Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6143|Vortex Ring State

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

I'm kinda pissed about the M82, how the fuck are they gonna balance a semi-auto anti-materiel rifle?
One of the devs said that the M82 (and 12.7mm snipers in general) are not in the MP.

Very nice.
solution: require them to be deployed to fire, make them reduce your movement speed by 50% even when not equipped.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6612

Trotskygrad wrote:

I'm kinda pissed about the M82, how the fuck are they gonna balance a semi-auto anti-materiel rifle?
One of the devs said that the M82 (and 12.7mm snipers in general) are not in the MP.

Very nice.
solution: require them to be deployed to fire, make them reduce your movement speed by 50% even when not equipped.
BF2 tried that, and it was still the most OP fucking thing ever. It's better to just keep it out of the game. There is no requirement for them to be in.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6644|so randum

Trotskygrad wrote:

Very nice.
most snipers sit still in a bush when sniping so this wouldn't change anything
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6143|Vortex Ring State

FatherTed wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Very nice.
also add huge ass muzzle flash and firing noises... plus you can only carry 20 rounds (one in your rifle, one in storage)

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2011-09-17 19:56:12)

Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6471|Australia

Trotskygrad wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

also add huge ass muzzle flash and firing noises... plus you can only carry 20 rounds (one in your rifle, one in storage)
Between 3D spotting, silhouettes and scope glare finding the sniper will be pretty easy as is. The ammo nerf won't help either - on 64p conquest, that's still potentially 640 rounds of OHK sniper ammo for one team. Stick a support in there, and it's infinite.

So long as you nerf everything but power, you're going to end up with a rifle that's either stupidly overpowered or completely useless in a given situation. I like BF2's approach - The M95 didn't kill in a single bodyshot, but it was the only weapon able to kill pilots and it bypassed body armor, meaning you took off 95% of the enemies health regardless of their class. It wasn't OHK, but it was still capable of doing things the other rifles couldn't because of its power.
I suppose it's a bit harder in BF3, seeing as they're trying to go for a more 'realistic' approach to weapon/bullet behavior. I think it's better that they leave it out entirely then put in an OP weapon.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6612

Trotskygrad wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

What's going on is that you are trying to force the gun into the game just so that it can be in the game. The way you have it, it will not be as fun for the shooter to use compared to the standard rifles, and it will be significantly more aggravating to have to fight against. All decreasing the carried ammo and move speed and requiring it to be deployed does is make it a chore to use, but it's still a OHK weapon, and one that is designed for camping to begin with, so any limitations on mobility are not going to impact its effectiveness. Guys will just run to the sniper spot nearest their spawn and rake in OHKs while support guys will throw down ammo packs next to them knowing they'll need them. The weapon will make them super campers.

There is nothing saying that you must have this weapon in the game. BF3 isn't going to have an MP5, a Bren gun, a FAMAS, an AK-47, an RPD, or an M79, so why does it need a 12.7mm sniper rifle?

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2011-09-18 09:50:12)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6367|Escea

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/28748/IGLA.jpg

Just unlocked this.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6612

M.O.A.B wrote:

Just unlocked this.
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6351
What i think should happen with the 0.50 sniper rifle is its not available in MP, BUT the server randomly hides it somewhere in the map (not the same place each time). So if your a sniper your running around and you find it hidden in some rocks or a building or some other place random, then it could add some interestng aspect to the match.
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6351
I dont know wether to physically buy the game, or try and download it and get capped.

I am on the Three BIG PLAN though on my iphone so I could download it on that, in a city i see 10MB/s which is about 400x the rate I get downloading at home most of the time!
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5932|Catherine Black

twoblacklines wrote:

What i think should happen with the 0.50 sniper rifle is its not available in MP, BUT the server randomly hides it somewhere in the map (not the same place each time). So if your a sniper your running around and you find it hidden in some rocks or a building or some other place random, then it could add some interestng aspect to the match.
that's fucking retarded.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5828|SQUID
I'm so happy they put the AS VAL in.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,054|6766|Little Bentcock

Finray wrote:

twoblacklines wrote:

that's fucking retarded.
sounds like a 90s FPS
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5828|SQUID
Yes, that would be an interesting feature on on a map the size of say.....Zatar Wetlands. Random spawn location.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6734|Your attic

Adams_BJ wrote:

Finray wrote:

twoblacklines wrote:

that's fucking retarded.
sounds like a 90s FPS
You mean from when PC based FPS's were king?

(and awesome)
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6612
The M1014 is the shittiest gun in this game. All the others are pretty good though.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6367|Escea

I didn't like the 870 at first, but since I found a server that didn't lag, its pretty badass. Neat that the mag tube extends when you get the extra rounds unlock.

Still wondering why the SVD isn't actually an SVD though. Just seems odd considering the authenticity they were going for in the weapons department.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
It isn't an SVD?

It's a semi-auto rifle based on the AK platform, what more do you want?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6367|Escea

I'm not particularly bothered by it, since the only real difference is the magazine. Nomenclature would call it an SVD. I'm just curious as to why they chose to use this particular model.

The one ingame is a Norinco NDM-86 that fires 7.62 NATO, its the same gun that was in MOH's MP.

https://www.imfdb.org/w/images/6/67/Ndm86.jpg

https://www.imfdb.org/w/images/3/3f/SVD_Rifle.jpg

Kinda nitpicking with it like

The RPK-74 isn't one either, its an old RPK.

The weird thing is that they seem to have paid stringent detail to most weapons and unlocks, but others almost seem to have been left out.

Like, if you use M320 on the rifle with the AK, it turns into a GP-30, but then the suppressor for the Russian guns is the wrong type. Some things are correct, and some things aren't. It just seems like an unusual mix-up.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6612
I'm more annoyed that the GL doesn't have a sight when you mount it on the AR.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6612
I just got the Saiga. Now I am positive that the M1014 is the shittiest gun in the game. The fucking M9 is a better primary wepon.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
I'm not so sure, the GL is pretty damn bad. Even landing it at their feet only does about 50 damage.

I never liked GLs in any game, but that's just too weak.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6612

Finray wrote:

I'm not so sure, the GL is pretty damn bad. Even landing it at their feet only does about 50 damage.

I never liked GLs in any game, but that's just too weak.
If it's too good then no one will carry the medic pack. I'd rather it be underpowered than overpowered.

Also

Noob-Tube? More like Pro-Pipe!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6367|Escea

I'm getting the hang of the GL, especially for lobbing rounds onto people at range. The frag rounds can be good for it when you get into the subway. Sometimes it does a lot of damage and kills like 2-3 peeps, other times it gives just splash, and won't kill even with three grenades splashing the same person.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5897|Roma

I just got the Saiga. Now I am positive that the M1014 is the shittiest gun in the game. The fucking M9 is a better primary wepon.
The saiga is pretty bad tbh, the firecrate is too slow and doesn do enough damage.
The m1014 on the other hand, unlock extended mag, slug and eotech and its will be an awesome longrange/cqb weapon.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard