Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6744|London

hey bevo this cinema is in austin and that's where you are!

^5
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

OP content reminds me of 90% of the arguments I've gotten against AWM's.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
I don't really mind if someone shoots out a quick text even if the screen is bright. If someone's doing it the whole movie, that's when I mind.

The one thing that really pisses me off is the people who are so fucking oblivious to the fact that nobody wants to hear their obnoxious comments throughout the movie. Had that during Super 8. "IS THIS THE IMAX EXPERIENCE?"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

If I can't see somebody's cell phone as they're texting, I don't care. If she was spotted a couple times by theater staff, she was just being a bitch about it. Who wants little specks of light waving around at the edges of their vision while they watch a movie?
gurdeep
­
+812|4756|proll­y

Poseidon wrote:

I don't really mind if someone shoots out a quick text even if the screen is bright. If someone's doing it the whole movie, that's when I mind.

The one thing that really pisses me off is the people who are so fucking oblivious to the fact that nobody wants to hear their obnoxious comments throughout the movie. Had that during Super 8. "IS THIS THE IMAX EXPERIENCE?"
super 8 looks shit. i probably would have been on my phone too
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD

Poseidon wrote:

Who the fuck actually says stuff like that? Even when I'm in the movie theaters with lots of black people I don't hear stupid shit like that.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Who the fuck actually says stuff like that? Even when I'm in the movie theaters with lots of black people I don't hear stupid shit like that.
lolz

yeah my black friend wouldnt shut the fuck up during i am legend

"ALWAYS A WHITE BITCH GETTING A NIGGA KILLED"
"AHH SHIT NIGGA HE ALMOST GOT ATE"
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

It's rude. Plain and simple. You and everyone around you are there to watch a movie. Movies aren't cheap now-a-days, don't ruin it. People giving and receiving text messages during a film is distracting.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
Yea, its rude and distracting. doesnt bother me though :\
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Cybargs wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lolz

yeah my black friend wouldnt shut the fuck up during i am legend

"ALWAYS A WHITE BITCH GETTING A NIGGA KILLED"
"AHH SHIT NIGGA HE ALMOST GOT ATE"
when i was watching scott pilgrim these two black guys behind me kept on saying shit like "what da fuck?" every time something out of the realm of natural physical law occurred, as if they were expecting a BBC documentary on physics
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

RTHKI wrote:

Yea, its rude and distracting. doesnt bother me though :\
It will when your grill gets fucked up.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Obnoxious twats and attention whores who think they're funny.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney

Poseidon wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Obnoxious twats and attention whores who think they're funny People like those who post on BF2s.
fixt
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5475|Ventura, California
I was at the movies with my dad a while back, some young retards were in our row texting, talking and throwing M&Ms at people. I don't remember what he told them but they sure gtfo.

I hate people who ruin a movie.

Oh and theater for social experience? WTF, that's what a big flat screen at home is when you have a bunch of friends over, not the theater.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6176|Sydney | ♥

I used to work at a cinema. You'd be surprised at how many stupid 13-16 year olds throw shit at other people.

It was a little bit of fun when we had to kick them out... We weren't allowed to physically move them though, so if they were reluctant we had to call for the store security.

Texting in general, meh. Keep it on silent, and huddle over it so it doesn't disturb.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5475|Ventura, California
That's sort of how loss prevention is at stores, I know that was random for me to say, but I was trying to get that job and I was disappointed you can't shove 'em around and stuff. At home depot you can physically move them though, just not at Sears

That's a funny picture, little 120lb me trying to push others around

Anyway, one of the worst jobs must be cleaning up the theater after a movie. It's insane how messy they get.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Sturgeon
+488|4942|Flintshire

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Oh and theater for social experience? WTF, that's what a big flat screen at home is when you have a bunch of friends over, not the theater.
People who actually have friends like to do things socially, other social experiences may be playing sports, talking or going for a meal.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Benzin
+576|6000
True Sturgeon, but when I go to the theater with my friends, we don't talk during the movie. We talk before and after...
Sturgeon
+488|4942|Flintshire
Normally when I go to watch a film with friends there'll be social interaction during too, you're telling me you sit there silent throughout, no laughing, no little remarks?

Going to watch a film is a social event, who goes on their own?

Last edited by Sturgeon (2011-06-19 08:48:00)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Benzin
+576|6000
I laugh or have reactions, but I don't sit there dropping comments all the time but I do sit there silent and ENJOY the movie. Every now and again I'll go on my own, too. It's nice to do things with friends but not always necessary - I like having ME days.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
I've never been to the movies alone. Did go to a concert alone once, ended up being one of the best ones I've ever been to so meh.

I do make little remarks during films though.

What's the verdict on talking during trailers though? If it's for a shitty/not serious movie I don't mind it and I've done it.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone
Do what ever you fucking like up until the opening credits, then it's time to STFU.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6193|Roma

menzo wrote:

i hate it when you are in the cinema and there is a huge spot of light when someone is texting in front of you.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5790|Catherine Black

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

OP content reminds me of 90% of the arguments I've gotten against AWM's.
You can't dispute the classic

"Your AWM is considered '\_/'. Please refrain from sending me such content in the future"

Anyway, did she make her mind up? Was she texting or using her phone as a light?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Who complains about low light levels in a theater anyway? Use the bloody light coming off the screen.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard