Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Why would I be arrested? I'd be performing a social duty weeding out the weak and toughening up the rest.

A bit like a public service unpaid marine sargeant.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6734|Cambridge, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

Why would I be arrested? I'd be performing a social duty weeding out the weak and toughening up the rest.

A bit like a public service unpaid marine sargeant.
Theft and probably assault.

There is a difference between mugging somebody and posting something on your own facebook wall. If you cannot see that then its not my fault.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
We aren't talking about posting on your own facebook wall.
Cheeky_Ninja06

HITNRUNXX wrote:

I am not saying what the bullies did is right, and I am not saying that it shouldn't have been dealt with... I was just saying that there is only so much they can do. Harassment is bad. But some of the bad things these kids did were post on their own facebook walls about him... Are you going to start limiting who people can talk about in their own social networks, blogs, articles, etc?
Im not going to trawl facebook as im at work but yes we are

Besides its facebook, if you dont want to read somebodies wall, block them. If you dont want them to write on your wall, block them. Simples.

Last edited by Cheeky_Ninja06 (2011-10-13 02:30:18)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I was talking about the direct harassement part.

He had told family and friends that he had endured hateful comments in school and online, mostly related to his sexual orientation.

Students had been posting hate comments with gay references on his Formspring account, a website that allows anonymous posts.

"JAMIE IS STUPID, GAY, FAT ANND [sic] UGLY. HE MUST DIE!" one post said, according to local reports. Another read, "I wouldn't care if you died. No one would. So just do it It would make everyone WAY more happier!"
Not people posting on their own facebook pages.
Cheeky_Ninja06
Okay, so delete the account. Or make a new one.

Internet bullying of this magnitude is really a non issue imo. When they start with phonecalls / texts and contacting friends / family then it becomes serious harassment but posts on a blog / social media isnt worth dying over.

Besides you were addressing my point so you don't get to pick the context to suit you I am afraid.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Why should anyone have to do that?
Why should jerks be free to limit someone elses freedom?

There's no point in dying over things said on the the internet, but in this case it wasn't just the internet, and for many 'internetz r life'
Cheeky_Ninja06

Dilbert_X wrote:

Why should anyone have to do that?
Why should jerks be free to limit someone elses freedom?

There's no point in dying over things said on the the internet, but in this case it wasn't just the internet, and for many 'internetz r life'
Because shit happens. Life isnt fair. I've been harassed the shit out of by a crazy ex for nearly a year but I didn't kill myself over it.

Its not like its a big ask to make a new account is it. FFS what essential freedom are you losing out on? for many "internetz r life" so? Perhaps they should get a life instead of committing suicide over a bunch of square lights.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Why should anyone have to change their behaviour because some prick thinks its funny to harass them?
Cheeky_Ninja06

Dilbert_X wrote:

Why should anyone have to change their behaviour because some prick thinks its funny to harass them?
Why should your journey to work take longer just because some prick has broken down?

Why should women not be able to go out at night naked and have no worries?

Why should you not be allowed to wear a bikini in Saudi?

Why should you not be able to name a Teddy Muhammed?

Why should my taxes pay for lazy Jeremy Kylers?

Why should pikeys be exempt from the law?

There are a million things which happen every single day that slightly inconvenience you, this is a fact of life.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You're just dodging the question, none of those arguments are relevant, however:

People don't break down deliberately or for 'lulz'

Normal social mores dictate women and men shouldn't go out naked

Their country, their laws

You can

The elected govt decides how your taxes are spent, vote differently next time

They aren't
Cheeky_Ninja06
I'm not dodging the question, you just don't like the answer. You cannot do whatever you like all of the time, perhaps in a perfect world you could do what you want more often but we don't live in a perfect world.

Women take a risk going out alone and scanttily clad at night, it shouldn't be an issue, people should be able to control themselves, but that isn't reality.

FYI pikeys are above the law, they have repeatedly proven that planning laws do not apply to them and the police will never arrest them as they are too scared of violence.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You cannot do whatever you like all of the time, perhaps in a perfect world you could do what you want more often but we don't live in a perfect world.
Its reasonable to expect to live a normal life and do normal things without fear of harassment, people intruding on your life and threatening you.

Having a facebook account =/= walking the streets in underwear.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5038|Massachusetts, USA
Bullies just need an ass whoopin'.

Female bullies just need the tables reversed on them.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6745|Reality

https://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID44168/images/atheist-respect.gif
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard