Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending "Freetrade" by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America's nuclear power plants.

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the "Books." World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the "Books." And I don't mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.

These demands will create so many jobs it will be completely impossible to fill them without an open borders policy.

lolz.

Last edited by Jay (2011-10-03 20:55:38)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
Is that really what they want? If so, they make the Tea Party look almost reasonable. The "free college education" alone is laughably unrealistic.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DesertFox- wrote:

Is that really what they want? If so, they make the Tea Party look almost reasonable. The "free college education" alone is laughably unrealistic.
There was more, and it's even better. Yes, they are a bunch of retarded kids that took too many liberal arts classes at their overpriced private colleges.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
They had a zombie day...

If it were actual poor and desperate people doing this protest it might have some validity. But from what I've seen on the news it's 100% hipsters.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

There isn't any leader of this group and anyone can show up and be a part of it. That "demands list" could have been written by any yodel on the internet.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
Yoda?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Macbeth wrote:

There isn't any leader of this group and anyone can show up and be a part of it. That "demands list" could have been written by any yodel on the internet.
This.

Also - hipsters, as per SupMinded.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

They had a zombie day...

If it were actual poor and desperate people doing this protest it might have some validity. But from what I've seen on the news it's 100% hipsters.
Guess they got bored of riding the subway back and forth to Union Square every day.

Last edited by Jay (2011-10-03 22:12:16)

-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Wonder how you'd feel if they were Tea-partiers.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.
This makes sense.
Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.
OK they are mad.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6503|Gold Coast
Back in the '50s, they would've been locked up and the key thrown away for thoughts like these.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6403|'Murka

Nah. Back in the 50s, their parents would've come out and beat their asses in public for being such knuckleheads, then sent them to bed without dinner.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

I think this list is bogus. From what I've heard the only so-called demands are equitable treatment for all workers and work towards measures to end the huge wage disparity in the US. This list seems like a construct from an opposing group that wants to paint these protestors as the 'liberal whackos' that they fear them to be.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
All I can say is: Lol.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

And they had that list of demands? I'd certainly feel the same way.
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

And they had that list of demands? I'd certainly feel the same way.
goddamn hippies.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Link to the list of demands plz
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
-Frederick Bastiat
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Link to the list of demands plz
http://occupywallst.org/
http://occupywallst.org/forum/proposed- … st-moveme/
wait... this is serious?

i deadset thought you were having a lend
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

Superior Mind wrote:

Most 'actual poor and desperate people' are too busy working to make ends meet to protest.

Edit: So it turns out that "List of Demands" was one person's proposal for a possible list of demands. It has 140 responses and I haven't read one agreeing with the proposal. This is the same sort of fact-finding Fox News does Jay, c'mon you're better than that.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Then they're hipsters.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ty wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Most 'actual poor and desperate people' are too busy working to make ends meet to protest.
They also haven't had the leisure time to spend four years at college reading Marx and Shaw. These guys are wankers. They aren't members of the proletariat they envisage themselves to be a part of. Their daddies write their rent checks every month so they can live in Brooklyn with the rest of the 'artistes'.

Last edited by Jay (2011-10-04 05:20:12)

-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

Jay wrote:

Ty wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

They also haven't had the leisure time to spend four years at college reading Marx and Shaw. These guys are wankers. They aren't members of the proletariat they envisage themselves to be a part of. Their daddies write their rent checks every month so they can live in Brooklyn with the rest of the 'artistes'.
But but but but the plight of the worker!

funny thing is occupy wall street is mainly done by college students who went to new york and wanted to stay and figured out their budget cant adjust to the cost of living.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

Ty wrote:

But but but but the plight of the worker!

funny thing is occupy wall street is mainly done by college students who went to new york and wanted to stay and figured out their budget cant adjust to the cost of living.
Like Uzique, none of them have ever had a real job. What would they know about the plight of the worker?
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
There are many reasons to nail Wall Street - none of these even have anything to do with the place.

Except 12 obviously, not that that is really the core of the problem.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard