Mine is j5689
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

_j5689_ wrote:

What is everybody's Uplay account?

Mine is j5689
i would have never guessed
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD

Cybargs wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

What is everybody's Uplay account?

Mine is j5689
i would have never guessed
I know, it's so much different from my username on here without the _s
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3957|SL,UT

mines burnzz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I have like ... two of them, because I couldn't be assed to remember my first one. Could be a third floating around somewhere.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

https://i.imgur.com/hRE6eBl.png
account 1

https://i.imgur.com/ZC2hq5N.jpg
account 2

first world problems wrote:

Just more reasons why ubisoft is a royal pain.

Backstory:
1) Long ago when I bought From Dust on Steam, I set up a brand new uplay account, and then promptly forgot about it when I was done with the game.
2) When I bought my next uplay-required game on Steam, my original account was still forgotten, so I made an (unknowingly) second.
3) As a result, there are uplay games in my Steam library linked to two accounts. There's even a third one somewhere out there, described by Problem 4.

Problem 1:
1) Installed the Rainbow Six Siege Beta on Steam, launched.
2) The game registered to my original account that only has "From Dust."
3) Exit, log out of uplay, log back in on my new account, Rainbow Six isn't there.
4) Start installing R6SB again, this time on uplay.
5) Launch R6SB on a whim from Steam.
6) A second copy registers itself to my uplay account.
7) Uninstalling does not remove second copy, so I have to hide it. At least they'll (probably) both go away after the beta ends.

Problem 2:
1) Whatever uplay account Steam decides to link to (and I still don't know how it decides which one) will be the account that launches when I run a new uplay-required title.
2) I have to remember to manually log off of uplay every time and not just exit, or if I try to launch a game on Steam that's been linked to the other account, it will take me to an activation screen that forces me to shut the game down and manually log onto the correct uplay account.

Problem 3:
1) Problem 2 and the events of Problem 1 have the potential of splitting my games, awards, friends lists, etc. across multiple accounts, making me wary of getting uplay-requireds.
2) Buying direct from uplay will likely mean reduced or no compatibility with Steam overlay. Not a viable option.
3) Do I have to make sure I'm logged in on the right account before buying anything on steam? Will it activate on the wrong account anyway? Who the *#&$ knows.

Problem 4:
1) I have R.U.S.E. on Steam. I have no idea which mystery account it's linked to, but it's neither of the two accounts mentioned, which means I've got a THIRD floating around somewhere, and tbh I really don't feel like dealing with customer support trying to get it back.

[e: ruse doesn't NEED uplay to run, but it no longer seems supported by uplay for multiplayer, as I can't log on to that aspect. or maybe I can only sign on one account. either my old one or the mystery one. as i can't activate its key on two known uplay accounts, I suspect it could be locked to the mystery one. \_/ at this point.]

Is this confusing yet? I realize some of this is my fault for having 2-3 Uplay accounts, but Uplay support has refused to resolve the big conundrum, which would be keeping all new Steam purchases on ONE UPLAY ACCOUNT. Rainbow Six deciding it wanted to be put on my abandoned Uplay account is worrying.

The best solution at hand is to hide From Dust and R.U.S.E. on the Steam library, forget about them, forget about my two peripheral Uplay accounts, and make sure Uplay never automatically launches the wrong account. Buying two more Steam copies isn't an option because they're already on it and linked to unwanted accounts. Basically, I've got to ban myself from two games to avoid problems.

Rainbow Six Siege Beta WILL launch under my old uplay account if I don't log on to my newest one before hand. Even though copies are up on both accounts.

What a mess. No amount of edits to this post can fully describe just how irritated I am.
tl;dr: UBISOFT, STOP BEING BAD.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
I avoid their games now.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I wish I wasn't so tempted by Rainbow Six now. How can they have made uplay look so pretty on the outside but remain a turd on the inside?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

RTHKI wrote:

I avoid their games now.
Same with rockstar games since they force you to make a rockstar account in order to play. I still have Max Payne 3 from the last winter sale unplayed on my HD just because I don't want to create another account for something.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I changed my non-legacy username on uplay and somehow it caused my password to crap out. I managed to reset it, but the account was suspended for like 3 failed login attempts. Will have to avoid logging in for over an hour, while open beta time ticks away. This really is a sh it program.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD

SuperJail Warden wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

I avoid their games now.
Same with rockstar games since they force you to make a rockstar account in order to play. I still have Max Payne 3 from the last winter sale unplayed on my HD just because I don't want to create another account for something.
It's a form of DRM for both companies, luckily there are some small benefits to it at least like free in-game stuff for Uplay and being able to keep track of tagged songs in GTA games for Rockstar Social Club.

RSC has crapped out in GTA IV and Max Payne 3 a few times at some point or another for me but I've never had trouble with Uplay
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
i am going to need a review of R6, newbie.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I only played coop and not enough of it to really form a solid opinion on it before the beta weekend was over. Enjoyed what I played of it though, but the AI was kind of stupid.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone

RTHKI wrote:

I avoid their games now.
I always avoided their games. Not cause of the shitty drm and company but cause nothing they do interests me.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
Pretty much the same here.  I got Far Cry 4 for free with my GTX 970 and just couldn't get into it.  AC: Unity was horrible so unless Syndicate goes on sale, I'll probably wait on it.  Watch Dogs had a game-breaking bug with the mission where you rescue his sister so I uninstalled that bullshit and haven't looked back.

TL;DR: They need to make things with less suck and more awsm
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
Interestingly enough, Syndicate is now on sale for $35.99 for just the game and $53.99 for the game + season pass.  I will take that as a sign
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
So they are selling a demo for Hitman for $15? They can't keep getting away with this.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

If you go on to buy the game do you get $12 discount? That could make it almost reasonable. Not really but at least a bit defensible. Demos are supposed to be part of the marketing for a game, producers shouldn't get to charge consumers to view a trailer just because it cost them money to produce it. Same goes for demos.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

If you go on to buy the game do you get $12 discount? That could make it almost reasonable. Not really but at least a bit defensible. Demos are supposed to be part of the marketing for a game, producers shouldn't get to charge consumers to view a trailer just because it cost them money to produce it. Same goes for demos.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
If you pre-order the game, you get the beta, which is basically the demo.  There's always the Steam refund now too if you've played the game less than two hours
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone

_j5689_ wrote:

if you've played the game less than two hours
How can you judge a game in 2 hours. At least a AAA one.
I thought BF4 was the worst fps I have ever played, yet I still managed to clock up 10hours, and didn't even touch the single player (as if I would).
Same with skyrim, absolute trash game, still spent 12+ hours wandering around trying to find something interesting to do.

Maybe I wouldn't have normally spent that long except I was trying to find the hidden BF2 and oblivion within the sequels. But 2 hours is just ridiculous.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

DrunkFace wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

if you've played the game less than two hours
How can you judge a game in 2 hours. At least a AAA one.
I can usually tell if I'm going to like a game within the first two minutes. The only reason people are now saying that you have to play a game for hours and hours and hours before you can have an opinion is that they've made it take forever to get anything done in many modern games. There's a difference between giving people a lot of things to do and turning it into a second job.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

there's been many times where after 15 mins i thought i'd hate the game, only to still be playing it months later.  If a game takes hours and hours to get into (Dragon Age 2), I toss it aside.  I've been watching friends play xcom2 and i know i don't have the patience to play it.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6288|Washington St.
The first time I played bf2 I hated it and regretted spending the $50 on it. I set it aside for probably two months then purely out of guilt for spending so much on a game I never play, I started up again. 10 years later, it's probably in my top 5 games of all time in both time spent and joy received.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard