Stimey
­
+786|6121|Ontario | Canada

eusgen wrote:

IMO Anyone who steals or "robs" other people, especially trying to do it using fear and a gun, should be shot and killed immediately. The world doesn't need em'.
A poor man stealing a loaf of bread so his family can survive another day?
­
­
­
­
­
­
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California

Stimey wrote:

eusgen wrote:

IMO Anyone who steals or "robs" other people, especially trying to do it using fear and a gun, should be shot and killed immediately. The world doesn't need em'.
A poor man stealing a loaf of bread so his family can survive another day?
That's such a typical excuse. If the guy wasn't a dick he could probably reply on friends' charity, or in my case my church's, and maybe he could even find a friend's house he could stay at until he's on his toes again.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Stimey
­
Africa?
­
­
­
­
­
­
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

teenage life expert
CC-Marley
+407|6829
all dicks
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Macbeth wrote:

teenage life expert
Well, I know a few folks who've had to live that way for a few months.

e:

Stimey wrote:

Africa?
Well, we're talking about some guy in America now.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2011-05-31 20:23:00)

Stimey
­
He said anyone who steals.
AFAIK people steal in Africa.
­
­
­
­
­
­
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
true, my bad
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Jay wrote:

lowing wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Is it exactly the same? Of course not. Is it similar, in that you can show intent and premeditation, which is the burden under the law? Yes.

Yes, there is an argument for 2nd degree. Also one for manslaughter. And his lawyer lost them.

Because the argument FOR 1st degree murder is stronger.
but flipping through the examples of second degree murder fits the OP scenario far closer than a planned out murder as was described.

It is funny how there are no examples of the OP scenario that is used for first degree murder, it is always, someone planning every detail of the crime.
No, what's funny is how you're trying to wriggle around and justify giving him a lesser charge when it is clear that he is a murderer. Normally you'd be shouting from the rooftops that he needs to be executed but because you feel empathy towards him, you'd rather see him let off. Hypocritical as always lowing. At least you're consistent.
Well from the beginning I bowed to the fact that this was not self defense that it was murder. I take into consideration that this guy was drawn to it by the  circumstances of the events and the emotions that surrounded it. I guess simply put, the criminals started it, not him.

You are right, I feel sympathy for the guy. He was forced into a situation he obviously lost control of. Had those criminals tried to fuck with someone else the guy would still be a productive member of society and those criminals might have still wound up dead.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

lowing wrote:

FEOS wrote:

lowing wrote:

So you can "easily" say this scenario is the same kind of thought out, plan for a month, dig the hole, dump the body, make for the border, scenario that is used for every first degree murder example you can find? You mean there is no argument for second degree murder here at all? WHich isn't much of a difference except maybe being put to death or life in prison.

THe fact that this guy woke up and thought he was going to have a normal day makes no difference in the case at all?
Is it exactly the same? Of course not. Is it similar, in that you can show intent and premeditation, which is the burden under the law? Yes.

Yes, there is an argument for 2nd degree. Also one for manslaughter. And his lawyer lost them.

but flipping through the examples of second degree murder fits the OP scenario far closer than a planned out murder as was described.

It is funny how there are no examples of the OP scenario that is used for first degree murder, it is always, someone planning every detail of the crime.
lowing, the guy had a lawyer. I'm sure the lawyer was better trained in the law than any of us. I'm sure he thought of arguing that this case did not meet the criteria for first degree murder. And you know what? The evidence against his client and the arguments of the prosecutor beat him. There clearly was more to the case than just the news article and the surveillance video.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney
^ owned.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

lowing wrote:

FEOS wrote:

burnzz wrote:

can we rename this section "Where sidewalk lawyers meet"?
Go find an actual lawyer and have them post here then.

While you're at it, demand credentials from everyone before allowing them to post on any topic.
I am betting burnzz knows a few defense lawyers.
hmm, for someone who complains about personal attacks . . .

13/f/taiwan wrote:

why would you bet that?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

FEOS wrote:

lowing wrote:

FEOS wrote:

lowing, the guy had a lawyer. I'm sure the lawyer was better trained in the law than any of us. I'm sure he thought of arguing that this case did not meet the criteria for first degree murder. And you know what? The evidence against his client and the arguments of the prosecutor beat him. There clearly was more to the case than just the news article and the surveillance video.
I see, so we can not argue it because, we were not there, do not have all the facts, are not experts. Well then why are we talking about wars, Africa, politics, law, religion, weather, aviation, history etc.. at all then? If you have now added the aforementioned criteria to be met before any discussion, I guess there really isn't much to discuss then is there? I mean Jaekus has already disallowed comparisons and analogies in making a point ( only in this thread though) and now you say, we were not there, are not experts, and do not have all the facts.... Well then, what topics meet all those requirements for posting in this forum FEOS?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

burnzz wrote:

lowing wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Go find an actual lawyer and have them post here then.

While you're at it, demand credentials from everyone before allowing them to post on any topic.
I am betting burnzz knows a few defense lawyers.
hmm, for someone who complains about personal attacks . . .

13/f/taiwan wrote:

why would you bet that?
you are not talking to me burnzz remember? Not even "the time of day" Ut ohhh short term memory loss, could be brain cell loss.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

hey jibad, i guess he won't answer you . . .
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD
lol, the mother is calling her son a hero

http://www.koco.com/r/24703285/detail.html
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

just like i'm sure he was turning his life around and would never do it again, he was a good boy after all!
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699

13/f/taiwan wrote:

why would you bet that?
?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I am betting........an Obama supporter. After all, it wasn't her sons fault he robbed the pharmacy. any takers?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD

krazed wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

just like i'm sure he was turning his life around and would never do it again, he was a good boy after all!
he love his grandma
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699

13/f/taiwan wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

why would you bet that?
?
Stimey
­

Last edited by Stimey (2011-06-01 14:27:31)

­
­
­
­
­
­
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6000|...

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

hahahahaha

hahahahahahha

and what's with the name? Antwun? How about Antoine?
inane little opines
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney

lowing wrote:

FEOS wrote:

lowing wrote:

I see, so we can not argue it because, we were not there, do not have all the facts, are not experts. Well then why are we talking about wars, Africa, politics, law, religion, weather, aviation, history etc.. at all then? If you have now added the aforementioned criteria to be met before any discussion, I guess there really isn't much to discuss then is there? I mean Jaekus has already disallowed comparisons and analogies in making a point ( only in this thread though) and now you say, we were not there, are not experts, and do not have all the facts.... Well then, what topics meet all those requirements for posting in this forum FEOS?
You missed the point entirely.
AGAIN.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Jaekus wrote:

lowing wrote:

FEOS wrote:

You missed the point entirely.
AGAIN.
I did? and what was the point then Jaekus? If not, the experts already figured this out, so there is nothing to discuss?

Last edited by lowing (2011-06-01 17:40:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard