb: 4/5 - Modern Warfare 3 feels split between the great excitement of its time-tested multiplayer and the feeling that this whole style of game has just gotten old.

Eurogamer: 8/10 - That the single-player story brings the Modern Warfare saga to a fairly definitive end is, then, cause for celebration. Whatever next year's entry brings, some measure of reinvention will be essential. For now, its exuberant blend of testicular bravado and blockbuster gloss ensures that Call of Duty retains its crown as the shooter genre's biggest, boldest rollercoaster ride for at least one more year.

sigh
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5966|London, England

why did you buy it
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Roc18
`
I preordered it expecting something good and new; and obviously I'm dissapointed lol. I'll think more before I preorder games.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6236|S.A. Australia
Would people be this disappointed if MW1 & 2 didn't exist?  If you ignore the first 2 and pretend that this is the first game in the series, would your opinion of the game be higher?
Serious Flex
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6150|'straya

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

Would people be this disappointed if MW1 & 2 didn't exist?  If you ignore the first 2 and pretend that this is the first game in the series, would your opinion of the game be higher?
Probably. But if a car had never been invented before i'd be pretty fucking impressed with a Kia Rio.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Roc18 wrote:

I preordered it expecting something good and new; and obviously I'm dissapointed lol. I'll think more before I preorder games.
It's COD. It's been the same since CoD4.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4970|Dundee, Scotland.

RTHKI wrote:

scots must not be able to scroll up
was on my phone, got images/vids disabled
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

Roc18 wrote:

But with that said this is Classic Call of Duty, running around point, click, kill. Rinse and repeat. Wont be playing alot but it's nothing special. The maps are the worst thing about this game. Seems like a step back from black ops in that department.
did you play call of duty 1 or 2? doesn't sound like it. so please gtfo with your "hurr durr i'm great at fps games and this is my judgement"
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
Based on the videos I watched it looks amazingly bad. I don't understand how anyone could extract enjoyment from a game that looks worse than it's last two predecessors. This is disheartening.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida

Roc18 wrote:

Destructoid: 9.5/10 - Whether you like what it does is a matter of personal taste, but the skill and experience brought to the table is hard to refute. Modern Warfare 3 gets it done, and it gets it done damn well.

sigh
Destructoid also gave BF3 a 7/10, because, I'm paraphrasing here, "you're better inside vehicles than you are outside them"

Cybargs wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

It's COD. It's been the same since CoD4.
Make that CoD1.  I remember playing a modern combat mod on CoD1 way before CoD4, maybe 2 years earlier.  Literally nothing has changed, at all, except better framerates and more perks.

Last edited by Spearhead (2011-11-09 05:25:34)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
no, the modern warfare games are nothing like cod1. i don't care about some shitty mod. cod1 had recoil and took skill to play. please stop talking.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

well played through the single player story line since that was I most interested in ..... it was a good story .... way over the top but thats what MW is
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
theres no such thing as a good story in mw. especially after mw2
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5038|Massachusetts, USA
Taking anything related to new CoD seriously is the first mistake.

It's like watching a Michael Bay movie. You go into the theater expecting explosions and action, not a plot.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

if they want to make the story line real .... have everyone sitting around playing the hurry up & wait game

its over the top ... its hollywood ..... its BAY
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
and just like a michael bay movie its not worth the price of admission
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

RTHKI wrote:

and just like a michael bay movie its not worth the price of admission