wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
Just a quick question can you install apps onto your memory card? Anyone have the Samsung Ace?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

welcome to the dark side
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6629|The darkside of Denver
I think most apps can be installed to the SD card.  If not, there are apps to move apps to the SD card.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
Beautiful I've changed my mind to a Samsung Galaxy S going to have to call up tomorrow.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

Luv my Galaxy
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Benzin
+576|5968

wah1188 wrote:

Beautiful I've changed my mind to a Samsung Galaxy S going to have to call up tomorrow.
Don't buy the Galaxy S.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

CapnNismo wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

Don't buy the Galaxy S.
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
yeah pretty sure samsung phones are shit. <3 my evo
Benzin
+576|5968
No, the Galaxy S is a right stout phone. Samsung makes fantastic electronics, in fact I'm sure Samsung likely made a number of the bits inside your Evo.

The reason I say do not buy a Galaxy S is because it's older hardware. Newer Android phones don't cost that much more than a new Galaxy S on the open market (unlocked), so it makes little sense to buy an older device. In all honesty, I would buy a Nexus S. I'm not too cool with all the skinning that HTC and Samsung do with their normal phones. The Android interface can be customized in so many other ways that don't interfere with the updating of Android.

Now there are a few dual core phones out there but from what a friend tells me about his Optimus X2, he's lucky if he makes it through an entire day on a single charge. He does use the phone a lot, but I'm sure most anyone here would do the same. Not sure if dual core on Android is really the best choice since Google still needs to work on the OS's power management.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
Well I'm on contract I'm just hoping to get a good deal. The Galaxy 2 does looks amazing but I just don't feel the need to spend that much on a phone. Galaxy S seems like a nice size too. Oh and I can't get a HTC EVO no one sells it in the UK. So it's a straight fight between Desire S and Galaxy S. I'm a bit of a Samsung fanboy mainly because they make good tv's a lot of companies use their ram too.
Sturgeon
+488|4911|Flintshire
Is the Desire HD an option?

I love mine
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Benzin
+576|5968
Get the Desire S. IIRC, the processor is faster and you'll have newer hardware, and that will translate into longer support on Android.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

ive known 3 people with the galaxy s.  all 3 had it break numerous times and sent in for repairs only to break again over and over again.  they all hated it for the pos it was.

tl;dr its crap, get a better phone
Shadow893
lel
+75|6662|England
Love my Galaxy S. There isn't a greater phone.. apart from Galaxy S II which I'm going be getting in the week. Churchill doesn't know what he's on about. Really tough phone and never let me down.

And it's cheap.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

brb, asking the 3 people who binned the phone what they think of it.

plenty of good phones out there, galaxy s isnt one of them.  ive heard S II is good though
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
Same processor in them both.
The Desire HD is gigantic. Well all the people saying no don't have first hand experience with the phone so I'll take your reviews with a pinch of salt. Obviously the Desire S is newer but it is more expensive. I'll ask about it anyway if they get me a good deal it will be cool.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

actually, i do.  one of the users was my dad who gets the latest phone every 3 months due to him owning a tech company.  so i used the galaxy s quite a bit.  plenty of better androids, iphone, bb torch... tons of options that are significantly better
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
My friend just got a Desire S and loves it.

I still love my Desire, except for the RAM size. Gets laggy after about 5 days and I need to restart it.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Galaxy S user here, no problem at all with the phone! Its perfect so far! And its not like if it was sitting on a desk, i use it at work and at home and its still like if it was just out of the box!
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
BB Torch lol fuck the Blackberrys overpriced and shit. I'm on one now it's shit although the calls and messaging are great it's not really great for anything else. Old and out-dated OS 5 quid apps that you can only install onto onboard memory which also is used for the phones ram urgh.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

err, i have the torch and its brilliant.  not really sure what more you could want, plenty of apps, hands down the best messaging system, physical keyboard, sleek OS6.  i had both my dad and a friend switch from the galaxy s to torch and prefer it...

but this isnt about BBs, its about getting an android which is what youre looking for.  are the desire s and galaxy s really your only choices?
Sturgeon
+488|4911|Flintshire

wah1188 wrote:

Same processor in them both.
The Desire HD is gigantic.
You get used to it, it's not that big, and you'll find you'll want a bigger phone next time
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Maybe not bigger.. but I wont go back to a smaller phone (4.3 now also). It's actually pretty funny to hear people talk about how "huge" some of these phones are. I guess they weren't around in the early days of mobile technology. I know it's relative, but to say something is gigantic that still fits in the palm of your hand is a joke. I mean unless you're wearing skin tight jeans it drops into your pockets easily.. and if you're wearing skin tight jeans you've got bigger problems.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Sturgeon
+488|4911|Flintshire
My dad still has a few bricks from the 90's in the house somewhere.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
Kmar you insinuating I'm a homo?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard