dude!
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

This is beside the point. The NAACP is a very different topic that I don't want to get into - things would quickly get complicated.

Like it or not the Tea Party has an image problem. Also like it or not, there is a reason for this. All I'm doing is pointing out the solution and yes, it requires a bit of introspection and a realisation that yeah, there is a problem and it should be dealt with. You can play the "unfair" card all you want but it doesn't change the facts.

The more the Tea Party denies or ignores this problem the more they will be seen as condoning it. I'll leave it at that.
The image problem is one that is invented by those that oppose the tea party. lets face it, "you're a racist", is a pretty common attack by those against small govt., cuts in bullshit social programs, a reduction in govt. hand holding, etc... It is done so in lieu of trying to stand toe to toe with the arguments presented by conservatives.

The tea party has a political philosophy, and ANYONE that shares that philosophy can join regardless of race. Now if  the Tea Party were an organization that changes its name to ohhhhh I dunno......"The National Association for the Advancement of White People" I would agree, you would have an argument for it being a racist organization.
But that's what I'm saying. We're actually on the same page, we both realise that the Tea Party is being unfairly designated a racist organisation here we're just looking at it differently. You're saying that it shouldn't be happening while I'm just saying it is happening so why and how can it best be dealt with. Where we differ is that while I'm saying that the accusations are based on actual ocurrences of racism, you seem to be denying that there's even a problem - or that the problem lies with the accusers not with the accused.

You can play the blame game endlessly, always saying it's the other side's fault. What is more difficult but ultimately far more productive is being introspective, identifying the truths in what the other side is saying and dealing with it.
You are right, I am blaming the accuser, they have taken a few people that may or may not be racist and made them the poster child of the tea party and the problem is, they have succeeded in their effort to do so. The left will always take the easy cheap shot instead of argue the issues, which they will lose. After all, it is really hard to make an argument in this country that those that work, should work harder so those that do not work will never have to. It is easier to call anyone that doesn't agree a racist and dismiss them.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Kmar wrote:

dude!
But there's all sorts of signs like that he could stand next to!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

I don't think everyone thinks tea partiers are racist. I don't even think most people do. A little nutty perhaps, lol. Maybe if there weren't so many of them donning three cornered hats and costumes they'd be taken more seriously.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Kmar wrote:

Maybe if there weren't so many of them donning three cornered hats and costumes they'd be taken more seriously.
If it's good enough for Captain Crunch it's good enough for a political organization.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

The image problem is one that is invented by those that oppose the tea party. lets face it, "you're a racist", is a pretty common attack by those against small govt., cuts in bullshit social programs, a reduction in govt. hand holding, etc... It is done so in lieu of trying to stand toe to toe with the arguments presented by conservatives.

The tea party has a political philosophy, and ANYONE that shares that philosophy can join regardless of race. Now if  the Tea Party were an organization that changes its name to ohhhhh I dunno......"The National Association for the Advancement of White People" I would agree, you would have an argument for it being a racist organization.
But that's what I'm saying. We're actually on the same page, we both realise that the Tea Party is being unfairly designated a racist organisation here we're just looking at it differently. You're saying that it shouldn't be happening while I'm just saying it is happening so why and how can it best be dealt with. Where we differ is that while I'm saying that the accusations are based on actual ocurrences of racism, you seem to be denying that there's even a problem - or that the problem lies with the accusers not with the accused.

You can play the blame game endlessly, always saying it's the other side's fault. What is more difficult but ultimately far more productive is being introspective, identifying the truths in what the other side is saying and dealing with it.
You are right, I am blaming the accuser, they have taken a few people that may or may not be racist and made them the poster child of the tea party and the problem is, they have succeeded in their effort to do so. The left will always take the easy cheap shot instead of argue the issues, which they will lose. After all, it is really hard to make an argument in this country that those that work, should work harder so those that do not work will never have to. It is easier to call anyone that doesn't agree a racist and dismiss them.
Oh yes, it's those damn other people. They are so mean and bad and they're the ones who are putting me into an unflattering steriotype.

See how this gets everyone nowhere?

Got to say I consider myself a fairly central person on the political spectrum but if I'm honest with myself I know I lean left. I can't help but notice that I'm the one who has recognised the problem in many lefties overusing the racism call while you're yet to even admit that there may be a problem of racism within the Tea Party - even considering those placards I posted before along with the stories of senior Tea Party figures Mark Williams and Dale Robertson. I don't mean to make this personal but can't you see that you're using the same dismissive argument that you accuse others of?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

Oh yes, it's those damn other people. They are so mean and bad and they're the ones who are putting me into an unflattering steriotype.

Got to say I consider myself a fairly central person on the political spectrum but if I'm honest with myself I know I lean left. I can't help but notice that I'm the one who has recognised the problem in many lefties overusing the racism call while you're yet to even admit that there may be a problem within the Tea Party - even considering those placards I posted before along with the stories of senior Tea Party figures Mark Williams and Dale Robertson. I don't mean to make this personal but can't you see that you're using the same dismissive argument that you accuse others of?
No I understand what you are saying. The problem is, although the tea party may very well have racists in it, WHITE SUPREMACY, is not the tea party's message and to try to dismiss their message as nothing more than racist, is a cheap shot and avoiding the real issues they are trying to address. Especially coming from a REAL racist organization like the fuckin' NAACP
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

Got to say I consider myself a fairly central person on the political spectrum but if I'm honest with myself I know I lean left. I can't help but notice that I'm the one who has recognised the problem in many lefties overusing the racism call while you're yet to even admit that there may be a problem within the Tea Party - even considering those placards I posted before along with the stories of senior Tea Party figures Mark Williams and Dale Robertson. I don't mean to make this personal but can't you see that you're using the same dismissive argument that you accuse others of?
No I understand what you are saying. The problem is, although the tea party may very well have racists in it, WHITE SUPREMACY, is not the tea party's message and to try to dismiss their message as nothing more than racist, is a cheap shot and avoiding the real issues they are trying to address. Especially coming from a REAL racist organization like the fuckin' NAACP
I don't agree with your ruling on the NAACP by any means but I'm glad you're understanding what I'm getting at. I agree too, dismissing the legitimate concerns of any political group isn't a good thing be it by branding them racist or by saying they're just mindlessly bashing a politician or policy because it's popular. The unfortunate truth is that this happens on all sides of politics. The best any group can do is make sure that they're squeaky clean. The Tea Party, unfortunately, is not and because of this they have become an easy target.
[Blinking eyes thing]
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

I don't agree with your ruling on the NAACP by any means but I'm glad you're understanding what I'm getting at. I agree too, dismissing the legitimate concerns of any political group isn't a good thing be it by branding them racist or by saying they're just mindlessly bashing a politician or policy because it's popular. The unfortunate truth is that this happens on all sides of politics. The best any group can do is make sure that they're squeaky clean. The Tea Party, unfortunately, is not and because of this they have become an easy target.
fair enough.

but how could you not view the NAACP as a racist organization? Their very name is racist. THeir motives are racist, their actions are racist, and their message is racist. No different than any white supremacist organization

Last edited by lowing (2011-06-01 02:38:20)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

fair enough.

but how could you not view the NAACP as a racist organization? Their very name is racist. THeir motives are racist, their actions are racist, and their message is racist. No different than any white supremacist organization
That might be a debate we'll have to save for another topic.
[Blinking eyes thing]
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Macbeth wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Maybe if there weren't so many of them donning three cornered hats and costumes they'd be taken more seriously.
If it's good enough for Captain Crunch it's good enough for a political organization.
https://i.imgur.com/9nQcw.gif
2<3
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

fair enough.

Perhaps now the NAACP's motives, actions and message could be viewed as racist, but as kmar very clearly showed, the roots (no pun intended) of the NAACP were anything but.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

FEOS wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

fair enough.

Perhaps now the NAACP's motives, actions and message could be viewed as racist, but as kmar very clearly showed, the roots (no pun intended) of the NAACP were anything but.
Sorry, I was not raised in turn of the century America, and by the way, neither were any members of the NAACP now.  Unions once had an important roll, now they are just as corrupt and dishonest as any company they try to portray as such. What was yours and Kmar's point for the here and now?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
lol where does that guy say failures? I read problems, which would be the ones such as people asking for his birth certificate, which blatently is because hes black.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Vilham wrote:

lol where does that guy say failures? I read problems, which would be the ones such as people asking for his birth certificate, which blatently is because hes black.
no it is blatantly because there was questions as to whether or not he was born in the states. Fueled more so by the ambiguous responses when inquired about it.

Jesse Jackson ran 25 or so years ago and his nationality was never an issue, so get over yourself with this bullshit that they did it because he is black.

Herman Caine is going to run in '12 and  I will bet his nationality will not be in question either. A man I will vote for by the way.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

John McCain was born in Panama.

https://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3575/pmlgflag.gif
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

burnzz wrote:

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3575/pmlgflag.gif
On US soil...
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Hey Ty, you do realize there are blacks in the tea party, right?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

https://img685.imageshack.us/img685/3053/aclown.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

Jay wrote:

burnzz wrote:

On US soil...
I have yet to see proof of this. Where is his long form birth certificate?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Jay wrote:

burnzz wrote:

On US soil...
He ain't running for President anymore, I hope, so who gives a fuck now?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

Donald Trump
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Jay wrote:

burnzz wrote:

On US soil...
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

War Man wrote:

Hey Ty, you do realize there are blacks in the tea party, right?
Yes. I never suggested there aren't. Your point?
[Blinking eyes thing]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard