Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

lowing wrote:

I don't care what he posted, that does not mean what he did had anything to do with his religious beliefs
so why is it that muslim extremists that post on islamic terror websites with anti-west hate aren't just crazy, insane and infirm nutjobs when they commit attacks? if there's no link between a christian posting fundamentalist hatred on the internet and his attacks the next day, why does it incriminate a muslim? why aren't the muslim extremists just nutjobs - a screw loose in the head?

you are so fucking OBTUSE it is unbelievable. some day you will be smacked out of your ignorance and will probably put a bullet in your head, the lifelong fucking idiocy being such a shock.
because they tell you WHY they attacked, and Islam is their reason... When this guy states he killed these people in the name of CHristianity or Jesus, I will concede.
he just posted on christian fundamentalist hate websites. what more do you want? a signed note from baby jesus?

you are impossible.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6731|St. Andrews / Oslo

Uzique wrote:

like, he rigged bombs, carbombs, orchestrated a perfectly timed and completely un-noticed (intelligence and public suspicion wise) terrorist attack, by all accounts just as 'successful' as any AQ or specially-trained terrorist cell attack... and then went on a gun killing spree with more kills than pretty much any other in recent history? admittedly killing children is of course absolutely atrocious, but just on the face of sheer statistics and organisation alone, this guy has been scarily effective.
The guy is smart, went to one of our best high schools. He's been described as a quiet person by people who met him, and he spent a lot of his time posting on the web-site of an anti-muslim organisation. And then he did all this without offing himself at the end, and I bet he'll be laughing through his hearing well. Paints the picture if a typical right-wing extremist. We've had a similar guy before, but not even closae to the same scale.

Witnesses say they've seen a second shooter. They just arrested a guy outside the hotel where the survivors are staying, but he claims to be a party member who brought a knife for protection. I tend to believe him, too bad the media are blowing that arrest out of proportion if indeed he is innocent.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

Uzique wrote:

hey lowing, he went to a holiday camp and shot children. would you prefer europe to have gun laws so that kids are allowed to carry guns for self-defence? does america allow adults to carry weapons at children's summer camp, for 'protection' and the 'upholding of personal freedom'? no? okay then. shut the fuck up and stop turning this into some 'europe vs america' bullshit with your ignorance.

p.s. to your first statement, here's the statement of the police chief that has the guy in custody

Andersen said the suspect also posted on websites with Christian fundamentalist tendencies
shut the fuck up you have been silenced.
Whatever you say, I don't recall a single incident where someone was able to shoot 84 plus people before someone took him out.

as I said, I don' care what he posted I wanna know why he did this, they are possibly 2 separate issues.

We had a guy last year fly his airplane into an IRS building, killing some people, he might have been very religious, but he flew his plane into the building over his tax issues. Motive and beliefs are not necessarily interlocked
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
He parked a truck bomb and went on a rampage in a remote area full of young and defenceless people.
Not really too hard to plan or do, unfortunately.

I still don't know if maniacs latch on to religion or if religion tips some people over the edge.
Probably a bit of both.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

Motive and beliefs are not necessarily interlocked
Except when it comes to mulsims, plus they smell bad.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

Uzique wrote:

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

so why is it that muslim extremists that post on islamic terror websites with anti-west hate aren't just crazy, insane and infirm nutjobs when they commit attacks? if there's no link between a christian posting fundamentalist hatred on the internet and his attacks the next day, why does it incriminate a muslim? why aren't the muslim extremists just nutjobs - a screw loose in the head?

you are so fucking OBTUSE it is unbelievable. some day you will be smacked out of your ignorance and will probably put a bullet in your head, the lifelong fucking idiocy being such a shock.
because they tell you WHY they attacked, and Islam is their reason... When this guy states he killed these people in the name of CHristianity or Jesus, I will concede.
he just posted on christian fundamentalist hate websites. what more do you want? a signed note from baby jesus?

you are impossible.
nope, a motive would be what I would ask for.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

hey lowing, he went to a holiday camp and shot children. would you prefer europe to have gun laws so that kids are allowed to carry guns for self-defence? does america allow adults to carry weapons at children's summer camp, for 'protection' and the 'upholding of personal freedom'? no? okay then. shut the fuck up and stop turning this into some 'europe vs america' bullshit with your ignorance.

p.s. to your first statement, here's the statement of the police chief that has the guy in custody

Andersen said the suspect also posted on websites with Christian fundamentalist tendencies
Whatever you say, I don't recall a single incident where someone was able to shoot 84 plus people before someone took him out.

as I said, I don' care what he posted I wanna know why he did this, they are possibly 2 separate issues.

We had a guy last year fly his airplane into an IRS building, killing some people, he might have been very religious, but he flew his plane into the building over his tax issues. Motive and beliefs are not necessarily interlocked
you think the police chief in charge of interrogating this guy would mention his nationalist, fundamentalist christian beliefs for no reason in the press release? why not just say "he likes long walks on the beach in his spare time", too? if the press correspondence is an exercise in fucking irrelevancy, i mean. you are being extremely evasive. as i said, 99% of european nationalism is linked to some form of white, christian identity. they are inseparable issues, entirely interlocked in these anglo-saxon ideologies.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

People from the middle east certainly can smell bad, and most I have run into certainly do.

but dilbert, when you have someone blow something up and cite his religion for it, it is hard to deny his motive. We do not know this guys motive yet.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...

lowing wrote:

The fact that he was on a very tiny island surrounded by freezing water made it very easy for him to shoot down a lot of these kids. This has nothing at all to do with gun laws.
inane little opines
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

People from the middle east certainly can smell bad, and most I have run into certainly do.

but dilbert, when you have someone blow something up and cite his religion for it, it is hard to deny his motive. We do not know this guys motive yet.
i look forward to his christian-nationalist statement being released into the press soon, so i can sit here with a cheshire cat grin and you can shut the fuck up, duly corrected.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

Uzique wrote:

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

you think the police chief in charge of interrogating this guy would mention his nationalist, fundamentalist christian beliefs for no reason in the press release? why not just say "he likes long walks on the beach in his spare time", too? if the press correspondence is an exercise in fucking irrelevancy, i mean. you are being extremely evasive. as i said, 99% of european nationalism is linked to some form of white, christian identity. they are inseparable issues, entirely interlocked in these anglo-saxon ideologies.
I think the police chief is looking at his religious beliefs as a possible reason, but I don't recall hearing for a fact that it WAS the reason. If  I am wrong correct me.

As I said, when Europeans start blowing up shit, in the name of White Christianity, let me know. What more can I say? Also, if one of these white christian nutjobs does something wrong, say rape a woman, does that mean his motive is automatically because he is a white christian?
Jenspm
penis

Many people hate the Labour party's absolute dominance since the war. Many people feel they've 'ruined Norway' and opened the bords far too much. This guy could well have been one of them - he was deep into the far-right, probably a racist, and probably lived by the "Norway for Norwegians" slogan that so many of our extreme right-wingers live by. I'm guessing that that would be at least part of his motive.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...
lowing you're always the first to start screaming about religion of peace, Islam and all that whenever anything happens involving a muslim, regardless of wether or not the crime was committed with faith as the primary motivator (which it actually never is, 'Islamic' terrorism has much more to do with the history between the ME and the west than Islam, the religion only functions as a good tool to indoctrinate and influence - nothing more). It's hilariously hypocritical that you're defending this guy's beliefs right now.
inane little opines
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5960|Places 'n such

Shocking wrote:

lowing wrote:

The fact that he was on a very tiny island surrounded by freezing water made it very easy for him to shoot down a lot of these kids. This has nothing at all to do with gun laws.
^this.
There was no chance of escape, as evidenced by the 20 or so people he shot in the water as they were trying to flee.
He would have been stopped sooner had the police/army not been responding to a massive bomb attack...
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique wrote:

i look forward to his christian-nationalist statement being released into the press soon, so i can sit here with a cheshire cat grin and you can shut the fuck up, duly corrected.
Don't bother, unless he was holding a bible and reciting verse while comitting the crime lowing will dismiss any linkage.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-07-23 04:50:38)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715
lowing wouldn't say the same thing if he was black or hajji.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5960|Places 'n such
even then it wouldn't be solid evidence he did it in the name of christianity.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...

presidentsheep wrote:

^this.
There was no chance of escape, as evidenced by the 20 or so people he shot in the water as they were trying to flee.
He would have been stopped sooner had the police/army not been responding to a massive bomb attack...
tbh I have to say that the response was extremely slow. Right next to the capital he was allowed to go on a spree for more than an hour. You'd expect a CT team to drop in from a helicopter within 10-30 minutes.
inane little opines
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5960|Places 'n such
for srs, i dont think the guy did this in the "name of christianity", it's more complicated than that, as uzique pointed out, white nationalist european movements are pretty intertwined with christianity.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5960|Places 'n such

Shocking wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

^this.
tbh I have to say that the response was extremely slow. Right next to the capital he was allowed to go on a spree for more than an hour. You'd expect a CT team to drop in from a helicopter within 10-30 minutes.
Yeah, but as far as shootings go he was in the perfect location to go on a shooting rampage. This isn't to say the police didn't take far too long to respond though, but I can see how it happened.

Last edited by presidentsheep (2011-07-23 04:54:53)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
lowing the ONLY way this could have been prevented or put to a stop by civilian vigilantism is if the laws allowed people to carry firearms at children's summer camps - political summer camps, no less. just be quiet. there isn't a gun law argument to be had here.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique wrote:

lowing the ONLY way this could have been prevented or put to a stop by civilian vigilantism is if the laws allowed people to carry firearms at children's summer camps - political summer camps, no less. just be quiet. there isn't a gun law argument to be had here.
Not even that, they just need a few Police around.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...
Response teams should be ready to go any minute after a massive bombing attack. There was a timespan of 2 hours between the bombs and the shooting spree, there's absolutely no excuse for the police / army to have acted as slowly as they did. A very tragic situation tbh.

But yes, he did pick the best spot to start shooting people. Very scary.. to be trapped on a tiny island having a man with a gun trying to kill you.
inane little opines
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
as already said the emergency services were on a huge alert to the bomb attacks that happened 20 miles away. that's a very small area - probably the same local jurisdiction. jens already said, live as it was happening, that they were evacuating the entire capital area, on full terror alert. it's kind of like the same thing that happened with fighter jets being scrambled on 9/11 and being engaged elsewhere with an ongoing, complicated terror attack. there's a huge element of chaos and confusion in the midst of these events, without doubt, and it's fairly absurd to say "they should have had police officers there on guard". it's fairly easy to see that the immediate emergency services reaction was to scramble all available units in the area to the (perceived) area-under-threat.
Jenspm
penis

The police were scared to go in - they had small inflatable boats and there was a crazy shooter with no qualms about shooting at them as they aproached. That's why it took so long. (not excusing them, mind)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard