Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6739|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

Trotskygrad wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

And to expand on that, in regards to generally pissy attitude towards all things non-French;

French-Canadian > Paris French > Swiss French

Apparently, the French-Canadians aren't real French, so they act super-Parisian-French to make up for it.
In other words - ASSHOLES
Acting Parisian like? Wait wait wait....French from the province of Québec acting like French from France?

Man, get your mind out of the gutter! We are not in any way close to the France french! Its like saying American are acting all British and stuff....Srsly!
I think it's like saying that Americans overcompensate about American english's supposed inferiority to British English by acting all British and trying to make themselves more british by being all snobby towards other languages.

which we don't do, but arguably the french canadians do.
Well, from what i can see...i'd have to say you are wrong, sure, there is people that act all snobby...but that's not just a french Canadian thing. That's worldwide.

And, as i have already probably stated before...I dont consider Montreal to be representative of the French Canadian population. But oh well, you can think what ever you want, and i am pretty sure anything i say wont change the way you think. Best way to be able to tell is to actually come over here and get to know the place and people.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6941|Great Brown North
french first
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6762|132 and Bush

Trotskygrad wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

And to expand on that, in regards to generally pissy attitude towards all things non-French;

French-Canadian > Paris French > Swiss French

Apparently, the French-Canadians aren't real French, so they act super-Parisian-French to make up for it.
In other words - ASSHOLES
Acting Parisian like? Wait wait wait....French from the province of Québec acting like French from France?

Man, get your mind out of the gutter! We are not in any way close to the France french! Its like saying American are acting all British and stuff....Srsly!
I think it's like saying that Americans overcompensate about American english's supposed inferiority to British English by acting all British and trying to make themselves more british by being all snobby towards other languages.

I'm more French than most French Canadians.

tbh
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

I met a French Canadian in Vegas. She was kinda whiny and annoying so I ditched her. Based on that, I wouldn't move there and stay in Vegas.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

Kmar wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

I'm more French than most French Canadians.

tbh
Hummm, chances are high...that's why we use mostly the term, Franchophone rather than french when talking about the french canadian.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5399|Cleveland, Ohio

ghettoperson wrote:

I met a French Canadian in Vegas. She was kinda whiny and annoying so I ditched her. Based on that, I wouldn't move there and stay in Vegas.
jord
+2,382|6840|The North, beyond the wall.
Who spits on people for speaking English in public? Why don't they just join the 21st century and speak English or fucking Mandarin the filthy cheese rapers.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5399|Cleveland, Ohio

jord wrote:

Who spits on people for speaking English in public? Why don't they just join the 21st century and speak English or fucking Mandarin the filthy cheese rapers.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

jord wrote:

Well, some pricks does, but most of the time most francophone will try their best to speak english so you guys can understand and have fun...please, oh please, if you ever come over to Quebec and someone spit at you for speaking english, punch him in the mouth!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard