+13|4819

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

lol, the mother is calling her son a hero

http://www.koco.com/r/24703285/detail.html
That darn peer pressure!
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5193|Sydney
Well, I'm not sure why you want to discuss hypothetical scenarios with people when it's clear that everyone just wants to discuss the case. Which you decide to ignore key facts.

foreveralone.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6786|PNW

Eh, mothers and their sons...

Not a hero, just botched a criminal action. Not that the pharmacist is any kind of hero. If a cop shot up someone unnecessarily like that, they'd be demonized, so why shouldn't this guy be?
Jaekus
+957|5193|Sydney
I guess her mother just refuses to see how her son brought this upon himself. Love is blind.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6426|'Murka

An hero.

And this:

lowing, I never said or even implied we couldn't or shouldn't debate the topic. You are arguing against the facts of the case, which none of us have...including you. To debate other hypotheticals (which we did) about whether they would be 1st or 2nd degree murder (or manslaughter) is one thing. To argue whether this specific case--which again we do not have all the evidence for--should be different than the jury found (1st degree murder) is interesting, but irrelevant after a point...which was reached long ago. Many have pointed out how, based solely on the information available, premeditation can be shown. You disagreed. How much more does that particular horse need to be beaten?

Are there other aspects to the situation that you want to discuss? Are there other facets of capital crime you want to discuss? Have you found additional information to further the original discussion? Maybe something regarding legal misconduct?

The point I was making with my original post (that you--as Jaekus so eloquently put it--completely missed) was that all those points you were making wrt this case were likely considered and some (if not all) argued by the man's lawyer. And he lost those arguments, based on the evidence and arguments presented by opposing counsel. Just think about that. I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't post. I never implied that.

Feel free to continue arguing points that were already defeated in reality. Whatever floats your boat, brother.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA

FEOS wrote:

An hero.

And this:

lowing, I never said or even implied we couldn't or shouldn't debate the topic. You are arguing against the facts of the case, which none of us have...including you. To debate other hypotheticals (which we did) about whether they would be 1st or 2nd degree murder (or manslaughter) is one thing. To argue whether this specific case--which again we do not have all the evidence for--should be different than the jury found (1st degree murder) is interesting, but irrelevant after a point...which was reached long ago. Many have pointed out how, based solely on the information available, premeditation can be shown. You disagreed. How much more does that particular horse need to be beaten?

Are there other aspects to the situation that you want to discuss? Are there other facets of capital crime you want to discuss? Have you found additional information to further the original discussion? Maybe something regarding legal misconduct?

The point I was making with my original post (that you--as Jaekus so eloquently put it--completely missed) was that all those points you were making wrt this case were likely considered and some (if not all) argued by the man's lawyer. And he lost those arguments, based on the evidence and arguments presented by opposing counsel. Just think about that. I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't post. I never implied that.

Feel free to continue arguing points that were already defeated in reality. Whatever floats your boat, brother.
The conversation, like all conversations moved to a wider topic FEOS. It turned into what actually constitutes first degree murder. Based on the definitions and the examples used for first degree murder, second degree murder etc. I was arguing that the OP did not fit first degree murder as much as it did the lesser charge. I know the guy was convicted of first degree murder, and just like all things in discussion here, I have my opinion on that fact. Knowing a fact does not stop anyone else from arguing the aspects of it. I see no reason why this issue is any different.  The thing is with no other examples of a first degree murder charge for a scenario like the OP, people like Jaekus could not argue the broader question of what first degree murder entails or defend the first degree murder charge in the OP except to say, he was convicted so it was right.

Ya see, I think most in this discussion, love the fact the guy went down so hard, more because of their opinion on gun control and less any other fact presented in the OP.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA

Jaekus wrote:

Well, I'm not sure why you want to discuss hypothetical scenarios with people when it's clear that everyone just wants to discuss the case. Which you decide to ignore key facts.

foreveralone.jpg
I didn't ignore anything Jaekus, I challenged it, and I challenged you to defend it, with something other than the case we were discussing.
Jaekus
+957|5193|Sydney
"Challenged"

lol

You ignored the fact the guy walked back into the shop, got a second gun, walked over, leant down and shot the kid. Which is the reason why his lawyer could not defend him against the charge of premeditated murder.

I think that's about the fifth time I've mentioned this to you.

You're an odd fellow.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-06-02 04:04:20)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6426|'Murka

lowing wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

foreveralone.jpg
I didn't ignore anything Jaekus, I challenged it, and I challenged you to defend it, with something other than the case we were discussing.
But it's the merits of each individual case that define them, lowing. Yes, precedent is important, but the unique facts of this particular case don't belong anywhere else, do they? Those unique facts led to a conviction of 1st degree murder.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Jaekus
+957|5193|Sydney
^ you said what I've been trying to communicate all along.
Precedence takes a back seat to the facts and evidence.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6689|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

FEOS wrote:

An hero.

And this:

The conversation, like all conversations moved to a wider topic FEOS. It turned into what actually constitutes first degree murder. Based on the definitions and the examples used for first degree murder, second degree murder etc. I was arguing that the OP did not fit first degree murder as much as it did the lesser charge. I know the guy was convicted of first degree murder, and just like all things in discussion here, I have my opinion on that fact. Knowing a fact does not stop anyone else from arguing the aspects of it. I see no reason why this issue is any different.  The thing is with no other examples of a first degree murder charge for a scenario like the OP, people like Jaekus could not argue the broader question of what first degree murder entails or defend the first degree murder charge in the OP except to say, he was convicted so it was right.

Ya see, I think most in this discussion, love the fact the guy went down so hard, more because of their opinion on gun control and less any other fact presented in the OP.
No, it's because the guy is patently a sick fucker who should not allowed be amongst regular members of society for a long, long time if at all.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5373|London, England

lowing wrote:

FEOS wrote:

An hero.

And this:

What fantasy world do you live in? I didn't see anyone advocating stripping you of your gun rights. Even the normally gunphobic came into the thread, kind of nodded their head and said 'well, it was self defense up to a point...' and then wandered off. You've been arguing with yourself for pages now. Give it a rest. You ain't a martyr.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6512

Jay wrote:

You've been arguing with yourself for pages now.
according to some poster's modus operandi, if you get the last word you win the argument.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA

Jaekus wrote:

"Challenged"

lol

You ignored the fact the guy walked back into the shop, got a second gun, walked over, leant down and shot the kid. Which is the reason why his lawyer could not defend him against the charge of premeditated murder.

I think that's about the fifth time I've mentioned this to you.

You're an odd fellow.
No Jaekus, I did  not ignore those facts. I argued they were part of the emotional freight train that slammed into him the second a gun was pulled on on him, he then snapped. Just like in case where 2nd degree murder was charged.

You really gotta get over the fact that disagreeing with something or someone does not mean ignoring them.
Jaekus
+957|5193|Sydney
Yeah, you did ignore the facts. Plenty of times.

I'd wager the kids would never have shot him and were all full of bravado, which is why the other ran, and the pharmacist was aching for the day he could execute someone, which is why he did it.

Hence, murder one fits this case perfectly.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-06-02 15:58:34)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA

Jaekus wrote:

I'd wager the kids would never have shot him and were all full of bravado, which is why the other ran, and the pharmacist was aching for the day he could execute someone, which is why he did it.

There ya go, same kinda bullshit argument that is used against lawful gun owners. "We are all just itchin' to kill someone". Nothing could be further from the truth.

and no, I didn't ignore the fact that the guy went and got a second gun. As I said, he was full of emotion that stemmed from the original attack.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6731

lowing wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

There ya go, same kinda bullshit argument that is used against lawful gun owners. "We are all just itchin' to kill someone". Nothing could be further from the truth.

and no, I didn't ignore the fact that the guy went and got a second gun. As I said, he was full of emotion that stemmed from the original attack.
If he beat the brains out of the kid with a baseball bat its still murder. nothing to do with the gun issue.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jaekus
+957|5193|Sydney
lol you're pulling at any card you can now. Talk about clutching at straws.
I bet you're going to say the kids were Muslims next and it was ok to shoot them because they were probably terrorists.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA

Cybargs wrote:

lowing wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

If he beat the brains out of the kid with a baseball bat its still murder. nothing to do with the gun issue.
never argued it wasn't murder. It just has extraordinary considerations tied to it, that in my opinion should have been enough to drop it down from first degree murder. nothing more.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

lowing wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

lowing wrote:

never argued it wasn't murder. It just has extraordinary considerations tied to it, that in my opinion should have been enough to drop it down from first degree murder. nothing more.
So you don't think he should get life in prison but you think drug dealers should be executed. Haven't you argued that anyone breaking the law is a shit stain on society? Now you feel sympathy and you sing a diffrent tune. Fuck off.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA

Jay wrote:

lowing wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

So you don't think he should get life in prison but you think drug dealers should be executed. Haven't you argued that anyone breaking the law is a shit stain on society? Now you feel sympathy and you sing a diffrent tune. Fuck off.
I think the guy was forced into a situation he could not handle. I think if those criminals left him alone he would still be a productive member of society. These are the considerations I feel should have played a bigger part in charging him with first degree murder. In the end however, it was murder yes.

Never said drug dealers should be executed Jay, in fact  Isadi drugs should be legalized. What I did say however, is I don't give a shit if a drug dealer is executed.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Lets hope you never experience the crushing poverty that pushes people into crime, eh?
-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA

Jay wrote:

Lets hope you never experience the crushing poverty that pushes people into crime, eh?
no need for hope Jay, I have made sure of it. Also, plenty of poor people that do not stick a fuckin gun into innocent peoples faces, so do me a favor ok? Lets not start victimizing those 2 criminals.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6786|PNW

Why not? He chased them outside, shot the one who was unarmed, went back in for another gun, came back out and finished the guy off. If a cop did that, people would be all over the fascist police force.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Why not? He chased them outside, shot the one who was unarmed, went back in for another gun, came back out and finished the guy off. If a cop did that, people would be all over the fascist police force.
Why not? really?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard