'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria
If you can't destroy lights to set up ambushes in pitch black darkness like in the first Aliens vs. Predator game from 1999, this game will be instant fail.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

Oldest son played the beta on the 360.  Versus was majorly unbalanced.  Took way too many bullets to take down the aliens, which didn't even recoil when getting shot.  Even shotgun was shit.  Coordinated alien team of even just two aliens completely dominated.  Hopefully they balance it out better come release.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2012-11-21 11:30:45)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I'll miss the life cycle mode if they don't put that in.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

I liked single player AVP but the MP was shit. Form an orderly conga line to stealth kill everyone and be stealth killed while doing so.

Survivor mode as a human vs swarms of aliens was fun.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

AvP2 had the best multiplayer. Greatest balance, good modes. Two, three and four-way team deathmatches with frequent spontaneous alliances between factions to pummel a dominating one into the dirt. Predators and marines vs aliens, marines and corporates vs aliens vs predators, etc. The biggest bitch of all was marines or corporates and aliens vs predators because you had to swap viewing modes more often to get a clear picture of wtf's going on. It happened a lot because as balanced as the game was, if the players were all about the same skill, predators could still dominate easily.

But TOTALLY worth playing.

Life cycle was the biggest bitch of all because you started as a facehugger, had to find a player to...do things to, had to not get shot until you spawned as a lizard thingy. Then had survive until you could grow into a xenomorph. Hopefully you could get a kill or two before dying and having to start all over again. Frustrating, but still fun.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Have some

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

The alien AI in this game isn't the cleverest, is it? And why do they move so slowly? Also, the lighting seems a bit overdone. It reminds me of those first few games when colored lighting became available...and overused. Anyone remember this?

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The alien AI in this game isn't the cleverest, is it? And why do they move so slowly? Also, the lighting seems a bit overdone. It reminds me of those first few games when colored lighting became available...and overused. Anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_f-dWgglMo
One of my major concerns is the blood splatters looking a little cartoony. I just hope it doesn't end with too much of an arcadey look to it. Gameplay wise, arcadey shooting and so on, I'm not so bothered so long as it works well.

Still looking forward though. It'll be nice to see areas of the colony from the movie as well as the new bits.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I suppose there's that, but there isn't much hope if it's as console oriented as AvP3. I didn't like the game dictating to me where I could go with predator leaps or how I couldn't crouch as a marine.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Did they really need to make a story trailer? Without playing it, I already know what happens. Colony contact lost, marines sent to investigate, face rape and a few token hanging skinned bodies. But your pretentiously-jawlined marine still wins.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

and a few token hanging skinned bodies.
The fuck is wrong with you?

That's Predator.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

That looked terrible.

would have been neat if it the level design was less call of duty and more doom
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

AussieReaper wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

and a few token hanging skinned bodies.
The fuck is wrong with you?

That's Predator.
I'm 95% sure there will be one somewhere as an easter egg, or some old predator tech in a hidden room.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Did they really need to make a story trailer? Without playing it, I already know what happens. Colony contact lost, marines sent to investigate, face rape and a few token hanging skinned bodies. But your pretentiously-jawlined marine still wins.
Whatever happens in this game dictates what happens in any future movies or media related specifically to the Alien films. Somehow Prometheus ties in with it, but not Predator. I think if they took that route and brought the canon into AVP territory it would be a mistake. AVP should be a spin off, not the main canon. Though I do sort of hope whatever they do nulls 3 and 4. 3 wasn't so bad apart from the fact it made all the effort of escape in Aliens kind of pointless, and 4...well, not much needs to be said about why that should be eliminated.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Predator is irrevocably retroconned into Alien (even in Predator 2; remember the skull?), unless they're somehow two different universes now. If that's the case, then I've lost most of my respect for the franchise.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Predator is irrevocably retroconned into Alien (even in Predator 2; remember the skull?), unless they're somehow two different universes now. If that's the case, then I've lost most of my respect for the franchise.
True (though the Alien having a bony skeleton never seemed right. Even AVP didn't stick with this, since when a xenomorph gets its head cleaved open, there's no sign of any bone), but I tend to try and forget about Predator 2

I'm not opposed to the aliens and predators being in the same universe, but the AVP formula just seems really stale to me now. There's not a huge amount of variation with it. I'd much rather just stick with the aliens for this game. I think the inclusion of predators would spoil it as far as anyone wanting a proper sequel to Aliens is concerned.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Bony skull? Depends on the kind of alien I guess. They seem to mutate depending on what they gestate in, and it's a big galaxy.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

But TOTALLY worth playing.

Life cycle was the biggest bitch of all because you started as a facehugger, had to find a player to...do things to, had to not get shot until you spawned as a lizard thingy. Then had survive until you could grow into a xenomorph. Hopefully you could get a kill or two before dying and having to start all over again. Frustrating, but still fun.
And in the end you could transform into an alien queen, dominating the level.

IMO, it still is one of the best asymetrical multiplayer games, yet still so balanced and playable.

The one thing that I found a bit of a letdown was that you couldn't actually use that powered exoskeleton forklift thingie.
Only that military one with minigun, flamethrower and rocketlauncher.

It would have been awesome to reenact that in a multiplayer online game.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Bony skull? Depends on the kind of alien I guess. They seem to mutate depending on what they gestate in, and it's a big galaxy.
In Alien Ressurection that mutated alien had an uterus and gave birth to a different, more human-like alien species with bones.
Also, IIRC, in the story mode of the AvP2 expansion Primal Hunt it was explained or hinted at that you get different species depending on the host that gets... done things to.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

And the squid baby's xenomorph offspring in Prometheus was different.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard