War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6705|Purplicious Wisconsin

FFLink wrote:

Episode 4 of Forward Unto Dawn was even better than 3.

Shocks me when it gets brutal.
Face it, every episode just gets better and better. I like this type of buildup in a series. Too bad it is just 5 episodes long, not to mention the episodes are short.

Last edited by War Man (2012-10-30 06:47:15)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6682|Devon, England
Seen the copies at work yesterday

The cons out-weighed the pros, though, so no stealing
War Man
I can wait, I'm already waiting for the US elections anyway.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I saw Silva's death coming, good to also see teenage Kelly and Fred make an appearance. I liked Episode 4 better than 5 to be honest but episode 5 was good.

Last edited by War Man (2012-11-02 20:49:04)

paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6731
Got it yesterday and its a stunning game a big well done to 343
War Man
In about 12-14 hours, I should also be getting my pre-ordered copy. Can't wait.
FFLink
There is.
Waiting for mine to come...

Better arrive before work and not in the hour that the house is empty after I leave.
FFLink
There is.
It's good to play this game again. Not sure I like the lack of online lobbies and guns, but we'll see.

First-time Legendary run through with friends at the weekend, LAN style
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6658

FFLink wrote:

It's good to play this game again. Not sure I like the lack of online lobbies and guns, but we'll see.

First-time Legendary run through with friends at the weekend, LAN style
Lack of guns?  What?  A ton of guns in MP.

The LMG is a beast.  Only because it seems to take more bullets to down someone in MP.  But the best perk so far unlocked is definitely the sprint boost.  Insane advantage for flanking.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6460

An ancient evil awakens
All I needed to know about this game.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
FFLink
There is.
Just didn't feel as many guns were available, but now that I've played it a bit more, I see more show up randomly in Ordnance drops. I was just getting shitty luck

Damn good so far. Some maps don't feel balanced for Objective games, like CTF on one of the outdoor maps (forget the name). Blue have a huge advantage that's easily exploited by a semi-competent team.
War Man
I remember in 2006 when I first played Halo 2, I got this weird feeling with how different it was to Halo 1, yet it was still the same. I didn't get that feeling in Halo 3, but I sure have that feeling in Halo 4.

Edit: Spoiler (highlight to read):
Was displeased at campaign having only 8 missions, the other games had at least 9 missions.

Spartan Ops is alright, it really levels you up quick online compared to multiplayer games, I highly recommend it to newcomers for quickly leveling up abit.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I loved the Pelican mission, we finally got to be able to fly a Pelican, always wanted that. I miss the Falcon and Revenant from Reach, hate the Banshee being the only multiplayer aircraft.

Glad the Gauss Warthog is now in regular multiplayer online, only custom games, firefight, and singleplayer had them.

Wish there was/were (a) drivable mammoth(s) in multiplayer like there were drivable elephants on the sand trap map, I liked that in Halo 3.

Forerunner weapons are nice, their grenade is meh in my opinion, though.

Last edited by War Man (2012-11-08 08:04:14)

FFLink
There is.
Fuck you, you prick.

Put some damn spoiler tags in.
War Man

FFLink wrote:

Fuck you, you prick.

Put some damn spoiler tags in.
Sorry, forgot.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5027|Massachusetts, USA
Lol, perks. This game is full codtard now.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Brasso
+1,549|6622

live name is SporksNKnives if you want to add
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
War Man
Man, I love the sticky detonator, such an awesome weapon.

UnkleRukus wrote:

Lol, perks. This game is full codtard now.
Except the perks aren't overpowered, no juggernaut bullshit or some plain stupid shit I dislike the perk that allows you to pickup grenades from dead spartan bodies though, not to mention it's in the same category as grenadier.

The customizable class system is much more balanced overall and nicely done compared to call of duty's shit, plus you can customize them even in the middle of a game; call of duty doesn't have armor abilities like jetpacks and such; halo has vehicles, call of shitty doesn't(except world at war which only has tanks); you don't spawn with power weapons or the instant kill stuff like shotguns and rocket launchers, you have to pick those up; halo lacks stupid killstreaks; and a few other things that makes Halo different to call of duty.

Last edited by War Man (2012-11-08 08:16:21)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6658

Despite the perks really being force multipliers, like if you have a couple of LMG's on your side, the limited ammo keeps the dominance in check.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6380
https://i.imgur.com/dnhHq.jpg
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
War Man

Ilocano wrote:

Despite the perks really being force multipliers, like if you have a couple of LMG's on your side, the limited ammo keeps the dominance in check.
The perks seem balanced to me, they have a bit of an impact, but not much more.

By the way, why is it you only get 1 pulse grenade, yet you get 2 frag or 2 plasma grenades? Pulse grenades are not really powerful, I find that odd.
FFLink
There is.
Worse roll ever is speed, needler and plasma grenades. What a waste.
iceman785
+93|6664|Alaska, mother fucker.
What? Needler is guaranteed kills. Also, sprint as you throw and and laugh your ass off.
FFLink
There is.
Needler is an "I kill you, you kill me" weapon, to anyone facing you. It's slow projectile speed means you'll die while getting your shots off, but they will also die (sometimes). From behind, I'd still rather have a weapon to kill someone fast with (Assault Rifle).
Brasso
+1,549|6622

AR sucks

DMR for lyfe
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
FFLink
There is.
Pfft. I whole-heartedly disagree.

3rd level is hard on Legendary, solo. Hardest bit was getting to the first beam. Had to just blitz at the first 3 power-spheres, anti-clockwise, then jump to the bridge off the last one. Knights are very hard to kill from range.
Brasso
+1,549|6622

so you can't shoot consistent headshots is basically what you're saying

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard