.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6811|Marathon, Florida Keys
So i'm sure that some of you bf2s'ers visit/have visited your local pharmacy to get your cholesterol/blood pressure/diabeetus/water retention meds, maybe you have gotten sick and need a antibiotic (azrithomyacin/amox-clav/ciprofloxicin/ect). The pharmacy seems like a pretty quiet, non threatening place where nice people put little pills in a bottle and send you on you're merry way with a smile on their face. Maybe when you hear "pharmacy" you think of a pharmacist helping poor old mrs smith recommend something for her mosquito bites.  Well, i am a pharmacy technician, i do 5 times the work a pharmacist does and gets 1/7th the salary, and i'm here to tell you that the pharmacy is FAR from a non threatening place, and chances are 3/4 of the people behind the counter are prescribed a anti anxiety prescription or are raging alcoholics.

Ever worked a job where you are lied too 5+ times on a daily basis? Well I do! Every fucking day i get a crackhead with a oxycontin script 15 days early trying to get their shit. "Oh i dropped it in the toilet/my dog ate it/aliens took it/ fell in dishwasher/ran over with tractor/charlie sheen stole it" whatever the fuck excuse they have while they hand me their script with their hands shaking from withdrawal. My favorite ones are the people who say "dont bill it to my insurance" because if i do a message will pop up that they already had it filled at CVS or Publix or some other pharmacy. Tell a addict they're dope is too early and they go ballistic, I once was praying the drive thru window was bulletproof as i had some coked out ghetto ass white trash yelling every bad thing in the world at me in ebonics. Not only oxycontin, but EVERY SINGLE CONTROLLED DRUG THERE IS....oxycodone,dilauded, methadone, morphine sulfate, adderal, benzodiazapines (valum zanax klonipin), every damn type of hydrocodone. i know the shit in the pharmacy that gets you high better than any other drug category because i spend so much time dealing with addicts that are on them! FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. "I want the watson manufactured somas! i know the identifying numbers stamped in to each pill but i dont know my license plate number or SS number. I'm a platinum member of the watson-wonka narcotic factory!"
People drive 300+ miles to me because none of the pharmacies where they live will fill it for them! Putting up with the I SPEND HUNDREDS OF BUX ON GAS TO GET HERE argument is a hard one to deal with, i have to lie to these fuckers and say "sorry we dont have it, its on backorder from manufacturer so idk when we will have them" is the only way to get them off your ass and most of them know you are bullshitting them.

Insurances. The worst thing in the world. If there is a problem with your RX, its either because its a control and you are legally not allowed to get it now because its early, or you have a insurance problem. I spend more than 2 hours on the phone with insurance companies every fucking day. Considering we are always understaffed im running from register to the bins with a phone in my ear or counting pills with a phone on my ear because i HAVE to multitask to get anything done. Fucking people get mail order shit shipped to their home address and dont tell me so when i try to fill it at my store and i get a reject notice i get put 20 minutes on hold to find out they are on mail order RX plan. Picky ass insurance fucks that only pay for 30 days at a time when the person has been on the same maintenance med for 5 YEARS! Shit cover them for 6 months so they can peace the fuck out. Having to explain insurance problems to people while a heavy breathing line forms up behind them sucks harder than trying to suck ice cream through a straw. Soooooooo time consuming when i got a billion other things to do.

You have never experienced ignorance until you have worked my job! Because our store has a drive through that means these people think they are entitled to treat me like the guy at mcdonalds who hands your fat fucking ass your whopper with extra large fries and a McFlurry with oreo cookies in it. Whoever decided to put a drive thru in a pharmacy needs to be shot in the fucking face. After you hand me the little piece of paper with your doctors illegible hieroglyphics which requires me to call his non English speaking staff about to try to decipher, there is about 30 steps that is required to make sure you get the right stuff and don't end up dead. Most people don't realize this though, and im often asked "What takes so long, all you got to do is put pills in a bottle, whats the holdup?."

I have to:
-Circle doctor name, your date of birth, and docs phone number (I have to write your address on script to if its a control)
-Scan it thru my slow ass 1980's scanner
-Wait for some fuck up at central phone office to type it out when it would be faster for me to do it
-have him fax it back to us to fill
-pull label out of printer
-scan label
-find bottle of pills for you
-count out 150 Vicodin for your junkie ass
-print out label for bottle
-put it on bottle
-put auxiliary label on bottle
-put bottle of pills back
-bill to insurance
-give to pharmacist to verify
-make any corrections if needed
-call you up to counter
-charge you
-have to go redo entire insurance process over because you forgot to give me discount card with your script
-Any of the following "Oh, i wanted 3 months teehee" "I can only afford one month and you gave me three, please redo it for one" "i only want my meds that get me high, i don't want my blood pressure/cholesteral meds right now, i'd like 10 of these candy bars with my dope though"

I deal with: senile old people who FORGET TO TAKE THEIR MEMORY LOSS MEDS, bitchy soccer moms getting 3 strengths of Ritalin for their kid, crackheads, Rich people who think their shit doesn't stink and only want brand name drugs which we don't have stocked normally, medicaid welfare fucks who pay less than 10 dollars for every one of their scripts and freak the fuck out on you if medicare doesn't cover it while their escalade is out parked in the handicapped parking. Dealing with medicaid will turn you into an enemy of it, you will want to punch every liberal in the face who brings it up while telling them "why should my tax money go to these ungrateful pieces of shit?" Some guy who comes over here on a raft and lives off the state with no job and can't even speak english gets his shit for FREE, while i know a hardworking born and raised citizen who gets the same med has to pay $180 bucks a month to stay alive and he just scrapes by. Fucking bullshit.

Yes, i had a bad day at work. Yes, i am drinking heavily right now. Yes, this is a cool story bros and it was probably TL;DR. But next time you go in a pharmacy and your script isn't done yet, its probably because everyone in there is each working on no less than 5 things and probably more than 10 all at once. Have some understanding. Thank you.

Last edited by .:ronin:.|Patton (2011-09-07 18:53:02)

https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5038|Massachusetts, USA
I would say SCSB, but that job sounds like the shittiest job in the world to have in Florida.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
gurdeep
­
+812|4756|proll­y
but you dont know how to spell half the drugs you mentioned

also, mail me a bottle of 80s?

gurdeep wrote:

but you dont know how to spell half the drugs you mentioned

also, mail me a bottle of 80s?
typing in dark cant see keyboard, too tired to go back in correct. lol

80's can go for like 100+ a pill lol
gurdeep
­
+812|4756|proll­y
yeah, i know plenty of fiends around here. shit is pathetic
i like this thread, thank you for sharing
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Florida docs write like 5x the national average for prescription painkillers/anxiety drugs.

How much do you get paid?  Most people have to multitask at their jobs.  Welcome to the real world
gurdeep
­
+812|4756|proll­y

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Florida docs write like 5x the national average for prescription painkillers/anxiety drugs.

How much do you get paid?  Most people have to multitask at their jobs.  Welcome to the real world
rip billy mays
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
I don't have a job.
I'm a college graduate (4 year, Pac-12 university) and I've been looking for 4 months.
I send out about 3-5 resumes a day, EVERY DAY, and I've had 3 phone interviews.

Count your blessings.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

pirana6 wrote:

I don't have a job.
I'm a college graduate (4 year, Pac-12 university) and I've been looking for 4 months.

Count your blessings.
move out of washington
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

I don't have a job.

Count your blessings.
move out of washington
California is the place ya oughtta be! load up the truck, and move to Beverly
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Cali isn't too good on work right now.  I've been hitting the job listings pretty consistently for a few months now.  Job market is picking up a bit, but still fairly dismal
13rin
+977|6481
Call Senator Aronberg if you've got suggestions.

* He took down Ms. Cleo... Yes her...

Last edited by 13rin (2011-09-07 19:34:32)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

How much do you get paid?
Way less than i should for the amount of effort I put in.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5915|...

I have never had any issues at the pharmacy.  I must go at slow times.  Never had to wait behind more than 2 ppl and it always seems to go smoothly. 

I used to be able to write up a rant like this when I worked in hospitality.  Shit will make you go insane.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

How often do you get drug dealers, etc just trying to by methadone?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
I couldn't deal with all the old people.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

fuck you.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Insurances. The worst thing in the world. If there is a problem with your RX, its either because its a control and you are legally not allowed to get it now because its early,
How many drugs are on the control list? I would think that at least 90% of all psych drugs are on the list..
andros
Banned
+256|4714|HK Chitral, Pakistan
interesting post tbh.

i hate pharmacies tbh, the whole setting, the ppl, the fact that you're  near like hundreds of nasty pills.

good thing i hardly go to them, cept for anti-biotics a few times.
Philosophy, economics, culture, science, art. <3
13/f/taiwan
+940|5700

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Welcome to the real world
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
Ha, I skimmed and just thought "pharm tech" from all the bad stuff. Get your PharmD and it's smooth sailing, or so I'm lead to believe.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6794|Jupiter
I live in Florida as well, the drug problem is pretty bad here, so I can understand why you are so frustrated lol

DesertFox- wrote:

Ha, I skimmed and just thought "pharm tech" from all the bad stuff. Get your PharmD and it's smooth sailing, or so I'm lead to believe.
No such thing as smooth sailing. i know a rph that had to be prescribed zanax do counter the panic attacks she was having from the stress. It would be half as bad if we were given enough help, i gotta deal with cranky old people all day while im 20 scripts behind.

AussieReaper wrote:

How often do you get drug dealers, etc just trying to by methadone?
What do you mean, them walking up to me with a wad of cash wanting it?
No, you have too have a prescription to get any scheduleII, and a lot of these people sell 1/3 of their supply on the street so they can afford it and get high off the rest.

Last edited by .:ronin:.|Patton (2011-09-08 06:40:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard