Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5202|Sydney

Macbeth wrote:

You watch Fox News don't you Jaekus. Shepard Smith wants his joke back.
Nah, I don't. It just sprung to mind.

Here's an article I read this morning, a couple things that balance the argument a bit:

No evidence of cancer spike

"It's important to note ... particularly in the younger population, there is just no evidence indeed in any population that has been reported so far that would suggest brain cancers are increasing in such a way that they are related to the greater radio frequency in our environment," he said.

"If it's there, it's not a very large effect."

Ed Young from Cancer Research UK told ABC Radio's AM program that he did not regard the WHO's statement as cause for concern.

"I don't think people should be worried at all. Nothing's really changed," he said.

"We know that the vast majority of studies looking at this issue have found that mobile phones do not increase the risk of cancer, and that's backed up by the fact that brain cancer rates have remained level while the use of mobile phones has skyrocketed.

"Also no-one actually has any clear idea about how mobile phone radiation could affect the risk of cancer."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011 … 232220.htm

I honestly don't know where to stand on this issue. No one really knows for sure it seems, either way you look at it.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6435|'Murka

So the WHO looks at a bunch of old studies and comes to the same conclusion that those same studies came to years ago?

Groundbreaking work.

Of course, there's the slight problem that the incidence of brain cancer is so low that linking causality to cell phones since their rise in use is not possible at this point.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6799|Moscow, Russia

FEOS wrote:

Of course, there's the slight problem that the incidence of brain cancer is so low that linking causality to cell phones since their rise in use is not possible at this point.
/thread
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6494
and that's much the same as wi-fi, isn't it? with all this new wireless technology... we won't really know until we can collate data from a 50-100 year range.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6023|Vortex Ring State
cell phones operate on different frequencies... if traditional thinking about EM radiation holds true WiFi should be even more brain-frying than Cell phones, it being on a higher frequency and higher frequencies being more harmful to your health (gamma rays vs. x-rays vs. UV rays)

then again radio waves are more long than light radiation, so 2.4 GHz radiation would be closer to light than cell phone radiation.

but yeah, no conclusive results, anyone who takes any action (regarding their cell phone usage) based on this would be crazy or horrendously uninformed.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6624|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard