Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Didn't expect Crysis like Ozzi said, but some of the environment is done with finesse while some things look miserable. The character movement and animations do not look up to date either. Something that has been in development this long just should look better. I'll give it a go if some friend has it, but so far this doesn't look like anything I want to pay for.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
I bought it. Hopefully it won't make me regret that decision.

Usually I'll wait to hear things about a game after release, but I didn't on this for some reason.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

AvP2 was the best game in the franchise and had multiple xenomorph variants.
Yes, but none of them had special abilities like acid spitting or smoke screen.
And wouldn't a rhino-like xenomorph require a rhino-like species for facehugging?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

globefish23 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

And wouldn't a rhino-like xenomorph require a rhino-like species for facehugging?
In the video they mention something about the aliens evolving into different types, something James Cameron must have looked into. Sort of like the difference between the drone from the first movie and the warriors from the second. Course there's quite a size difference. I might've said it was like an alien king or something.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

globefish23 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Special abilities worked for Left 4 Dead. Hopefully, the rhinos won't be as insanely hard to kill as the ones in Natural Selection 2.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

The blood in space was cool, but I think I liked the shorter version of this trailer better.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Played a bit of AvP3 and was reminded why it irritated me so much.

1) limited movement. no crouch, can only high jump to pre-designated locations as a predator
2) the game puts collectibles all over the FUCKING map but harasses you about going the wrong way or to hurry up when you look for them. "wrong way, rookie. taking your sweet time, rookie? he's clumsy, but a xeno killer alright."
3) still being called "rookie" after you blew your way through 500 xenomorphs to rescue a bunch of hard marines who died to like 10 xenos with 2 or 3 sentry guns at their disposal.

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
FFLink
There is.
I played either the demo or beta and didn't like it. Really hoping this is different.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC plans include $30 Season Pass

I've already bought the game, and it isn't a sure success. I'm not ready to throw in $30 more just quite yet.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Sounds very similar to BF3s premium.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

M.O.A.B wrote:

Sounds very similar to BF3s premium.
Sounds like every company is doing nowadays.
Charging the money for the GOTY/Gold/Complete version in advance.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
some season passes dont even include all the dlc

looks at forza and borderlands 2
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I'll have to check on BL2. I got the pass for it and as far as I know, it's been acquiring all the DLC.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
Well it's for 4 dlcs, but doesn't include the mechromancer and I thought they said any story dlc would be separate but duno.

Forza was more buy 5 for the price of 4 while releasing a few after that.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Oh the mechromancer was a pre-order bonus.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Saw the first TV advert last night. Used the extended contact trailer, but ommitted the music and voices for the sound of the tracker getting faster and faster. Was a pretty good mix.
FFLink
There is.
Already out on consoles, was hoping that the date had changed, but no...

Still, only 2 and a half hours.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

M.O.A.B wrote:

Saw the first TV advert last night. Used the extended contact trailer, but ommitted the music and voices for the sound of the tracker getting faster and faster. Was a pretty good mix.
I think that's the one I posted that earlier in this thread with a "less is more" comment.
FFLink
There is.
It's fun!

Gone through the first level with two friends, and it's entertaining and kept me on edge. Playing through on Hardened and we got through ok, but I can see it getting challenging.

Love the sounds - motion sensor, pulse rifle, etc.

I hope it stays this good.
FFLink
There is.
Multiplayer is entertaining.

I recommend finding Hick's Shotgun in the first level first, though. Easy mode.

I can't work too well with the Xenomorphs, though.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

It had better turn up today, I paid extra to get it on release. Postman has already been in his van dropping something off across the road. There'd better be another, or its coming via courier or I'm gonna be pissed
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I was able to launch it, configure my stuff and look at the unlocks. I'll play some of the campaign tomorrow evening. As soon as I showed up in the game, two people messaged me about AI issues. We'll see.
FFLink
There is.
Loving the aliens, now.

Lurker rage pounce = so good.

E: Holy fuck, people on the Steam forums are in a similar league to those who comment on YouTube videos. Game is getting bad reviews, but I'm not seeing it.

Last edited by FFLink (2013-02-12 04:03:32)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Well it arrived. Now I've just got to wait for Steam to actually decide to start up and try and install the game in less than half an hour. This system reminds me of installing from years ago.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard