loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6641|Columbus, OH

RTHKI wrote:

@riotcleanup

I guess people are starting to organize a clean-up campaign, hopefully the timing is not too premature.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6771|England. Stoke
Salford BBC reporter attacked, and BBC radio manchester car torched...
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6829|UK

Uzique wrote:

my grammar is fine, yep. thanks for trying, though. you seriously want to go down that route? rofl. i'm sure you'll come out tops, brainiac.

my guess is just that: a guess. are you seriously saying that all the commentary in today's press is people "trying to suggest [they] know" what the rioters are rioting for? i guess no one that isn't from tottenham or an inner-city slum can even try to explain the rioting behaviour, then? wow. sounds like you're just being a grouch because you're pissy at me for some biographical detail that is completely irrelevant. nice one. i'll write in to the times promptly for the letters section tomorrow morning: "sir, i find it utterly reprehensible that you would try to cover this event in any way whatsoever, being an educated middle-class journalist that simply cannot capital-i Identify..."
Lol, you went down that route. Deal with people calling your guess retarded if its a guess. The fact that you had to defend your guess speaks volumes.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6533

Vilham wrote:

I touch type, deal with it. Nice grammar btw.
and as if touch typing excuses incorrect spelling, haha. if it was a typo, maybe. a wrong spelling, no. nice life, btw.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5420|London, England

coke wrote:

Lol some Manc guy on the phone to the BBC shitting himself 'cus the police baton charged.
baton charged? like they held out their batons like lances and charged down the block? That would be awesome to watch lol.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6771|England. Stoke

Vilham wrote:

Uzique wrote:

my grammar is fine, yep. thanks for trying, though. you seriously want to go down that route? rofl. i'm sure you'll come out tops, brainiac.

my guess is just that: a guess. are you seriously saying that all the commentary in today's press is people "trying to suggest [they] know" what the rioters are rioting for? i guess no one that isn't from tottenham or an inner-city slum can even try to explain the rioting behaviour, then? wow. sounds like you're just being a grouch because you're pissy at me for some biographical detail that is completely irrelevant. nice one. i'll write in to the times promptly for the letters section tomorrow morning: "sir, i find it utterly reprehensible that you would try to cover this event in any way whatsoever, being an educated middle-class journalist that simply cannot capital-i Identify..."
Lol, you went down that route. Deal with people calling your guess retarded if its a guess. The fact that you had to defend your guess speaks volumes.
The pair of you, NO ONE ELSE GIVES A FUCK.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6829|UK
/slow clap

Great argument. Haha
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6771|England. Stoke

Jay wrote:

coke wrote:

Lol some Manc guy on the phone to the BBC shitting himself 'cus the police baton charged.
baton charged? like they held out their batons like lances and charged down the block? That would be awesome to watch lol.
Nah just rushing in en masse wielding 'em about.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5851|Catherine Black

coke wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Uzique wrote:

The pair of you, NO ONE ELSE GIVES A FUCK.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6533

Vilham wrote:

Uzique wrote:

i'm only "defending my guess" because you are (wrongly) claiming that i am trying to capital-i Identify with them. i'm not. just postulating a possible underlying cause for this behaviour. as i keep saying, some thing that every affluent journalist and commentator in the country is doing this morning. there's a huge difference between suggesting a possible (theoretical) reason and saying you are completely down with the kids and understand their cause. i defended my post, which was the former, because you were trying to troll and claim it was the latter. not so. let it go now?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique wrote:

It's kind of funny the way they keep going on about what they believe is the causes, then some wanker from the street in an interview, who watched them on tv the night before parrots their words of excuse, which in turn makes the original intelligentsia wankers believe they were right all along. All these rioters need to do is complain about cuts in council spending or whatever and the liberals of your country will bend over backwards to fellate them. Too funny.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6533
im pretty much of the opinion that these people aren't educated or aware enough about the macro-scale economics and politics of their situation to voice an eloquent protest. they are completely uneducated, wholly ignorant, and only responding to their gut feeling. so i don't know whether it's a laughable situation re: bleeding-heart liberals or a sad situation re: a genuinely lost generation of people.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Gooners wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

you goin LANDAN goons?
yeah, ldn/birmingham :-)
erm, anyone know if gooners is alive? D:
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6533
he's from fucking ilford, definitely dead at least 3 days ago.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
bummer.

rip mek and gooners
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6771|England. Stoke
Or he's been arrested while looting JD Sports.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique wrote:

im pretty much of the opinion that these people aren't educated or aware enough about the macro-scale economics and politics of their situation to voice an eloquent protest. they are completely uneducated, wholly ignorant, and only responding to their gut feeling. so i don't know whether it's a laughable situation re: bleeding-heart liberals or a sad situation re: a genuinely lost generation of people.
Right, these are not the type of people that read Marx and decided on a well planned underclass revolt in order to topple the bourgeoisie. They just decided that looting and arson was more fun than playing video games or banging the hood rat that their friend knocked up last year. Looting and arson is hard work, they'll soon grow tired of it and quit, just like every other job they've held in their life
-Frederick Bastiat
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6562|so randum
hazel blears actually talking sense on bbc holy fuck
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6533
to desertfox, here's a video of those not-so-talked-about turkish storeowners that take the law into their own hands.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2011 … NETTXT3486

ironic that the communities sticking together closest and taking care of themselves in london are the foreign ones.

and yeah galt... that's right. minus the condescension. i don't really get off on crass stereotypes for people living in poverty. idiots? yes. criminals? yes. but i don't know about the whole "tired of every job they've had in their life" stuff... this is the type of reactionary-spiel bollocks that gets bandied around a lot now by the right-leaning middle-class people (as opposed to the left-leaning liberals that will try to defend it at any cost). i don't think either side is right, really. the conservative right-wing people that react by saying "these people are only confirming how worthless they are as human beings" are totally ignorant of the problems, too. all the people saying "ship these useless fuckers off to afghanistan..." etc. are just lolworthy.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Finray wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

you goin LANDAN goons?
yeah, ldn/birmingham :-)
erm, anyone know if gooners is alive? D:
Cammy BBM'd him yesterday, he aite
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6533
jesus as if you're actually that concerned about someone... just vicarious drama loving.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I can only speak from my own life experience uzi, but I've seen people from the ghetto quit work at the drop of a hat more often than I've ever seen them work their tail off. I remember one guy quit on his first day after he found out that he would be paid bi-weekly instead of weekly. That was too much for him. Most (not all) people that live in the ghetto are there because they are lazy. Work ethic is something you learn from your environment, not genetics. The people I knew growing up spent more time and effort trying to game the system in order to avoid work they considered beneath them, than they spent actually employed. Hell, I knew one ghetto mom that studied the laws so much in order to fuck over the system that she eventually was able to pass the bar exam without going to law school.
-Frederick Bastiat
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6771|England. Stoke
oh dear the IPCC say there is no evidence that Duggan fired at the police...

Lidl looted and set on fire in salford

Last edited by coke (2011-08-09 12:19:38)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6562|so randum
nooooo they're burning down aldi
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6533

Jay wrote:

I can only speak from my own life experience uzi, but I've seen people from the ghetto quit work at the drop of a hat more often than I've ever seen them work their tail off. I remember one guy quit on his first day after he found out that he would be paid bi-weekly instead of weekly. That was too much for him. Most (not all) people that live in the ghetto are there because they are lazy. Work ethic is something you learn from your environment, not genetics. The people I knew growing up spent more time and effort trying to game the system in order to avoid work they considered beneath them, than they spent actually employed. Hell, I knew one ghetto mom that studied the laws so much in order to fuck over the system that she eventually was able to pass the bar exam without going to law school.
your own experience, exactly. you can't speak for job prospects in inner city areas like that. there are so many socio-economic factors affecting things in so many multiple complex ways that i couldn't even give an apt summary. i just know it's a much more complicated situation than any crass and unwieldy political statement will explain. right or left. sympathetic or critical.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard