+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Eisenhower says you're wrong.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Eisenhower says you're wrong.
Defense spending as a percentage of GDP is far below Eisenhower's era.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6716|US
In 1960, defense spending was 55% of the federal budget.
In 2011, defense spending is 25% of the federal budget.

OH NOES, THE MILITARY IS TAKING OVER!!!!11!!!ONE

(edit: via http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/yea … 1n#usgs302)

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2011-11-15 18:28:57)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

That 25% number is a bit misleading though. I've seen numbers as low as 20%, as high as 45%, depending on who prepares the number
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

36.4% of statistics are made up on the spot.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6716|US
The site I linked indicates their sources on the right hand side.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
They blocked off the park and it looks like they're raiding the park. Good.

http://www.ustream.tv/TheOther99

Go protest somewhere else and stop stinkifying a park that some people (myself included) actually like to visit and hang out in.
Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
>Camp out "protesting" for 2 months
>Get Nothing done
Chardee MacDennis
Green Man
+130|4555|Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Roc18 wrote:

>Camp out "protesting" for 2 months
>Get Nothing done
Maybe they should get a job instead and become rich?  Odd idea I know.
What is your Spaghetti Policy Here?

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

https://blogs.ajc.com/mike-luckovich/files/2011/11/newmikecolor.jpg
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

There are things about the movement I agree with. There are things I disagree with. Same with the Tea Party.

But the objective engineer in me looks at the two and sees only one that has actually accomplished anything.

That tells me that "occupying" spaces isn't the route to successful change.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

There are things about the movement I agree with. There are things I disagree with. Same with the Tea Party.

But the objective engineer in me looks at the two and sees only one that has actually accomplished anything.

You're saying revolting against a despotic govt which puts the interests of rich and foreign masters before the common indigenous citizen never achieved anything?

OK.
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

You're saying revolting against a despotic govt which puts the interests of rich and foreign masters before the common indigenous citizen never achieved anything?

OK.
Pretty sure that's not what I said at all.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
But throwing crates of tea into a river did?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Dilbert_X wrote:

But throwing crates of tea into a river did?
Both the tea and the crates was ISO 14001 approved
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Which reminds me, under ISO9000 operators are not suppose to use their initiative, like breaking stuff.
FML
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

OK.
If the government is despotic, why do these protestors want to expand the power of said government?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

OK.
If the government is despotic, why do these protestors want to expand the power of said government?
Corporate power out of government! More intervention by government!

lol what, you cant have one without the other.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Curtailing the power of banks is hardly expanding govt.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Dilbert_X wrote:

Banks aren't really that powerful...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

Yes, it is.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6716|US

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Yes, it is.
Not necessarily, but all the OWS ideas for doing so did wind up calling for more government control/power.

Generally, that's how one figures out the philosophy of sides today.  Look at who gets more control...
Liberals: generally like to give power to the Gov.
Conservatives: generally like to give power to individuals or corporations.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

mtb0minime wrote:

The day a wall street banker camps on my lawn and shits on my porch will be the day I find that image at all funny. They're hurting their cause (whatever the hell that is) by acting the way they are. "The whole world is watching," but people still have to live around their shit.

I'd also like to thank the mayor of New York and every other shitball politician responsible for letting this snowball.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD
So we've hit the two month anniversary of the jobless sitting in parks instead of looking for jobs?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Anniversary - An anniversary is a day that commemorates and/or celebrates a past event that occurred on the same day of the year as the initial event. For example, the first event is the initial occurrence or, if planned, the inaugural of the event. One year later would be the first anniversary of that event.
It's been two months.

Math fail.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard