Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6164|New Austin, Not
So bf2s, I need a ballpark figure/best guess of how much my insurance will go up. First ticket, 21 years old, been driving for  2 years. Ma's vehicle (I'm listed as an occasional driver). No accidents, no other tickets. Had my own vehicle when I was in Ontario.

I've been living in Ontario a good year and a bit (was studying at Waterloo University) where U turns at controlled intersections were legal. So naturally if I needed to U -turn and no prohibit sign was there, you're generally golden to do so. Now I'm back home in Alberta where apparently they are not. So I got dinged earlier tonight when I was driving my friend home. He left his keys at our pals place, so I u-turned at a controlled intersection (no prohibit sign), cop saw me and I got ticketed. Shit sucks, and ignorance is no excuse, but I can deal the 115 buck fine and 2 demerits. Just need an idea what I'm looking at for a potential increase in premiums. With RBC, so I believe they can and will raise your premium even for a first offense. 

I know that premiums vary from place to place/country to country but if any one can give me an idea for what increase they got after their first offense  it would be much appreciated.

Thanks lads and lasses.
Benzin
+576|5991
I wouldn't expect too much of an increase.
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5973|Toronto

Rohirm wrote:

So bf2s, I need a ballpark figure/best guess of how much my insurance will go up. First ticket, 21 years old, been driving for  2 years. Ma's vehicle (I'm listed as an occasional driver). No accidents, no other tickets. Had my own vehicle when I was in Ontario.

I've been living in Ontario a good year and a bit (was studying at Waterloo University) where U turns at controlled intersections were legal. So naturally if I needed to U -turn and no prohibit sign was there, you're generally golden to do so. Now I'm back home in Alberta where apparently they are not. So I got dinged earlier tonight when I was driving my friend home. He left his keys at our pals place, so I u-turned at a controlled intersection (no prohibit sign), cop saw me and I got ticketed. Shit sucks, and ignorance is no excuse, but I can deal the 115 buck fine and 2 demerits. Just need an idea what I'm looking at for a potential increase in premiums. With RBC, so I believe they can and will raise your premium even for a first offense. 

I know that premiums vary from place to place/country to country but if any one can give me an idea for what increase they got after their first offense  it would be much appreciated.

Thanks lads and lasses.
w/ RBC, should be a 5% increase.
I like pie.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD
My insurance didn't skyrocket after wrecking a car, you should be fine.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5029|Massachusetts, USA
If there were no signs saying you couldn't then why did you get pulled over. You don't have a court date to appeal it at all?
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6674|Disaster Free Zone

UnkleRukus wrote:

If there were no signs saying you couldn't then why did you get pulled over. You don't have a court date to appeal it at all?
There's no signs saying you can't over take over double lines. They don't need to sign post every law, that's why you do a test and I'm sorry but ignorance is no defence.
UnkleRukus
That Guy

DrunkFace wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

There's no signs saying you can't over take over double lines. They don't need to sign post every law, that's why you do a test and I'm sorry but ignorance is no defence.
Two completely different things, the double lines ARE the sign saying DO NOT PASS.

It's not ignorance on his part, it's ignorance on his governments part. They don't want people to do something, then you have to tell them not to do it.
Sturgeon
+488|4933|Flintshire

UnkleRukus wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Two completely different things, the double lines ARE the sign saying DO NOT PASS.

It's not ignorance on his part, it's ignorance on his governments part. They don't want people to do something, then you have to tell them not to do it.
Pretty sure they do when you learn to drive
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
UnkleRukus
That Guy

Sturgeon wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Pretty sure they do when you learn to drive
They told us in driving to school to pay attention to the signs, the signs will tell when it's okay to do something. The booklet for the driving class had 5 pages dedicated to the various signs you will see when driving. I'm not sure how it is in canehda though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard