Swainy
+1|6650|UK, England
Can you actually do this?
I've tried putting down all three types and i just couldn't pick them up. I tried my use and pickup kit keys but to no avail, so im pretty confused.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6786|England
This feature was taken out of the patch at the last min due to it "not being ready".
DuVeL
+2|6667|New Gitland, the Netherlands
Ah okay, I've tryed it last night with C4 aswell and wanted to know aswell. Good post, good answer.
Swainy
+1|6650|UK, England
Alright, thanks Kobrakai.
itchypantz
+0|6657|Vancouver Island, Canada
Ya..  actually I am pretty disappointed with the new handling of the mines/claymores/c4.  This has been a feature in all Battlefield titles.  In 1942, the same class as laid them had to pick them up.  I am sure it was the same in BFVietnam. 

There NEEDS to be a way to pick up the explosives!!!!!
In the original release of BF2 you could not pick them up (maybe unless you laid them), but they were possible to get rid of.  I did appreciate that tanks cannot blow them up and neither can AA vehicles or what-have-you.  I think if that was the case, there would be a lot less use for them.  I often see them and would dearly love to be able to clear them, but..    not with the Armour!!!

Up until version 1.2, I could get rid of them (friendly and enemy) with a grenade...   but...  I had to get out of my tank and toss a 'nade.  This put me at great risk of gettin shot and thereby, the mines were effective, even when I knew they were there. 

I definitely feel that pickin up mines/c4/claymores needs to be a function in the game.  I believe the way it was done in BF 1942 is the right way -- with the same class havin to pick em up.  I also really like bein able to do it the a 'nade.  I am glad tanks can't clear their own way.

This particular bit is my only beef with V 1.2.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6694|Germany
Hmm,there's a big problem in implementing that:

Example: I run around the map,pick up every claymore I can find and place them back at the exact same spot = I'm stealing kills from a teammate.

Another one:Ohh,I'm outta C4?Let's just take these here which some noob just planted...yay...toss away...

The engineer has the ability to disarm them with his magical wrench,that's a nice idea but no one uses the damn engineer except for lame ass shotgun-assaulting...
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6677|Denver, CO
this should only work on enemy explosives IMO
{CN}420
+30|6675
??? You can pick up mines with the wrench.
MrKamikaze
+10|6639|East
never tried..

i just try to avoid lol
Lobsters
+0|6669

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Hmm,there's a big problem in implementing that:

Example: I run around the map,pick up every claymore I can find and place them back at the exact same spot = I'm stealing kills from a teammate.

Another one:Ohh,I'm outta C4?Let's just take these here which some noob just planted...yay...toss away...

The engineer has the ability to disarm them with his magical wrench,that's a nice idea but no one uses the damn engineer except for lame ass shotgun-assaulting...
originally you can only pick up the ones YOU placed but that feature wasn't implemented in this patch
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6671|Canada Eh?
Ive done it a few times as engineer, removing mines. repairing stuff, some of you should try it sometime.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard