Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4848|Amsterdam

Shahter wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Pretty sure i have the original.
Is there away i could check that?
rmb on the desktop - is there a "catalyst" option?
yup
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6780|Moscow, Russia

Kampframmer wrote:

The black screen and increasing whirring (which is not from my gfx card, but i think form my processor cooler) are a much bigger issue.
this is what i was talking about. you "think" it's from the processor, or you are sure? does it load bios post screen? does it display anything at all or just stands there, with black screen, making noise?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4848|Amsterdam

Shahter wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

The black screen and increasing whirring (which is not from my gfx card, but i think form my processor cooler) are a much bigger issue.
this is what i was talking about. you "think" it's from the processor, or you are sure? does it load bios post screen? does it display anything at all or just stands there, with black screen, making noise?
Well, im not 100% sure on this (i'll pay more attention next time it happens), but i think it didnt get past the bios screen, i dont even think it got to the bios screen. Cant remember seeing anythgin more on the screen after the dell loading bar (bios comes after that).

menzo looked at it once and thought it was the procesor cooler, and he's probably right.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6780|Moscow, Russia

Kampframmer wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Well, im not 100% sure on this (i'll pay more attention next time it happens), but i think it didnt get past the bios screen, i dont even think it got to the bios screen. Cant remember seeing anythgin more on the screen after the dell loading bar (bios comes after that).

menzo looked at it once and thought it was the procesor cooler, and he's probably right.
from what you told me and if it doesn't even get to the bios post screen i'd say it's caused by either your gfx card or lack of power.

to check, you'd need a spare gfx card and a power supply unit. ask around, maybe you'll find somebody who'd lend stuff to you. if you are in a mood to tinker with stuff a bit and are not afraid of getting your hands dirty, you could disassemble your psu and check if it's got any of those leaking capacitors we were talking before (there's a lot of them inside, make sure you check everything thoroughly). if you find any - replace the psu in any case.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4848|Amsterdam
only checked the capacitors with the case open, so the ones that are visible on the motherboard.

Thanks
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6780|Moscow, Russia

Shahter wrote:

you could disassemble your psu and check if it's got any of those leaking capacitors.
edit: scratch that. i misread your post. zee ruskie, you know >.<
removing and disassembling a psu may be a bit of a hassle, mind you, but you may just find the cause. try it.

Last edited by Shahter (2011-07-20 04:22:43)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4848|Amsterdam
lol it just froze again
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4848|Amsterdam
now im beginning to doubt whether or not the freezing can be solved by reinstalling windows
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6780|Moscow, Russia
you can never be sure. unless you do it.
that's what makes it fun.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4848|Amsterdam
Well, it froze again and it started to do the whole whirring thing when i tried to reboot it.
The whirring isnt coming from my gfx card (as i suspected, because it is one of my newer parts) but form my processor(cooler). As soon as i popped the hood the whirring got less and it started to start up so maybe my processor just get overheated after a freezing.
Maybe this is also what causes the freezings, but i cant be sure.

Well, im porbably going to get a new pc in october, using the new parts in my current one (gfx card, RAM) and buying the rest all new.
Im also going to get w7 (finally ditching vista)
So whatever may cause the problem, im 99.9% certain that doing that will eliminate it.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5184|Sydney
When you get a new PC, everything is awesome again.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6317

What are your temps?
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4848|Amsterdam

Jaekus wrote:

When you get a new PC, everything is awesome again.
i certainly hope so
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6665|The darkside of Denver
This could also be a HDD issue.  Start>Seach programs and files> CMD> Right click run as administrator> CHKDSK C:  /f /r> Y> Shutdown -f -r -t 0

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard