FloppY_
­
+1,010|6298|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

Yeah, probably a bit early to begin talk about nerfing kits until having played a fair bit of the full version.
Still, you'd think that they might have implimented some design in order to reduce the popularity of the camping sniper after what happened with BC2.
Yeah pretty much every map has a 50% chance of turning into Wookie teaparties taking potshots at eachother while ignoring the flags/mcoms between them...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
jord
+2,382|6690|The North, beyond the wall.

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

Yeah, probably a bit early to begin talk about nerfing kits until having played a fair bit of the full version.
Still, you'd think that they might have implimented some design in order to reduce the popularity of the camping sniper after what happened with BC2.
I've played bc2 hundereds of hours and the sniper kit is no more or less popular than it was in 2142, bf2 or the other FPS games i've played. Perhaps that's because of the maps I play, but I'm pretty sure the CG was a lot more annoying than the sniper kit. Afterall, I've been on plenty of no CG servers, but I'm yet to encounter a no sniper server.
rdx-fx
+955|6604

krazed wrote:

if you stand still long enough for a bullet to travel the 1000m to kill you, you probably deserved it
1.5 seconds or so.

Plenty of things in a game that cause that.
Repairing, healing, group getting into a vehicle, helicopter taking off, flag cap.

Hrm..  yeah, I suppose an enemy doing any of those things does deserve a bullet.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6705
If there were a greater sense of situational awareness in the game, that is to not feel like you are playing within a shiny HD movie, but a video game, then perhaps spotting snipers would be less of a chore in the cluster fuck of blue and orange.
jord

rdx-fx wrote:

krazed wrote:

if you stand still long enough for a bullet to travel the 1000m to kill you, you probably deserved it
1.5 seconds or so.

Plenty of things in a game that cause that.
Repairing, healing, group getting into a vehicle, helicopter taking off, flag cap.

Hrm..  yeah, I suppose an enemy doing any of those things does deserve a bullet.
Well if you're standing still in the open healing or capping a flag then you're doing it wrong. Come on man, 1000m shots on this game are hard to pull off. I just took a jet and bailed high up the antenna a couple of rounds and did some long range sniping and it's pretty hard.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6168|Vancouver | Canada
I think the sniper (or at least the camping sniper) is far less popular in BF3. In BF2/BC2 there were hordes of them to counter-snipe, but in BF3 I've only run into a few.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5048|Massachusetts, USA

DefCon-17 wrote:

I think the sniper (or at least the camping sniper) is far less popular in BF3. In BF2/BC2 there were hordes of them to counter-snipe, but in BF3 I've only run into a few.
I find that rough to believe. I see plenty of them requiring a good ol' ass whoopin'.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

UnkleRukus wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

I find that rough to believe. I see plenty of them requiring a good ol' ass whoopin'.
Well I am one of them most of the time, and I'm always scanning around looking for fellow bushmen to shoot, but I can probably count on one hand the amount of times I've seen a camping enemy sniper.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6778|UK
needs toning down, shouldnt be visible unless your looking practically directly at them. And it needs a much smaller flare.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6693|Disaster Free Zone

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

That purely a problem with the art departments wank fest.
BVC
+325|6708
With camoflage being as effective as it is in BF3, removing scope glint would make snipers pratically invisible, and would affect game balance.
jord

Pubic wrote:

With camoflage being as effective as it is in BF3, removing scope glint would make snipers pratically invisible, and would affect game balance.
killcam.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6480

jord wrote:

Pubic wrote:

killcam.
Only works once you're already dead.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5271|foggy bottom
youre just not as good as jord
Tu Stultus Es
FloppY_
­
Must be nice being able to defib. oneself
jord

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

jord wrote:

Pubic wrote:

killcam.
Only works once you're already dead.
And?
jord
Vehicles need to be looked at and rebalanced when someone with medium skill can go 30-1, like the J10 on bf2.
Weapons need to be looked and and rebalanced when someone with very little skill can go 10-1, like the CG on the first version of bc2.

If you die once from a guy you didn't see and then get to see where he is on killcam, that's not something that needs rebalancing. Besides aren't all the other kits meant to be all teamworky and shit? Surely a medic will come over and revive you like a good little peon soon enough...
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6679

jord wrote:

Vehicles need to be looked at and rebalanced when someone with medium skill can go 30-1, like the J10 on bf2.
Weapons need to be looked and and rebalanced when someone with very little skill can go 10-1, like the CG on the first version of bc2.

If you die once from a guy you didn't see and then get to see where he is on killcam, that's not something that needs rebalancing. Besides aren't all the other kits meant to be all teamworky and shit? Surely a medic will come over and revive you like a good little peon soon enough...
Remember that scene from Full Metal Jacket?  That girl sniper?
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6821|Marathon, Florida Keys

jord wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

jord wrote:

you're not very good at the previous titles and your mother was fucked by a marine scout sniper.

it's okay man...
I watched a couple of his medic videos and he's good.
ya because its a video in which he edited out him getting stallowned from snipers all the time.

either that or the usmc scout sniper thing
if it was even possible to be "owned" by a sniper

I like fast paced games, being in the middle of action with autos/semi autos...running out of ammo and having to switch to your pistol, running out of pistol rounds then whipping out your knife to finish people off. Snipers just slow game play down. What is so much fun about picking someone off from 2000 feet away shits boring as fuck yet so many people love it and its a newbies 1st option on every game ever made. In bf2 i loved the infantry gameplay, ak101s ak47s and m16s all day... only thing snipers did was take my health down to 1 bar so i could die from the terrain impact or get blown up by a claymore when going around a corner, took away so much fucking time in game dying in cheap shit ways. Not to mention they were no value at all to a team all every bridge turned into was a bunch of dumbasses shooting at eachother with L95s and no one advancing. Only time anyone went sniper in TOP was to TK a smurf out of the jet/chopper.

And i think snipers are pretty cool IRL, my friend from high school is a marine scout and he blew a taliban guy's head off last year. Snipers just gay up videogames more than anything second to grenade lauchers and martyrdom.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Breaking news: People enjoy different play-styles in videogames!
FloppY_
­

DefCon-17 wrote:

Breaking news: People enjoy different play-styles in videogames!
What a shocking statement my good sir
99% of snipers in games are idiots who cant hold a 1:1 ratio. Guess thats why new games load them up with claymores and mortars n shit. I get it now sucking ass must be a "Play style" lol. Cant wait to shock paddle some sniper noobs in bf3.
Maybe you sniper lovers will get lucky and get jetpacks so you can fly away from the assault guy running at you with a knife.
Reciprocity
+721|6593|the dank(super) side of Oregon
a bunch of whiny fucking cunts.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6512|so randum
can we make babies?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer