Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6860

-Sh1fty- wrote:

ROGUEDD

Unless you're in the military, I've probably used more firearms than you have. I've fired an AK47, an AK74, an AK47S, an AK74U, and whatever other random weird models I've fired of 'em. I've shot XM-177E1s, XM-177E2s, M16A1s, M16A2s, M4s, etc. Those are just the two AK/M16-esque rifles I've fired. So I think I know what the hell I'm talking about.

Cybargs, I'm talking about the irons, not the optics, if you don't agree with what I said about irons, post your argument, if it's about optics, which I'm not talking about, please hush.
I like AK irons better than M16.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6860
btw the sights have nothing to do with the mechanics of the rifle so why are you claiming that all AK's are inaccurate POS' anyway.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6367|Escea

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5617|Ventura, California

Cybargs wrote:

btw the sights have nothing to do with the mechanics of the rifle so why are you claiming that all AK's are inaccurate POS' anyway.
I just don't think the human eye can line up AK sights at a target 500 yards away as well as one can with an M16 peep hole.

https://www.69hdflh.com/untitled_clip_image005_0000.jpg

vs

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_59GYpEVAu0U/TM5k0neiAHI/AAAAAAAAAgY/X8zQzmktqbU/s1600/ar-15-sight.jpg

and that is the big peep hole, not the small one^^ Get what I'm trying to tell you? 

I don't know enough about weapon design to say which is more accurate, but with the human element and the iron sights I think any gun with a peep hole is more accurate than open sights. So MP5s, M14s, M1 Garands. M1 Carbines, G3s, FN-FALs, etc.

Again, I've shot open sight weapons, and peep hole weapons. The MP5 has a peep hole AND open sights and I can get a better grouping with the peep hole.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6915|PNW

Off topic, editing a flame to add something on-topic doesn't make it any less of a flame.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6143|Vortex Ring State
sights are no indication of what a gun is built for

the SVD uses the same sights as the AK, yet is obviously built for accuracy

GTFO
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6367|Escea

Funny how the SVD has a closed front post, like the Norinco's, instead of open like the rest of the AK family.
Trotskygrad
бля

M.O.A.B wrote:

Funny how the SVD has a closed front post, like the Norinco's, instead of open like the rest of the AK family.
It's a legacy from the old sniper MN1891s

seems like all snipers have closed front posts, even the SV98 (BC2 lol)
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Trotskygrad wrote:

sights are no indication of what a gun is built for

the SVD uses the same sights as the AK, yet is obviously built for accuracy

GTFO
sigh

The AK sights aren't designed for accuracy, while the M16's are. The AK47 and Ak74's design is one of reliability over accuracy, while the M16's is for accuracy.

This is probably the lamest video I could possibly give as proof but watch the part where the Ak is firing in slow motion.

Trotskygrad
бля

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The AK47 and Ak74's design is one of reliability over accuracy, while the M16's is for accuracy.
it's still built for accuracy

I rest my case

oh and that video depicts an AK-47/AKM

that's a very different gun from an AK-74

AK74 is designed to have a lot less recoil

you want to play the youtube game?

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2011-08-24 13:11:16)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Whatever Trotsky, have you ever fired either of the two weapons? You're arguing for the sake of arguing.

If somebody has the choice between an AK74 with iron sights and an M16 with iron sights for an accuracy match, guess which one he'll pick?

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2011-08-24 13:43:38)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6853|England. Stoke

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Whatever Trotsky, have you ever fired either of the two weapons? You're arguing for the sake of arguing.

If somebody has the choice between an AK74 with iron sights and an M16 with iron sights, guess which one he'll pick?
Well that's a silly thing to say.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I meant for an accuracy shooting competition. Not just pick between the two.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5502|London, England
There goes shifty the death worshiper.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
PM arguments should stay in PMs.

Stop being such a tool/child Jay.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

-Sh1fty- wrote:

PM arguments should stay in PMs.

Stop being such a tool/child Jay.
Join the army and stop being such a pussy.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Trying to join the Marines first, than the Army.

Having some major high school diploma issues right now because of moving here from Switzerland. They want me to be at a high English level but I don't want to be stuck in high school another 6 months.

So this school year I'm going to work my butt off to get the diploma earlier than 6 months and then I can join. If the Marines don't like my eyesight the Army said they'd take me.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I would laugh my ass off if I saw your scrawny, ugly ass walking into MEPS.
-Frederick Bastiat
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
innit hil-a-ri-ous that a small guy might want to serve? You'd think only big guys get that feeling.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
You'll be as useless as tits on a bull.
-Frederick Bastiat
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
tits are awesome on anything

stfu and gtfo
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Stop trying to act like an expert on shit you have no clue about.
-Frederick Bastiat
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6923|Great Brown North

-Sh1fty- wrote:

tits are awesome on anything

stfu and gtfo
shifty likes T-girls

-Sh1fty- wrote:

So I think I know what the hell I'm talking about.
when i was little i thought house hippos were real

what you think =/= the truth
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6641

Jay wrote:

Stop trying to act like an expert on shit you have no clue about.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6853|England. Stoke

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Trying to join the Marines first, than the Army.

Having some major high school diploma issues right now because of moving here from Switzerland. They want me to be at a high English level but I don't want to be stuck in high school another 6 months.

So this school year I'm going to work my butt off to get the diploma earlier than 6 months and then I can join. If the Marines don't like my eyesight the Army said they'd take me.
If your English isn't up to standard to get an American high school diploma, you should definitely stay in school until it fucking is...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard