Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
SuperJail Warden
+199|2123
I started watching the Watchmen show. I like it. Unfortunately it will not get the amount of attention it deserves since the internet nerd crowd thinks it's social justice propaganda.
uziq
+175|1856
so someone using twitter should be discredited because they are a 'social justice network' user but you'll rationalise your geekish tastes for a .... show that is quite blatantly geared towards being 'woke'. lmao. you are a real fucking fruitcake.
SuperJail Warden
+199|2123
The people who think the government in Watchmen are the good guys are missing the point. The government in the show is sort of a Liberal Fascism or Social Justice Totalitarianism.
https://i1.wp.com/25yearslatersite.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Watchmen-S01E01-Police-Station-All-Hands.jpg?resize=662%2C372&ssl=1
The police are beating, executing, and kidnapping people in order to fight an ideological conflict. In the last episode they attacked a trailer park full of innocent white people in order to avenge a murder a black person confessed to.

Of course you have never seen the show so you are only going by what gay Twitter says about it.
uziq
+175|1856
sounds great. keep railing against the main stream media machine whilst jerking off over half-rate tv shows.
SuperJail Warden
+199|2123
It's not T.V. It's HBO
https://youtu.be/rFnrOKrVQrI
uziq
+175|1856
yeah, that network that woke liberals love to flatter themselves by watching because it's just so much more middle-class and cosmopolitan than 'dumb' channels!!!

have you heard of the sopranos?
SuperJail Warden
+199|2123
I love the Sopranos. What is your point?
uziq
+175|1856
that you have nonsensical and cherry-picked views on what constitutes liberal 'social justice' media and what is 'main stream media' polluting american discourse.

you love the sopranos? with its sympathetic portrayal of gay men? isn't that contributing to the ruination of the american project?!

but of course your favourite nerdy shows about terrible edgelord, on-the-nose graphic novels get a pass.
SuperJail Warden
+199|2123
The mafia is depicted very poorly in Sopranos. Some of them are junkies, depression cases, idiots, fat and worse. The maker of the show has even criticized people who empathize with the mafia since they are supposed to be the bad guys of the show.

I didn't care for the gay storyline.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,623|4510|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I started watching the Watchmen show. I like it. Unfortunately it will not get the amount of attention it deserves since the internet nerd crowd thinks it's social justice propaganda.
I watched one episode and couldn't be bothered.
Epstein didn't kill himself
SuperJail Warden
+199|2123
Last night Watchmen died on HBO.

The last two episodes were awful. There's only one left and I don't see how they are going to save it. The Alt-Right was right. The Social Justice Warriors killed Watchmen.
unnamednewbie13
+1,751|5176|USA

I haven't seen it. What happened in the show? I was under the impression that alt-right/comic-book-fanboys were just review-bombing rottentomatoes with one star ratings. I don't even understand why this group would be so staunchly defensive of the source material when:

Alan Moore wrote:

“I wanted to kind of make this like, ‘Yeah, this is what Batman would be in the real world.’ But I had forgotten that actually to a lot of comic fans that smelling, not having a girlfriend—these are actually kind of heroic. So actually, sort of, Rorschach became the most popular character in Watchmen. I meant him to be a bad example, but I have people come up to me in the street saying, ‘I am Rorschach! That is my story!’ And I’ll be thinking, ‘Yeah, great, can you just keep away from me and never come anywhere near me again for as long as I live?’”
… which could be taken under a certain lens as a kind of backhanded commentary.
SuperJail Warden
+199|2123
Spoiler (highlight to read):
Doctor Manhattan came back to Earth in 2009 and started dating a black woman. He them turned into a black guy and had a thing inserted into his head by ozymandias to make him forget he was Dr. Manhattan and think he was just a normal person for 10 years. Finally they add in time travel by having Dr. Manhattan tell a person in the past something a person in the future told him and therefore starting the murder mystery at the beginning of the show. Finally he allows himself to be captured by people who want to kill him and steal his powers.

It's not all bad though I guess. I did enjoy seeing the Squid, and what the world is like years after Ozy "saves" humanity. I also understand what the writer was trying to do with Dr. Manhattan and how it ties into Christianity. It's clever but the execution and other stuff around it is dumb.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2019 Jeff Minard