Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5197|Sydney

lowing wrote:

For you to deny that is nothing more than putting blinders on.
LOL

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-07-08 18:17:27)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6670|USA

Jaekus wrote:

lowing wrote:

For you to deny that is nothing more than putting blinders on.
LOL
Wow another half quote, leaving out context, what a shock.
Jaekus
+957|5197|Sydney
I just find it ironic is all, just like my sig.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6670|USA

Jaekus wrote:

I just find it ironic is all, just like my sig.
Find what ironic Jaekus?
Jaekus
+957|5197|Sydney
I rest my case
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6670|USA

Jaekus wrote:

I rest my case
you rest your case? I was waiting for you to present one. Ya know, something more than, I am right, cuz you are stupid, but whatever go ahead and rest.
13rin
+977|6497
This is just the stoopedest idear.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Jaekus
+957|5197|Sydney

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

What happened with your google search? Who the fuck in history has NEVER been hated or discriminated against? and then name a job that gays are excluded from, because they are gay. Lets have it.
Gays were excluded from the military up until, erm, now.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14056365
No, they weren't. They just couldn't talk about their sexuality. Straight people aren't supposed to either. Considered unprofessional. DADT didn't prevent gays from serving.
Looks like that's about to change - Obama gives final approval to let gays join military
US president Barack Obama has announced a ban on gays serving openly in the US forces will end in September as he certified that the nation's military is ready to accept them among its ranks.

"Today, we have taken the final major step toward ending the discriminatory 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' law that undermines our military readiness and violates American principles of fairness and equality," Mr Obama said in a statement.

He was speaking after signing a certification with defence secretary Leon Panetta and the top US military officer, chairman of the joint chiefs of staff Admiral Mike Mullen, that the US military was ready to accept gay troops.

The repeal of the ban, dubbed Don't Ask, Don't Tell, will now come into force in 60 days' time, on September 20.

The ban was overturned in a law adopted in December that first required the top military officer, the defence secretary and the president - who is also commander-in-chief - to certify that the change would not harm military readiness and that the armed forces were ready to carry it out.

In the interim, the Pentagon has drawn up new manuals and prepared the entire armed forces, some 2.3 million people who serve as both active troops and reservists, for the new policy.

"As of September 20, service members will no longer be forced to hide who they are in order to serve our country," Mr Obama said.

"Our military will no longer be deprived of the talents and skills of patriotic Americans just because they happen to be gay or lesbian."

Former soldiers and gay rights groups have fought for years to overturn the ban, introduced in 1993 as a compromise after military chiefs rejected a bid by former president Bill Clinton to open the doors to gay soldiers.

Don't Ask, Don't Tell required gay troops to keep quiet about their sexual orientation or face expulsion from the forces, and an estimated 14,000 service members have been kicked out of the military under the rule.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard