lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA
http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityhall/6 … acism.html

Can someone please tell me how gun laws, that apply to everyone is racist toward the "black and brown" communities?

I mean when will it ever come to pass where the fault of a persons' behavior is the responsibility of the person?
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6706|US
Rather ironic considering many gun laws were created to restrict minorities from legally possessing arms.
Quite a few laws which require permits or are discretionary in nature operated with the assumption that if you are not the right color, you wouldn't get a permit (esp. in the south before the civil rights movement!)
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5953|Places 'n such
Please can everyone just ignore this shit? It's going to be another pointless thread of circular logic.
No-one will discuss anything.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
Usually it's the opposite side of the argument, that black people are discriminated against because they have higher felony rates among their community and thus are prohibited from owning weapons or voting. This... is a new one. Meh, who cares? Guy is an idiot. No one forces 'black and brown kids' to buy weapons and shoot each other. It's not the guns fault, the culture is to blame.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

RAIMIUS wrote:

Rather ironic considering many gun laws were created to restrict minorities from legally possessing arms.
Quite a few laws which require permits or are discretionary in nature operated with the assumption that if you are not the right color, you wouldn't get a permit (esp. in the south before the civil rights movement!)
This is talking about now, not 1900. How is there racism in gun laws that are applied to everyone?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

presidentsheep wrote:

Please can everyone just ignore this shit? It's going to be another pointless thread of circular logic.
ironically, starting with YOUR post ^^^^^
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5693|College Park, MD
ANOTHER NOTCH on the belt of Obama's empire of lies
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

presidentsheep wrote:

Does DST really affect your life so much that you have to beg people to not respond in a thread you don't like by a poster you don't like?

wouldn't it be better if you didn't want to post in it, that you should just stay out of it?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
he didnt reply the first time. lol
Tu Stultus Es
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6437|The Land of Scott Walker

lowing wrote:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityhall/6145603-418/top-cop-garry-mccarthy-likens-federal-gun-laws-to-racism.html

Can someone please tell me how gun laws, that apply to everyone is racist toward the "black and brown" communities?

I mean when will it ever come to pass where the fault of a persons' behavior is the responsibility of the person?
When the law mandates pistols have sights on the side of the slide, a gun law will be racist.  Until then, not so much.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North
his argument is so fucking stupid i don't think we even need to point out how wrong he is
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

krazed wrote:

his argument is so fucking stupid i don't think we even need to point out how wrong he is
Well he sure gets the applause.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6706|US
...it's Chicago.  If you say anything about racism or restricting guns, some people will like it.

It's much easier that actually trying to solve the major issues in violent crime.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6688|NJ
Hmm I thought most Gun laws were State Passed. Also he did raise a valid point "We can NOT arrest our way out of crime"

That's a really logical and really TRUE things I've heard in a while.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Hmm I thought most Gun laws were State Passed. Also he did raise a valid point "We can NOT arrest our way out of crime"

That's a really logical and really TRUE things I've heard in a while.
THAT part I understand what he is saying, however, just how far is society supposed to go to get away from crime? How much catering does it take to make sure people do right by society, in America especially where you have the freedom of choice There has to be a point where society has done enough for an individual and it is time for that individual to be held accountable. I think all the tools one needs to make in this country are already available, you can not force people to utilize them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard