ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

They probably do sound better than your Steelseries. Gaming headsets aren't up to much.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4844|Amsterdam
For music, yes, no doubt.
But its not worth the way higher price.

For that kind of money you could find better music-only headphones or a better gaming headset.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6758|Scotland

Kampframmer wrote:

I know a few people that have the dre beats solo. My brother is one of them and he just wont shut up about how great they are. then again, he is a marketing sucker that cant look at a single subject objectively. He keeps claiming how they sound better than my steelseries siberia v2 and how buddies sennies (dont know which one's, but they sound better than the solo)
Basically you pay for something that you can get of equal quality for half the price just so you can look like a douche from a music video.
Hahahahahah.

Anything by Beats, Dr. Dre, Skullcandy, Wesc etc is utter shit. Totally worthless. The highest end Monster earphones are the only ones even worth looking at and they cost £250+

Check us out, in all honesty, we pretty much hit your budget.
http://shop.frogbeats.com

I'd brag about them all day long, but you can see for yourself that they're pretty decent -
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/562 … ted-review
http://9811194.blogspot.com/2011/07/sun … ition.html
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/552 … ve-edition

It's up to you which ones you go for; they're totally different sound signatures and it's a matter of preference.

Getting in newer models as well, all under $100 and fucking amazing. Also getting in the best dynamic IEMs out right now (VSONIC GR07) but they are $179 (excluding 15% discount which I'll give you). Brands we'll have in soon are HiSoundAudio and DUNU. Got samples in right now and my god are they good.

If you want any proper breakdown of the best earphones you can get for under $100 and an objective view on it I can give you a few links. Names to drop in the under $100 are Hifiman, HiSoundAudio, VSONIC, Jays, MEElectronics, Etymotic (not if you're looking for bass heavy).

Don't even consider Sennheiser, Ultimate Ears and the sort. Not with your budget. At that budget their models are commercially aim and suck large balls. The Ultimate Ears suggestion from Kmar is not worth the money, not even close. You only start looking at them for the Triple Fi's, Sennheiser with the IE8s and so on. The much more expensive ones are the only worthwhile ones.
^ i second that, in the market for an upgrade to my 3 yr old iphone headphones i use for workout. Would like to have a microphone init. Under 75$
Names to drop in the under $100 are Hifiman, HiSoundAudio, VSONIC, Jays, MEElectronics, Etymotic (not if you're looking for bass heavy).
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6758|Scotland

You also shouldn't be paying attention to the Frequency range. Fact is most earphones just put 20Hz - 20,000Hz to satisfy the commercial idiots who take that into account. If you look at the most expensive earphones you'll see they actually give you an exact frequency response and its usually lower than the 20 - 20000.

For example:
http://www.1964ears.com/products_triples.html (my next pair, ordering soon)
Frequency range: 30Hz - 17kHz. These are probable some of the best customs on the market, and as you can see the frequency response is smaller than the ones documented on most commercial earphones.

Sunrise Audio and the other brands are pretty much a description of what you're looking for. VSONIC is more neutral which you might not like... but the HiSoundAudio; Sunrise Audio, Jays and DUNU lines have an amount of bass you'll like. The Hifiman range might be lacking in bass for you. The Etymotics as well.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

Zimmer wrote:

You also shouldn't be paying attention to the Frequency range.
I made this mistake a couple of times. .. and what the zim says is absolutely true.

Although, I was happy with the Ultimate Ears 600vi (aprox $75). For the price I think they're pretty good. Just make sure when you do pick a set that you shop around. Even in the $75-150 range I've seen the prices vary by as much as $50.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

Zimmer wrote:

Check us out, in all honesty, we pretty much hit your budget.
http://shop.frogbeats.com
Oh wow.. I'm looking for a second pair myself (just for the gym). I'll have a look.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

^ i second that, in the market for an upgrade to my 3 yr old iphone headphones i use for workout. Would like to have a microphone init. Under 75$
Names to drop in the under $100 are Hifiman, HiSoundAudio, VSONIC, Jays, MEElectronics, Etymotic (not if you're looking for bass heavy).
which ones do you suggest master zimmer?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

the ones he's getting that cost more than your player

lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6758|Scotland

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

From what selection, from all the ones I said? It's entirely up to you and what you're looking for really.

Both the Sunrise Audio's have a huge sound stage and the Xcited is slightly brighter and has a snappier bass. The Xcape is a lot deeper and warmer and has thick mids with a strong bass. Two very different sound signatures - I actually prefer the Xcited even though it's meant to be a downgrade to the XCape. It's all about preference.

Both have a fantastic build quality (encasing of pure aluminium) and come with the same accessories.

Then comes the HiSoundAudio Crystals, that retail at $99. I should be getting them in soon hopefully. They're actually quite a bassy earphone but with astounding clarity. Second smallest dynamic driver earphone in the world. I really like them and find myself switching to them a few times in the day because of their signature. Still, more bass than I would like, as I like a totally neutral sound.

MEElectronics A151 balanced armature driver I have not tried, but I hear good things about it, especially with build quality and clarity. People say it's quite bright and isolates well. You can get it for well under $100.

Etymotic MC2/MC5 are the ones to go for if you purely want great isolation. They go deepest in your ears, but they sacrifice a lot of bass and are quite treble happy, so they don't suit a lot of people's preferences.

DUNU fits quite a wide range of preferences. The DUNU Tridents are about £19 and sound fantastic for the price. Build quality in comparison with all the ones I've stated is unparalleled and they isolate great. Quite bassy and not a neutral sound, but it's warm and really non-fatiguing. Can listen to them for hours. The Ares and Crius are between $60-80 (Ares more expensive) and they are both balanced armatures. They are a lot brighter than the Tridents or Hephaes (both dynamic drivers) but sacrifice a little bass for that. My preference is the Ares or the Hephaes (their flagship model at $93). The Hephaes is lovely and warm and has a really tight and accurate bass, whilst the Ares tends to favour more mids and the vocals sound great on them. The drums/guitars sound amazing on the Hephaes.

I've tried a good number of earphones in the past few weeks, and value for money with them is astounding. I'd still pick the Sunrise Audio Xcited's over ones I've mentioned with certain music, but they all have their strengths.

My current pair are the VSONIC GR07's, but they make the rest of the collection sound poor in comparison. However, they are not under $100. Easily the best dynamics out right now, or on par with the Sony EX1000s (rrp £500).

At the end of the day it's a matter of personal opinion. All the ones listed are great bang for buck, it's whatever one takes your fancy and is the cheapest for quality and sound.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
public welfare message: stop using semi-colons wrongly; it's not cool
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
You know your product..

Were you raised by dolphins to get this awsum hearing capability you've aquired?

Do any of these have mics?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
sonofabitch im sick of these dolphins
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
gurdeep
­
+812|4757|proll­y
why do you need a mic for an ipod when youre working out? silly kim
dont have ipod, that's so 1999. i use my cell phone. Mic so i can multitask when i chat. Why are your shoes untied ig? *ahp.. made ya look!
gurdeep
­
+812|4757|proll­y
not wearin shoes
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6758|Scotland

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

You know your product..

Were you raised by dolphins to get this awsum hearing capability you've aquired?

Do any of these have mics?
It comes from listening to them for quite a long period of time. I've got good ears, I can hear just above 21000Hz and down to about 18Hz... but it's all about general experience with a lot of different products. When you have two infront of you and you chop and change from them, you can tell the difference quite easily, even if you're not well versed in all this.

There are some from HiSoundAudio that do have mics, but I don't believe they're particularly good (I have all the samples from them) and would spend a bit more for other ones.

I don't know many with mics... The Etymotic MC2 has a headset, but you might find the lack of bass an unpleasant thing.
hexify
+5|5352|Canada
Sony MDR-V6. They're around $80 in Canada.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/eb8872cebb08c046204abcc26a2b5cc159f8e98c.png
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6758|Scotland

hexify wrote:

Sony MDR-V6. They're around $80 in Canada.
They are not portable headphones.

Reading Superior's post again - Why do you want fabric cable? A good rubber cable will not break under duress unless you're a thug with it. A fabric cable breaks just as easily as a rubber one. Why do you think that not many brands use the fabric? Because it shows no significant advantages over normal ones. Microphonics can also increase with fabric cables.

However, the earphones that do use fabric are the Xears over at xears.de. I got a good number of samples off them and was quite impressed. A bit of driver flex problems and don't come in any sort of nice case, but sound real nice for the price.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

I've never bothered with active noise-cancelling headphones.

Are they worth it? I spend a lot of time on a train to and from work, but don't know if the extra price is justified.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney
I'm also now in the market for some good earbuds for use with my iPhone... any pointers?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I'd never wear earbuds if I was moving about, and when I'm not I have no reason not to use large headphones and/or speakers. Earbuds can give the inside of your ears rashes.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
lol wtf. how about you buy some earbuds that don't use low-grade toxic chinese plastic... haha rashes.

i only wear earbuds when im moving out and about because of (a) sound isolation in busy/noisy public spaces (b) sound containment (no one likes the douche bleeding noise and music into the office stall 3 rows down from him, uhn tish uhn tish uhn tish...) and (c) you look like a fucking retard walking around a public space with huge-ass headphones on top of your head. earbuds are discreet and normally pack a much better sound-experience for the money.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6758|Scotland

Haha ear rashes. What the fuck.

Can we please use the correct terminology though?

Earbuds =
https://shetells.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/earbuds1.jpg

IEMs (In-ear monitors), Canalphones =
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31PqAodj6dL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And earphones apply to the general everything. You confuse me when you start talking about earbuds... Surely you don't want the shit that sits on your ear.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney
Ok, I'm looking for some decent IEMs.

I saw some Klipsch S3s at JB Hifi this evening, I pondered but didn't purchase as I wanted to do some research first and I doubt they'll let me try them out before buying, due to hygiene concerns. Anyone had any experience with these?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard