Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6730|Toronto | Canada

Spoiler (highlight to read):
danys part actually becomes one of my least favourite parts of the story   in the later ones... well, i dont want to tell you who is interesting but some people you want to be interesting arent, it seems he's saving the major parts of their story for the last book or two
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
yeah well let's hope he doesn't die of being an old fat man in suspenders before he completes them

https://www.thinkhero.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/george-rr-martin.jpg

heard also he might extend the series to 8 books
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6730|Toronto | Canada

the last 2 he wrote were supposed to be 1 if i remember correctly? theyre really fucking long
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England

eleven bravo wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

where you were told from one persons perspective that a major character died, but is really still alive.  it keeps you on your toes
i suppose thats pretty cool but i guess I just see keeping a character alive in a story like that as a sign of better writing talent than jumping at the chance to kill someone off and get giddy with the expected disappointment from the reader.
You're making a big deal out of nothing. All the deaths make sense and add to the story. I was sad when Ned died, but it makes sense in the long run.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
i can not WAIT for season 3. fuck season 2, only thing i wanna see in it is the battle of the blackwater
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6676|United States of America
So...I just spent the last day watching season 1. Rather interesting stuff.
rdx-fx
+955|6583

Poseidon wrote:

yeah well let's hope he doesn't die of being an old fat man in suspenders before he completes them
Wife is still pissy about Robert Jordan checking out before he finished the Wheel of Time series.

Personally, I lost interest (in Robert Jordan's books) after about the Nth time reading a three page description of the tea service for the knitting circle.
Which was around page 60 of book 1. 
Which was still the 'author's pre-introduction footnotes to the character synopsis'.
(hyperbole, but not by much)

For those that don't know of The Wheel of Time;
Imagine the plotline of Lord of the Rings, crossed with the character depth of The Matrix, and a dramatis personae like War & Peace.
Now strip all the cool characters out of LotR, and reduce it to just the boring-as-fuck melodramatic Hobbity bits.
Write in the general tone and style of a repressed fairy tale bodice-ripper romance novelist.
Now put the Star Wars prequel Anakin Skywalker as the main 'hero'.
And drag it out over 11,000 pages.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6619|IRELAND

The stupidity of the game of thrones crew. They are filming at 2 locations about a mile from where I live.

It was on the news for days that big wind was coming. It was actually the trail end of  Hurricane Katia which hit the states. They had warning after warning on the news. Which is unusual in Ireland because its windy all the time. I spent the day before like most people taking stuff down and securing stuff.
So the GOFT people decided to erect a marquee on the side of a cliff looking right out at the Atlantic (where the hurricane was coming from) on the day of the big wind. No surprise it blew off the cliff nearly taking everyone in it with the, Few people hospitalised. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-14889802
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

70-80 mph gust all the time?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
goddamn drowned god fucking shit up
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England

rdx-fx wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Wife is still pissy about Robert Jordan checking out before he finished the Wheel of Time series.

Personally, I lost interest (in Robert Jordan's books) after about the Nth time reading a three page description of the tea service for the knitting circle.
Which was around page 60 of book 1. 
Which was still the 'author's pre-introduction footnotes to the character synopsis'.
(hyperbole, but not by much)

For those that don't know of The Wheel of Time;
Imagine the plotline of Lord of the Rings, crossed with the character depth of The Matrix, and a dramatis personae like War & Peace.
Now strip all the cool characters out of LotR, and reduce it to just the boring-as-fuck melodramatic Hobbity bits.
Write in the general tone and style of a repressed fairy tale bodice-ripper romance novelist.
Now put the Star Wars prequel Anakin Skywalker as the main 'hero'.
And drag it out over 11,000 pages.
Hey now, Mat is a cool character.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Roc18
`
+655|5782|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
This show looks like the World of Warcraft of TV.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6614|Little Bentcock
I'm loving the book, I just want to watch the series!
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6182|Roma
Just finished the second book. Gonna buy the third this week I think.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Brasso
+1,549|6622

reading through the first book now, i'm thinking of watching the series as i move through the book.  good idea?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6618|UK
No because I doubt the TV Series follows the book page-for-page. You'll end up watching parts before they happen in the book. How will you know at which point in the book an episode ends?
Brasso
+1,549|6622

i'll read a lot, lol.  i have an idea how much is in each episode because i half of the first one on a plane flight.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
gurdeep
­
+812|4746|proll­y

Roc18 wrote:

idtst
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6614|Little Bentcock

Brasso wrote:

reading through the first book now, i'm thinking of watching the series as i move through the book.  good idea?
I watched the first episode yesterday, and it ends with Brann being pushed from the window. It's fairly close, but they have changed a LOT of things.
Roc18
`

gurdeep wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

idtst
That would mean it's good and addictive, just like the actual game lol.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
lol
no it wouldn't
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Roc18
`
So it's not a good and addictive show?

ok
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
its not a good game altho it may be addictive to some.

does the show also have dated visuals?
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Roc18
`
lol
Brasso
+1,549|6622

hahaha WoW having outdated visuals, i hope you're trolling.

as for not being a good game, that's opinion so that can pass

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard