Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5190|Sydney
You have a lot to learn, though I'm afraid you can't teach an old dog new tricks - especially one who believes he knows all there is to learn.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6663|USA

Jaekus wrote:

You have a lot to learn, though I'm afraid you can't teach an old dog new tricks - especially one who believes he knows all there is to learn.
Well so far, I have learned how to get through life without drugs or a criminal record. How bout you?
Jaekus
+957|5190|Sydney
I've learned you can understand a lot more when you attempt to look at life with more than one point of view.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6663|USA

Jaekus wrote:

I've learned you can understand a lot more when you attempt to look at life with more than one point of view.
Funny how you say that, but for my POV I get insulted and called names. Is that irony?

Sorry, I don't need the point of view of a crackhead, meth-head  or someone that is willing to shoot another person in order to take something that does not belong to them.
Jaekus
+957|5190|Sydney
It's not your opinion, you're arguing as if it is fact whilst ignoring all the facts.

You can't play it both ways, yet you seem to, and it's obvious to all this is the case.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6663|USA

Jaekus wrote:

It's not your opinion, you're arguing as if it is fact whilst ignoring all the facts.

You can't play it both ways, yet you seem to, and it's obvious to all this is the case.
no, I am arguing the circumstances that make up the facts. I am not ignoring anything. What you are ignoring is the fact that I already told you that.
Jaekus
+957|5190|Sydney
What, the fact he premeditated the murder?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6663|USA

Jaekus wrote:

What, the fact he premeditated the murder?
nope, the circumstances that lead up to the shooting of that criminal.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6118|eXtreme to the maX
You disagree with the jury, who heard the actual facts of the case.

What I've found is unless you actually attend court and hear a case for yourself you receive a very distorted account.

Pretty much nothing I've ever been involved in which has been reported by the the press borne any real relation to what actually happened.

Worth bearing in mind when you're getting excited about what you've seen on TV.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6663|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

What I've found is unless you actually attend court and hear a case for yourself you receive a very distorted account.

Pretty much nothing I've ever been involved in which has been reported by the the press borne any real relation to what actually happened.

couldn't agree more Dilbert, but I am not the one getting excited bout any of this.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6423|'Murka

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

couldn't agree more Dilbert, but I am not the one getting excited bout any of this.
lowing, you're agreeing with (essentially) what I said earlier--which you disagreed with, IIRC.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6663|USA

FEOS wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing, you're agreeing with (essentially) what I said earlier--which you disagreed with, IIRC.
No, you were saying there is nothing to discuss, because the experts already decided. Dilbert is not saying that. Since none of us have all the facts of the case, and it is only opinion we are discussing, then we are all on a level playing field with our opinions and are open for discussion.

Last edited by lowing (2011-06-03 04:14:27)

Jaekus
+957|5190|Sydney
Except the fact the guy was convicted, lol.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6663|USA

Jaekus wrote:

This coming from a guy that does not want to execute murderers because they might be wrongly convicted?
Jaekus
+957|5190|Sydney
Two wrongs don't make a right, derp.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6663|USA

Jaekus wrote:

Two wrongs don't make a right, derp.
no but you are not allowing for the fact that the jury might have got the conviction wrong in the OP, and thus worthy of a discussion. 

not very consistent of you Jaekus.
Jaekus
+957|5190|Sydney
Where did I argue the guy should be executed?

You are pulling shit out of nowhere because that is how you roll.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6423|'Murka

lowing wrote:

FEOS wrote:

lowing wrote:

No, you were saying there is nothing to discuss, because the experts already decided. Dilbert is not saying that. Since none of us have all the facts of the case, and it is only opinion we are discussing, then we are all on a level playing field with our opinions and are open for discussion.
No, I didn't, lowing.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6663|USA

Jaekus wrote:

Where did I argue the guy should be executed?

You are pulling shit out of nowhere because that is how you roll.
no but you are not allowing for the fact that the jury might have got the conviction wrong in the OP, and thus worthy of a discussion. 

not very consistent of you Jaekus. <------ this because your entire argument has been "he was convicted"
Jaekus
+957|5190|Sydney
Actually I've just pointed to the facts as to why it did lead to a conviction.

How is the jury going to get the conviction wrong when there is CCTV footage and he is undoubtedly the person who shot the kid, multiple times, with his own gun, in his own store?

Wrong again. Very consistent of you lowing.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6663|USA

Jaekus wrote:

Actually I've just pointed to the facts as to why it did lead to a conviction.

How is the jury going to get the conviction wrong when there is CCTV footage and he is undoubtedly the person who shot the kid, multiple times, with his own gun, in his own store?

Wrong again. Very consistent of you lowing.
andI pointed to the circumstances surrounding those facts. Something you refused to consider. There has never been a question about the fact that he shot that criminal. What has always been in question for my argument is what happened that drove him to it.
Jaekus
+957|5190|Sydney
Something you're not considering is the fact that these points were argued in court and he was still convicted.

Checkmate.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6663|USA

Jaekus wrote:

Something you're not considering is the fact that these points were argued in court and he was still convicted.

Checkmate.
which brings me back to the start that juries must never wrongly convict then correct? Cases are never reopened, innocent people are never found guilty, and there is no room to discuss any of it, because they are convicted? So, which is it? Guilty is guilty never to be discussed or people can be wrongly convicted and the circumstances surrounding their conviction can be discussed?

Last edited by lowing (2011-06-03 05:20:46)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6118|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

This coming from a guy that does not want to execute murderers because they might be wrongly convicted?
Thats probaly the biggest no-brainer in the world.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6663|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Thats probaly the biggest no-brainer in the world.
put it in context with the discussion Dilbert, would ya please.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard