Slap on the wrist (mark on file, additional training)10%10% - 5
Fired with no charges22%22% - 11
Fired and charged62%62% - 30
Other0%0% - 0
Total: 48
13rin
+977|6478

SEREMAKER wrote:

as a CWP holder, I've been pulled or at checkpoint - I just hand over my license and my permit and sometimes they ask where it is, most just nod and hand it back to me

but I live in a somewhat gun friendly area so its not unusual to come across a few with a CWP
I don't tell em shit.  I'm not required to in Florida though sooo.  If they want to search me or my vehicle then I'll let them know, but other than that... It's none of their fucking business.

Last edited by 13rin (2011-07-22 11:07:49)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5472|Ventura, California
I'd like to see this cop learn a lesson from this, but I wouldn't want to keep him on the force for this type of thing to happen again.

Why did the police officers stop and go search the vehicle in the first place?

On a side note, can cops carry whatever handgun they want? Or do they have to use a certain weapon?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I'd like to see this cop learn a lesson from this, but I wouldn't want to keep him on the force for this type of thing to happen again.

Why did the police officers stop and go search the vehicle in the first place?

On a side note, can cops carry whatever handgun they want? Or do they have to use a certain weapon?
they spotted this car in an area known for its trouble meaning prostitution and the hour of the nite doesn't help the D case and having a lady walk to the passenger side

the search : was bc they pulled out the black male passenger and they just began a search of the area of where he was sitting at in the back of the car

cops carry what the dept issues and its mostly glock in either 9mm or .40
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6388

13rin wrote:

I don't tell em shit.  I'm not required to in Florida though sooo.  If they want to search me or my vehicle then I'll let them know, but other than that... It's none of their fucking business.
In Florida, if they ask if you're carrying a firearm do you have to answer accurately?

In Arizona, AZ ARS 13-3102, if a cop asks if you're carrying a firearm you must answer accurately.
Failure to do so is a Class 1 Misdemeanor punishable by 6-months maximum imprisonment and/or $2,500 maximum fine.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Aren't cops supposed to intervene only if something illegal happens? Is suspicion of prostitution a situation where a cop can just legally walk on over and search the vehicle, and tell everybody to fuck off?

Did the driver, woman, or passenger do anything illegal is what I'm trying to figure out.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2011-07-22 11:59:02)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Aren't cops supposed to intervene only if something illegal happens? Is suspicion of prostitution a situation where a cop can just legally walk on over and search the vehicle?
no

Last edited by eleven bravo (2011-07-22 11:59:02)

Tu Stultus Es
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
How did that search benefit the cop in any manner? Was he just wanking his power dick for lulz?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

-Sh1fty- wrote:

How did that search benefit the cop in any manner? Was he just wanking his power dick for lulz?
you don't know if it will benefit tell you do a full search
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I thought cops weren't allowed to just search vehicles whenever the heck they wanted.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6713|US
Go read up on 4th Amendment law.

Actually, quite a few cops in the US support CCW, as most people who go through the process are not the types they have trouble with.  A few cops have also been saved by civilian intervention with legally carried firearms.  General support does vary quite a bit by region though.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5998|Vortex Ring State
ohey, example?

Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6576|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Give this cop a medal! This is the way things should always go...but well, we dont live in a perfect world, instead we get to deal with asshole most of the time...One good cop for sure!
13rin
+977|6478

west-phoenix-az wrote:

13rin wrote:

In Florida, if they ask if you're carrying a firearm do you have to answer accurately?

In Arizona, AZ ARS 13-3102, if a cop asks if you're carrying a firearm you must answer accurately.
Failure to do so is a Class 1 Misdemeanor punishable by 6-months maximum imprisonment and/or $2,500 maximum fine.
Not sure to be honest.  I all ready decided to disclose that info if asked.  Volunteer?  Hell no!

Last time I got pulled, I set it on my gas tank and just handed him my license/registration.  He did't elevate the situation so I felt no need to disclose more information than necessary.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13rin
+977|6478
Ah... I forgot about 'color of law.'

If it is deemed that the officer intended to or used abused/his power to facilitate this harassment 'just because he could'... Some States, have laws that could tack a bit on.
rhinoh2o74
+13|6304|oHIo
Ohioans for Concealed Carry website

UPDATE 7/22/2011: Canton Police announced Thursday that the officer was relieved of all duties in June following an internal investigation complaint filed in this matter. The local Canton Repository has done some additional investigatory work into the officers and an excellent analysis of the video / audio we posted. The video and story has gone both viral and national crossing over to websites not typically affiliated with the pro-gun movement. Shortly after 7:00pm Thursday our website could no longer handle the volume of visitors we were receiving. We promptly quadrupled the resources behind OhioCCW.org in light of the popularity of this story.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

west-phoenix-az wrote:

I find you one more time tonight I'm gonna put lumps on ya
And every time I'm putting you in the computer. I see this car I'm pulling you over and I'm towing it. I'm gonna pull that car over, tow it, and you're going to jail every time.
Those aren't threats, abuse of power? Wow, I don't even know what to say if you can't see a HUGE problem with an officer making those statements - not to mention the shooting statements.

Police are not above the law, but this cop knows he can get away with shit and probably has. All the arrests and convictions the officer has participated in are now in question - especially those that claimed similar actions by the officer. If I was a juror I wouldn't trust anything this officer said or wrote in his report. He has lost all creditability.
They're obviously threats and should be prosecuted as such.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

SEREMAKER wrote:

the search : was bc they pulled out the black male passenger and they just began a search of the area of where he was sitting at in the back of the car.
Being black justifies a search?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Give this cop a medal! This is the way things should always go...but well, we dont live in a perfect world, instead we get to deal with asshole most of the time...One good cop for sure!
That cop was great! I have 3 friends that are cops and they're all like that. I'm proud to know 'em.

Unfortunately the county I live in has a lot of lousy cops though.
13rin
+977|6478
I want more of those guys about... Police Officers like that I respect.

*edit:

Video taper guy was kinda an asshole, the Police Officer showed him much more respect than returned.

Last edited by 13rin (2011-07-22 21:53:43)

west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6388
I've read similar comments a few times. How was the man who was stopped less respectful or disrespectful? Just because a cop is nice or acts like your friend doesn't mean he is - he has a job to do. Apparently the cop was trying to get more information than the man was required to give and the man decided to not give that info. That doesn't make him disrespectful or an asshole in my opinion. It appears to me the officer was dispatched because some pussy Californian called about a man with a gun. Their laws are fuckin stupid over there and obviously aren't working. I think its good that some people in California still want to exercise their right, even though their firearm laws are shit. The more often you are around someone carrying a gun or see someone carrying a gun the more likely you're to come around to it (become comfortable or accept it). It's a good argument for open carry. Not only bad guys and cops carry guns and the those that think so really need to see otherwise.

Why are police being dispatched to "check" someone not breaking the law? It's a waste of police resources and tax payer money. When someone calls 911 to report a man with a gun, the 911 operator should ask what's going on. If the man isn't doing a damn thing, why even dispatch the police? When they are dispatched, just roll by, check it out, no need to stop and investigate unless a crime is being committed. This harassment of those carrying firearms is unacceptable. They do it because most people don't want the hassle and it's a way for them to limit who carries - just like the way they issue, of shall I say refuse to issue, their permits in the majority of the state.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6147|'straya
If you carry a gun in public then you can expect that every now and then someone will be unnerved by it. Other people want to feel safe and the police are well within their rights to check the permit of a man carrying a gun in public. The last thing they want to happen is for someone to report a person carrying a gun, police don't respond and 10 minutes later that person shoots up a shop or something with an illegal weapon.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Oh wow I had no idea that was from California! I had to watch it again to hear he was from Oceanside.

Anyway, do you need a permit to carry an unloaded weapon with a loaded magazine on you that isn't in the gun?
CC-Marley
+407|6827
Shifty yes..
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

jord wrote:

Come on lowing, defend the badge...
Very frustrated and yes unprofessional acting cop, that maybe should get a desk job, something that pulls him off the street. Do we ever learn if the guys story was the truth or full of lies?
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.

lowing wrote:

jord wrote:

Come on lowing, defend the badge...
Very frustrated and yes unprofessional acting cop, that maybe should get a desk job, something that pulls him off the street. Do we ever learn if the guys story was the truth or full of lies?
I don't see the point in keeping him in gainful employment and still representing the police force. Sends a message that it's not a big deal to do this shit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard