Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS

Poll

What should happen to this officer?

Nothing4%4% - 2
Slap on the wrist (mark on file, additional training)10%10% - 5
Fired with no charges22%22% - 11
Fired and charged62%62% - 30
Other0%0% - 0
Total: 48
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|5345


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc

Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk / Threatens

Uploaded by ohioccwdotorg on Jul 20, 2011

On June 8, 2011 the following unfortunate arrest took place in Canton, OH. Notifying the policy when you have a firearm is required by Ohio Law, but when this individual with a thirty-day old license tries to do that he is repeatedly ordered to look away, shut up, or interrupted and "forced" to change what he is speaking about by the actions of an aggressive cop who maintains verbal control of the situation.

A two man car dealing with three people put itself at risk when one officer started what appears to be an illegal search of the rear of the car without extracting or securing the driver - which would have given him an opportunity to notify.

What follows is horrific example of a police officer losing all self-control, threatening to beat the female, threatening to beat the driver and eventually saying he should have executed him "and wouldn't have lost any sleep over it" that night.
Whether or not you think the man attempted to notify the officer, what do you think about how the officer handled the situation?
What should happen to the officer?
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|5298|Atlanta, Georgia
Fired and charged

Disturbing the peace.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|5524|Mountains of NC

if we are to be jury for the officer, I would like to know why he flipped
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|5345
Watch the video.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|5524|Mountains of NC

I'm not sitting through 17 mins of vid, plus I'm not in a location that I can have volume on
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
tuckergustav
...
+1,590|4870|...

I am only a few minutes into the video and I am wondering why they didn't remove the driver from the car for the search of the back seat...
...
Cheeky_Ninja06
Member
+52|5689|Cambridge, England
"protect and serve"
eleven bravo
Member
+1,399|4215|foggy bottom
if the driver was black youd all be on the cop's side

Last edited by eleven bravo (2011-07-21 09:30:12)

Tu Stultus Es
tuckergustav
...
+1,590|4870|...

ok...so, I understand that it probably got their adrenaline flowing to learn that one of the officers was digging through a car while the guy in the front seat was armed.  I have talked to cops before about "routine" traffic stops being very unpredictable because the cop is at a tactical disadvantage.  So, I can understand the anger...but I also think the officer is just a dick of a person in general and it sounds like he has had a few bad days in a row.

eleven bravo wrote:

if the driver was black youd all be on the cop's side
If the driver had been black, the cops would not have let him stay in the car while searching it.  They would have had everyone on the ground with palms on the ground...

Maybe this will be a lesson to be a little more careful on the cops part.  They were just careless.  If this had been a bad guy with bad intentions at least one of those cops would be shot.  It is their responsibility to secure the situation.



On the other hand...guy sounds like a dope.
...
jsnipy
...
+3,275|5479|...

Officer is way the fuck out of line in many regards
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|5524|Mountains of NC

so I ffw through and read the text



fuck the cop ..... fire him and fry him ........... power tripping motherfucker he seems to be, hide behind the badge and shove your authority around is the vibe I catch off that bitch




I know it ain't a good idea to run your mouth off to a cop but the sec one sat me down in the back of his cruiser, cuffed and starts running the mouth off about caving in my head and shit, I would be pushing him to the edge with my mouth



seems the whole situation was handled wrong, I know the D tried to tell the OF but was advised to keep quiet but he should have also at the permit in hand and holding it up when he got lite up ... but I didn't see where the OF asked to search vehicle and he didn't pull the D out before the OF began the search which any good cop knows to pull everyone out, ask permission ( illegal search and seizure ) and then begin search process
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
eleven bravo
Member
+1,399|4215|foggy bottom

SEREMAKER wrote:

so I ffw through and read the text



fuck the cop ..... fire him and fry him ........... power tripping motherfucker he seems to be, hide behind the badge and shove your authority around is the vibe I catch off that bitch




I know it ain't a good idea to run your mouth off to a cop but the sec one sat me down in the back of his cruiser, cuffed and starts running the mouth off about caving in my head and shit, I would be pushing him to the edge with my mouth



seems the whole situation was handled wrong, I know the D tried to tell the OF but was advised to keep quiet but he should have also at the permit in hand and holding it up when he got lite up ... but I didn't see where the OF asked to search vehicle and he didn't pull the D out before the OF began the search which any good cop knows to pull everyone out, ask permission ( illegal search and seizure ) and then begin search process
something kinda like that happened to me and I ended up with a 10 month court battle
Tu Stultus Es
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|5524|Mountains of NC

eleven bravo wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

so I ffw through and read the text



fuck the cop ..... fire him and fry him ........... power tripping motherfucker he seems to be, hide behind the badge and shove your authority around is the vibe I catch off that bitch




I know it ain't a good idea to run your mouth off to a cop but the sec one sat me down in the back of his cruiser, cuffed and starts running the mouth off about caving in my head and shit, I would be pushing him to the edge with my mouth



seems the whole situation was handled wrong, I know the D tried to tell the OF but was advised to keep quiet but he should have also at the permit in hand and holding it up when he got lite up ... but I didn't see where the OF asked to search vehicle and he didn't pull the D out before the OF began the search which any good cop knows to pull everyone out, ask permission ( illegal search and seizure ) and then begin search process
something kinda like that happened to me and I ended up with a 10 month court battle
ouch, was something along the lines of having an unloaded weapon or was it loaded but no CWP
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
eleven bravo
Member
+1,399|4215|foggy bottom
it was a dumb cunt bitch la sheriffs deputy who didnt believe I just got out of active duty even after showing my i.d. and i called her a dumbass.
Tu Stultus Es
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|5345
http://www.cantonohio.gov/police/

http://www.facebook.com/notes/canton-police-department-ohio/dash-cam-video/207621069290829

Dash Cam Video
by Canton Police Department (Ohio) on Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 6:57am

I want to assure our citizens that the behavior, as demonstrated in this video, is wholly unacceptable and in complete contradiction to the professional standards we demand of our officers. As such, appropriate steps were placed in motion as dictated by our standards, policies and contractual obligations. Those steps included: The officer immediately being relieved of all duty. The incident has been referred to the Internal Affairs Bureau for what will be a complete and thorough investigation. As bad as the video indicates our officer's actions were, there is a due process procedure to follow. That process is designed in the best interest of both our employees and the citizens at large. That process will be followed in this case as in all others. Anyone shown to be in violation of our rules and regulations will be help appropriately responsible as dictated by all the facts. ~Chief Dean McKimm

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2011-07-21 10:57:50)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,896|5728|USA

tl;dw

The description was more than enough.
13rin
Member
+977|5435
Wow...  If that is SOP for a stop and search in Ohio, then someone needs to rewrite the manual.  You pull everyone out of the car and then search it.  If they had done that to someone who actually wanted to harm those guys, both officers would be dead.

I also don't know when calling people 'haus' instead of 'sir/maam'  became acceptable practice for a LEO.  That 'officer' was a jerk and I don't understand how a guy like like that passes a psychological evaluation.

The jerk cop was looking for a fight.   He refused to listen to the man and berated him at every opportunity.  He threatened to 'put lumps' on the woman and said basically he was going to harass the lawful carrier every time he saw him henceforth.  Power fucking tripping much?  The 'officer' seemed to about have that roid rage aura going on.  I initially voted for the mark/training option, but have since changed my mind.  He needs to be fired for behavior that.  People like him carrying a badge and gun scare the living shit out of me.  The Capt'n needs to seed everyone to training.  Hell, I don't really even know why the police stopped to search that car to begin with.

*side note:  The other officer seemed pretty mellow.  I'd hate to be him and have to sit next to that asshole every day for a 12 hour shift.  Hellish.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13rin
Member
+977|5435

west-phoenix-az wrote:

http://www.cantonohio.gov/police/

http://www.facebook.com/notes/canton-police-department-ohio/dash-cam-video/207621069290829

Dash Cam Video
by Canton Police Department (Ohio) on Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 6:57am

I want to assure our citizens that the behavior, as demonstrated in this video, is wholly unacceptable and in complete contradiction to the professional standards we demand of our officers. As such, appropriate steps were placed in motion as dictated by our standards, policies and contractual obligations. Those steps included: The officer immediately being relieved of all duty. The incident has been referred to the Internal Affairs Bureau for what will be a complete and thorough investigation. As bad as the video indicates our officer's actions were, there is a due process procedure to follow. That process is designed in the best interest of both our employees and the citizens at large. That process will be followed in this case as in all others. Anyone shown to be in violation of our rules and regulations will be help appropriately responsible as dictated by all the facts. ~Chief Dean McKimm
Works for me.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|5345
Stopped because of the neighborhood they're in and the time of day. Apparently that's enough these days
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|5524|Mountains of NC

this isn't the 1st time ive read problems coming from Canton
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
13rin
Member
+977|5435

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Stopped because of the neighborhood they're in and the time of day. Apparently that's enough these days
Hmmm.  The driver was fucked regardless of what he did and said.  I'll be interested to see if the charges are dropped. 
I had thought that driving with headlights off was a no, no...  I know they don't run lights and sirens on the was to a breaking/entry as not to alert the baddies, but what they were doing seemed like a bad idea.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|5671|US
Not knowing the individuals involved/area/etc might have an impact.

I voted Fired not charged.
The LEOs involved were acting stupidly.  How do you leave a guy in the driver's seat while searching?!
Threatening to beat people should get him fired.  Saying he should have executed the driver should get him fired.  Completely unprofessional. 
Normally, I would say charge him, but I think firing him and writing an EXTREMELY negative file is enough.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,711|5693|Oxferd Ohire

13rin wrote:

Wow...  If that is SOP for a stop and search in Ohio, then someone needs to rewrite the manual.
doubt that..but ohio is fucked up
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,914|5588|949

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Stopped because of the neighborhood they're in and the time of day. Apparently that's enough these days
happens more than you seem to think.  they also pull people over based on skin color and age.
13rin
Member
+977|5435
I've often wondered what a 'suspicious vehicle' looks like...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard