Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Tonga beat France!

A shame it doesn't mean that Tonga will progress. Or that France would be knocked out. For that to happen the All Blacks would have to lose to Canada and Canada would also have to earn a bonus point. That just isn't going to happen. But Hell, that's a massive acheivement and a massive upset, easily equal to the Irish win over the Aussies.

Had Canada not caused their upset over Tonga early on Tonga would be progressing and France would be heading home right now. Such a shame.

I don't think Australia tried very hard against Russia. If they did then they need to work on their defensive game.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6590|Your attic
Jesus England do make it difficult for themselves, at some point Johnson is actually going to need to pick a first fifteen....
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4967|Dundee, Scotland.
fucking english. fucking itv commentators fucking piss me off as well.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke
Scotland...
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6190|Roma

coke wrote:

Scotland...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6571

owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke

Toilet Sex wrote:

owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned owned
We owned 'em more than that!
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6571

can't even put it into words

Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4967|Dundee, Scotland.

coke wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

hardly
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6571

ultra owned
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone
England sucks balls. Fact.

1 try v Scotland... my dead grandma could do that.

Ty wrote:

Canada is playing the All Blacks tomorrow. It's their last game of the pool stage and even if they win with a bonus point they can't get through to the quarter finals.
Yes they can. Just need to win by 51 points. TBH I think the ABs should throw the game.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6571

DrunkFace wrote:

England sucks balls. Opinion.
HTH

Oh yeah and Ireland

Last edited by Toilet Sex (2011-10-01 10:57:57)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke

Camm wrote:

coke wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

hardly, even worth Scotland travelling to tournament
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6571

it's just not a good day to be Scottish is it coke?

not that there is a good day

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke

Toilet Sex wrote:

it's just not a good day to be Scottish is it coke?

not that there is a good day

Probably the best day to be Scottish would have been when it was formally unified with England, other than that yeah can't think there are any others...
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

DrunkFace wrote:

Ty wrote:

Canada is playing the All Blacks tomorrow. It's their last game of the pool stage and even if they win with a bonus point they can't get through to the quarter finals.
Yes they can. Just need to win by 51 points. TBH I think the ABs should throw the game.
Yeah I said that before Tonga taught France a lesson in complacency.

It would be hilarious if the ABs threw the game as a sort of revenge for France having upset them in the 2007 World Cup. A cheap shot, but a fucking funny one.

By the way, I didn't think England's game was particularly convincing against Scotland. They're going to have to do better if they expect to make the finals, even with the so-called "easy" route there.

Edit: Dan Carter has just been ruled out of the rest of the World Cup due to injury. That sucks. He's a pretty crucial player, not just because of his kicking game but his ability to read play. He'll definitely be a loss for the All Blacks but hard to say exactly how much.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

All Blacks beat Canada 79 - 15, no surprises there. Definite signs that Dan Carter will be missed later on in the competition though, Colin Slade may have promise in the future but at the moment his kicking game is just not up to par, and kicks tend to win World Cups. He may continue playing with the #10 jersey but I think kicking duties will be handled by someone else, Piri Weepu perhaps who took over kicking when he came on the field and did a bloody good job.

12 tries though, never something to be sneezed at.

Anyone see the head-on smash between Tony Woodcock and Adam Kleeberger? Knocked them both out cold. Brutal.

Edit: Watched a bit of the Wales/Fiji game. Wayne Barnes should not be allowed to referee matches, the dude is blind. The third Welsh try was off a blatant forward pass and in the very next passage of play the Welsh threw two more forward passes and neither of them were picked up.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Okay so that's the pool stage over and done with it's sudden death from here on out.

Unbeaten Teams: New Zealand, England, Ireland, South Africa.
Most points for: New Zealand (240), Wales (180), Australia (173).
Fewest points against: South Africa (24), Wales, England and Ireland (34).

SO, quarter finals:

New Zealand will play Argentina
France will play England
Ireland will play Wales
Australia will play South Africa

Good fun. Looking forward to the Spingboks/Wallabies game, should be epic.

Last edited by Ty (2011-10-02 13:31:23)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Sturgeon
+488|4940|Flintshire
England play France and Wales play Ireland if I'm not mistaken Ty
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
italians are bad we are good that is all

and yeh england have france
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Yeah you're right, I buggered that up.

Man the media is really milking Dan Carter's tournament-ending injury. Even former All Black great Justin Marshall has said it bumps NZ from being the top contender to just one of the pack. There's no doubt that Carter is an incredible asset and his loss leaves a hole that can't be filled but I think having a disadvantage like this may work for a team who's biggest weakness at past World Cups has been overconfidence.

I just feel for the guy to be honest. The All Blacks will keep going on, the pressure on them remains unchanged. There are still a number of stand-out match-changing players in there and there's no reason why they can't still go all the way. But Carter has been working so hard for this, his career has been leading up to this moment. To have that ended by one freak injury had got to be terrible for the guy. I wish the media, if they're going to continue showing that footage of Carter in agony, remember that instead of taking the "woe is us we might not win the World Cup again" stance.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya

Ty wrote:

Yeah you're right, I buggered that up.

Man the media is really milking Dan Carter's tournament-ending injury. Even former All Black great Justin Marshall has said it bumps NZ from being the top contender to just one of the pack. There's no doubt that Carter is an incredible asset and his loss leaves a hole that can't be filled but I think having a disadvantage like this may work for a team who's biggest weakness at past World Cups has been overconfidence.

I just feel for the guy to be honest. The All Blacks will keep going on, the pressure on them remains unchanged. There are still a number of stand-out match-changing players in there and there's no reason why they can't still go all the way. But Carter has been working so hard for this, his career has been leading up to this moment. To have that ended by one freak injury had got to be terrible for the guy. I wish the media, if they're going to continue showing that footage of Carter in agony, remember that instead of taking the "woe is us we might not win the World Cup again" stance.
NZ are just preparing an excuse in case they lose
Sturgeon
+488|4940|Flintshire
Finally got a chance to watch the Wales Fiji game, Gethin Jenkins (following on from that try) desperately trying not to play like your typical prop and setting up a try by kicking it 60 yards down the pitch
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

I'd love to see either Wales or Ireland in the final. Mostly 'cause it'd stop England getting there and they were in the last few finals with their boring three-times-tables game.

Yeah, you're probably right LBJ. Silly really, the All Blacks without Carter are still the favourites to win and are still completely capable. And regardless of whether they had Carter or not they could have lost, it happened in Cardiff in 2007 and there's no reason it couldn't happen again.

One game at a time anyway. Australia will be thinking that heading into the game against the Springboks. Nice that one will knock the other out regardless of the result. I'm torn between whether I hope it's Australia or the Boks. I'd like the Boks out because I think Peter De Villiers is a twat but I'd like the Aussies out because I think they're more of a threat. Plus I have to deal with their gloating if they win another World Cup.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Sturgeon
+488|4940|Flintshire
I'd like Australia out because sboks have been poor so far and I'm glad that they won the group instead of us now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard